SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-11, 01:12 PM   #181
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
So as you can see thing are starting to shape up
Old 02-07-11, 09:34 PM   #182
megadan
Swabbie

Downloads: 354

hey Hans
everything sounds good but will you still release the smaller mod first and then update it when the team of modders has completed everything else or wait until everything is finished?
megadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 09:54 PM   #183
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
Great news, Mak.

As for the Sensors, NYGM was my first eva, Mod i used, beside the old RUB.
And we use to play the W@W campaign with NYGM back in the Days And they used to be hairy.

They are not just vital for the crew and Ai to function properly, but also for the challenge. They really seemed to work where the silhouette tactics (big, small) were concerned!

Curious how the scopes turn out!

Keep it up mates!
yes, Myxale ...my opinion,also, is that NYGM's sensors are superb...especially at visual part settings becuase they are offering different settings for different ships's types (a job made by Observer) so i am 'pointing' to this direction but with tweaks to achieve the correct-real(to possible) detection ranges (as i done it to my tweaks at MEP) . but this are tastes ...so the more opinions are heard ....the better
what about the other sensors ? which supermod do you believe that have the more correct, historicaly, sensors ? (for sonars,hydros and radars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Unfortunately I have right now no time at all for modding. I can provide some technical support and info, though. There are some things about the scopes mounted on the Type II that I can tell; one of them is a small but important detail we had not yet noticed back when OLC, Joegrundman and me developed the Zielkurswinkel Rad
oh thats too bad Hitman ! i ,also, would like to have more free time for helping Hans but i know how it is ! anyway, any help that you can give is very apreciated so pack the infos and send them when you are ready.

Does,indeed, the real thing at UIIA's scopes had the Kurswinkel 'thingy' ?if yes, thats very nice news becuase i have allready created(for my own use) a Zielkurswinkel Rad that is totally design from scratch and it is very more accurate than the allready released but this 'new' one is also 'designed' by hand so i can't tell that it is 100% perfect. if the real scopes at UIIA had this tool i will import it in its scopes . it needs only to polish it (i have all its layers seperately) so i don't think that will be difficult to make the changes that you noticed

Quote:
Hi mate,

I didn't want to mention it to early because sometime it is better to let the person think of it before he get involved

There is another modder to who offer to join the team, he want to start on Battleship skinning and merchants, since i made custom UVW template our battleship and merchant will have both side independent for texturing.

I will make a video to show the process to him and he will start on that part of our mod.

Those ships will be greatly enhanced visually because of trick i used baking shadow on texture template and applying custom specular mask to get that metallic look that you saw on typIIA in video.

Our fellow shipmate who offer to help have also mod UI and is well know here at subsim.

So as you can see thing are starting to shape up

Best regards Hans
oh Hans....i thought that it was only me....even better now !!

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:07 AM   #184
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadan View Post
hey Hans
everything sounds good but will you still release the smaller mod first and then update it when the team of modders has completed everything else or wait until everything is finished?

Hi mate,

Don't worry the mod will be release as soon as i finish the interior of typIIA all the rest like the superb new UI that Makman is making specially for us, the ai sensor and game mechanic, the campaign elements and new battleship&merchants will be add as update later on.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:20 AM   #185
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
yes, Myxale ...my opinion,also, is that NYGM's sensors are superb...especially at visual part settings becuase they are offering different settings for different ships's types (a job made by Observer) so i am 'pointing' to this direction but with tweaks to achieve the correct-real(to possible) detection ranges (as i done it to my tweaks at MEP) . but this are tastes ...so the more opinions are heard ....the better
what about the other sensors ? which supermod do you believe that have the more correct, historicaly, sensors ? (for sonars,hydros and radars)

oh thats too bad Hitman ! i ,also, would like to have more free time for helping Hans but i know how it is ! anyway, any help that you can give is very apreciated so pack the infos and send them when you are ready.

