SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-18, 12:01 PM   #1
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Icon8 And from the department of Why I hate people...

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...-die-in-lorain

Pair facing animal cruelty charges for leaving starving dogs to die in Lorain

Quote:

LORAIN, Ohio - The owners of two dogs who were starved, mistreated and left to die at a house out last month in Lorain have been charged, according to Lorain County Jail records.

Amanda J. Pippens, 34, and Ellison Morris, 36 are facing a misdemeanor abandoning animals charge and felony-level cruelty to companion animals charge.

The charges stem from an incident where a neighbor's child discovered two emaciated dogs left in the yard of a home on Washington Avenue. According to authorities, the owners were recently evicted and allegedly left the dogs there to fend for themselves.

When they were found, the dogs were in terrible shape — their bones were showing and they exhibited signs of starvation. According to Dr. Thomas Wood of the Lorain Animal Clinic, the dogs were "basically just starved."
Unfortunately, one of the dogs didn't survive the ordeal and later died. The other animal was able to pull through and is making a full recovery at a foster home, according to the Lorain Animal Clinic.

The case highlights a loophole in Ohio's law regarding animal abuse and cruelty. Under current law, had both dogs lived, the cruelty to animal charges would only be a misdemeanor. The charge was only elevated to a felony because one of the animals died.
This loophole needs to be closed.

One has to be a special kind of stupid to think that dogs can fend for themselves when confined in a yard. What? Were the dogs supposed to start a garden.... or you have to be devoid of any compassion for the suffering of a fellow animal.

I wager that the dogs were more loyal to these two, then they were to the dogs.

Loophole or not, I am glad that felony charges are being levied. I hope they are not dropped. I am tired of animal cruelty laws being lax.

If you don't want to take care of a dog, surrender it to a shelter where at worst it can be put down humanely if necessary.

I hate people.

Time to get some balance on Goodnewsnetwork.org.
Old 09-15-18, 12:29 PM   #2
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Homo sapiens is the only animal that can torment and kill other fellow creatures in the world with such fervor and endurance.

I myself do not think very well about humanity.
Sometimes I think we humans are a malicious virus epidemic that has haunted the earth like aliens.
Old 09-15-18, 01:24 PM   #3
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Homo sapiens is the only animal that can torment and kill other fellow creatures in the world with such fervor and endurance.

Sometimes I think we humans are a malicious virus epidemic that has haunted the earth like aliens.
Ahh i dunno, We are a mixed bag of nuts, for every act of evil and selfishness, there is an act of kindness/love.
Remember that the News will mostly tell you about the former.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 01:40 PM   #4
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

You are right - I certainly did not want to accuse all people of these acts.
There are quite well-disposed and worried people, unfortunately they are in the minority.
And now we are back to the topic of "normality"... and it's going crazy there.
Old 09-15-18, 06:00 PM   #5
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

Wait a sec.... shouldn't the landlord bear a little responsibility here too? Not taking anything off those two scumbags though.

After an eviction, somebody should have gone to inspect the house. Either a cleaning service, or the landlord, or the sheriff who did the eviction. Somebody should have seen those dogs in the yard and done some thing about it.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-18, 06:55 AM   #6
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post

In the far far future when some alien PhD student writes a dissertation about earth,Homo Sapiens won't be listed in the category of successful species.

We are destructive to the very environment in which our survival depends. I believe that is one of the criteria for a failed mutation.

The "dumb" dinosaurs lasted hundreds of millions of years. Do we really think that Humans will last even one million before we kill ourselves off?

The sooner our species can become extinct the sooner the earth can start to repair.
Old 09-16-18, 07:32 AM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
Wait a sec.... shouldn't the landlord bear a little responsibility here too? Not taking anything off those two scumbags though.

After an eviction, somebody should have gone to inspect the house. Either a cleaning service, or the landlord, or the sheriff who did the eviction. Somebody should have seen those dogs in the yard and done some thing about it.
Good point

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-18, 02:10 PM   #8
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
[...]We are destructive to the very environment in which our survival depends. I believe that is one of the criteria for a failed mutation.

The "dumb" dinosaurs lasted hundreds of millions of years. Do we really think that Humans will last even one million before we kill ourselves off?

The sooner our species can become extinct the sooner the earth can start to repair.
I am torn back and forth, regarding this opinion. Sometimes i think there are at least two "human" species. Or we are shizophrene.
Yes i kow there's no black and white, but some people...
I do not want to bash Trump regarding EPA again: Europe, China and the rest of the world is not better. Speaking of losing illusions here.

The dinosaurs.. it seems "intelligence" as humans understand it is overrated.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote