SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-08, 03:14 AM   #631
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

hi guys, ok i have 3 questions.

1- i assume u cant update this mod mid patrol, is this correct?

2- instead od de-activating this mod, then re-activating the new version can i just add these changes to the default files?

3- on a seperate issue, ships can be spotted upto 15k's right? can smoke be spotted before the actual ships are?

cheers
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 03:15 AM   #632
Azrael Valedhel
Watch

Downloads: 14

Uberfast updates there
Old 05-16-08, 06:21 AM   #633
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

[/QUOTE]
I have an X800XT, which is presumably similar to your X850XT, so maybe the "fix" I use will work for you:
  1. Make sure you're using the latest official drivers - NOT omega drivers.
  2. Go into the CCC and:
    • Enable AA and move the slider to 4X or higher
    • Enable Adaptive AA and move the slider to "Quality"
    • Enable Catalyst AI and move the slider to "Standard"
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much OLC

With AA=4x and Adaptive AA I have a nice sun AA=2x is not enough and also without Adaptive AA I don't get a nice sun!

Thanks again, I am now off to enjoy the sun
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 06:42 AM   #634
Lible
Mate

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig

2- instead od de-activating this mod, then re-activating the new version can i just add these changes to the default files?

3- on a seperate issue, ships can be spotted upto 15k's right? can smoke be spotted before the actual ships are?

cheers
You can update and disable and enable this midpatrol
Lible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 11:41 AM   #635
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Default I have a problem with OLC Uber...

Yes, i have! The lamp of the captain cabin burn-out and I can't read any of the grossadmiral specs... :p

Oki, apart from joking. I post here since any one that reads and use this mod can advice me.
My "problem" is this: the torpedos often don't hit since they pass behind the ship. Many times this is a human (mine) error, I puted bad calculations in the TDC and/or the speed of the target is wrongly calculated. But yesterday this last one was done right. It was a convoy, and I calculated the speed right, by both method's and in several ships. But my torpedos miss, pass behind the ship.
Now, I thing of two things, or my speed calculations are wrong and/or the AOB calculations are. Or since the periscope is more time above water, the ship's can see it and increse speed making my estimations all wrong. My question? In your opinion what is the second cause more likely to be it?

And, just for the record, I saw, read and follow up the tutorials. Also, by the way, the marks for the calculation of the ABO are in valor of 2, aren't they?
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 11:59 AM   #636
Dolfo91
Seaman

Downloads: 10

Srry this is a question for OLC
Is it possible to make the water more transparent like in SH4 where you can see parts of the hull underwater??
THX
Silent Hunter III player
GWX 3.0
LRT Lite(Testing compatiblity)
OLCEnviroments and GUI
Thomsen Ships(Testing compatiblity) and SoundPack
Dolfo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 01:03 PM   #637
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig

cheers
1. It depends which version you're upgrading from. It's always safer to enable mods between patrols.
2. Huh?
3. SH3 just doesn't work that way. IRL you can see (from a U-boat watch tower) the horizon 8km away and (on a clear day) the masts and/or smoke stacks of ships ~16km away (this would vary by ship). But the SH3 world is flat and square, in any SH3 16km atmosphere you'll see a ship 16km away, not just it's smoke stack. You'll have to "pretend" that you're seeing it's smoke stack.
Old 05-16-08, 01:10 PM   #638
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfo91
Srry this is a question for OLC
Is it possible to make the water more transparent like in SH4 where you can see parts of the hull underwater??
THX
I don't think it can be done in SH3.
Old 05-16-08, 03:37 PM   #639
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57

I never really realised how weird the flattened water looked through the binocs and peris.

SH3 without your mods becomes more and more a no-go for me
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 10:42 PM   #640
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default 2.2.0 uploading... slowly!

I'm releasing another update... 2.2.0! The minor version increase is because this one has a quite big change: I've removed all object/particle reflections. I just think they look pretty naff, not least of all because half of them are broken anyway... but even those that aren't broken just don't look right to me.

I had this idea after going to Museum and noticing there were no object reflections there. By that I mean you can see the environment reflections e.g. sky/cloud/sun, but no ship reflection. IMO this looks waaaay better, and much more like RL, so I set about making this change to OLCE2. Some might not like the sound of it, but I say: try it before you judge.

Now the bad news... I was unable to find a global switch for turning these reflections off, so I had to turn each one off individually. A hex search and replace tool made quick work of it, but it means that just about every .dat file in GWX 2.1 has been modified in OLCE2. This means OLCU is now a 260Mb download and, worse, it will probably report JSGME conflicts with just about any other mod you try to install. I leave it to you to decide what, if anything, you want to do about that. To the computer-literate users of OLCU, I say: the only thing I've changed in all these extra .dat files is a switch that turns off reflections. If you want to use a mod which conflicts on, say, Turm2A_1_hd.dat, you can enable that mod over OLCU (ignoring the JSGME warning) and the only "bad" thing that will happen is you'll still get the reflections on all objects in that .dat file.

I hope that made sense.

I'm dreading the feedback on this one.

Someone be nice and say they like it after it's released. I do!

OLC
Old 05-16-08, 11:22 PM   #641
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Sorry OLC I like reflections even with some of the bugs in it or broken as you claim. Its a sacrafice I'm willing to accept but to take it off. Well thats your choice dude because its your baby. So for me I like as is.

Goodluck with your future endeavors dude.

WH
Old 05-16-08, 11:23 PM   #642
jmr
Commander

Downloads: 62

Would love to see some screenshot comparisons. My biggest concern is having to redownload all 260MB of the mod each time there's a revision to it.
jmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 11:36 PM   #643
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

lol good point jmr

I wanted to separate the reflections bit into another "modlet" but the problem there is shared files between the different parts of the Ubermod. I'd end up with 4 parts to the Ubermod - 5 if you include OLC GUI 1.2.x - with various possible installation combinations, and of course I'll get people asking "do I enable this bit or that bit???" and general confusion all-round.

As for screens... well if you want to see what it looks like, why don't you just open the Museum?
Old 05-17-08, 12:01 AM   #644
jmr
Commander

Downloads: 62

Heh I thought you visited a real museum, had no idea you were talking about the one in game :}

I definitely see your point with regards to breaking it down into smaller packs - the number of questions on how do install this or that will drive you insane.
jmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 12:55 AM   #645
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Aha!

I think I worked out a way of separating it which isn't too confusing. Doing it now.