Does,indeed, the real thing at UIIA's scopes had the Kurswinkel 'thingy' ?if yes, thats very nice news becuase i have allready created(for my own use) a Zielkurswinkel Rad that is totally design from scratch and it is very more accurate than the allready released but this 'new' one is also 'designed' by hand so i can't tell that it is 100% perfect. if the real scopes at UIIA had this tool i will import it in its scopes . it needs only to polish it (i have all its layers seperately) so i don't think that will be difficult to make the changes that you noticed

oh Hans....i thought that it was only me....even better now !!
Hi mate,

All of that sound real good to me I have to format my system this week it is overdue| 2 years without a reinstall of winxp pro is a very risky business

Some dll are corrupt and all my system is very unstable for now so i got no other alternative then to reinstall the bugger.

After that i will setup msn so we can communicate more easily between each others when the need for it arise.

When done with that back in business with a fresh install

Believe me my friends our mod is going to be a blast to play for all history freak

I have also help from folks that send me tons of references on others boats.

So like you see we are not alone in this and a lot of folks see in our mod a real new breath of fresh air in the Sh3 franchise.

Like i say it is only the beginning

Best regards and thank to all of you my friends

Old 02-08-11, 02:46 AM   #186
Gammel
Commodore

Downloads: 276

Quote:
Hi mate,

All of that sound real good to me I have to format my system this week it is overdue| 2 years without a reinstall of winxp pro is a very risky business

Some dll are corrupt and all my system is very unstable for now so i got no other alternative then to reinstall the bugger.

Please....
Buy a new HDD and leave the data on the old - maybe your drive is corrupt as well, better start over with a fresh one - the are affordable.

Don't risk any data lost!
If your fine with 500GB i'd recomment Seagate 3500418AS - sold dozends and not a single failure till now
Looking very forward for release of your and your teams work - together wit h.sie's fixes it will bring back me to sh3
Please pay attention on type XXI too...
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 04:15 AM   #187
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post

Please....
Buy a new HDD and leave the data on the old - maybe your drive is corrupt as well, better start over with a fresh one - the are affordable.

Don't risk any data lost!
If your fine with 500GB i'd recomment Seagate 3500418AS - sold dozends and not a single failure till now
Looking very forward for release of your and your teams work - together wit h.sie's fixes it will bring back me to sh3
Please pay attention on type XXI too...
Hi mate,

Thank for your support my friend but don't worry my data is secure on another 1 tetra hard disk backup

For type XXI i will probably do it but it is going to be at the very end

Best regards Hans

Old 02-08-11, 02:49 PM   #188
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
yoh Hans....i thought that it was only me....even better now !!
hehe, no there's me too . Just have to learn sh3 modding (Sh5's menu editor has me spoilt ).
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 02:53 PM   #189
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
hehe, no there's me too . Just have to learn sh3 modding (Sh5's menu editor has me spoilt ).
I believe there is a Menu Editor for SH3/4 also.

It was released as a Modder created Tool.
I know I have it.

jimimadrid search for him.
Old 02-08-11, 03:45 PM   #190
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I believe there is a Menu Editor for SH3/4 also.

It was released as a Modder created Tool.
I know I have it.

jimimadrid search for him.
Hi mate,

Yep i saw that once but i tough it was only for SH4!

Best regards mate

Old 02-08-11, 03:50 PM   #191
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi mate,

Eh eh i didn't want to announced name until people where sure about their decision in joining my crazy venture

Welcome aboard shipmate and prepare to suffer

For the first few custom UVW template of battleships i will do them so you can start working on them at your own pace

Depending on the model hull length i have to do some magic trick on the unwrapping process.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-08-11, 03:51 PM   #192
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Hi mate,

Yep i saw that once but i tough it was only for SH4!

Best regards mate
I believe if you go through his thread it states it works for SH3 also.

I'm pretty sure it must or I would not have kept a mental note on it.
Old 02-08-11, 03:56 PM   #193
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I believe if you go through his thread it states it works for SH3 also.

I'm pretty sure it must or I would not have kept a mental note on it.
Hi mate,

Thank for looking at it

I got my handful right now but seeing the result is damn stimulating

Best regards Hans

Old 02-08-11, 04:02 PM   #194
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default TYPIID deck layout&CT ext details

Hi shipmates,

Regarding the rate of reply in this thread i start 2 days ago it seem that 0 indicated that typIID conning tower details and deck layout have no references at all on it

I saw one pic so far of typIID deck that seem identical as typIIA deck so if no one can send me anything new on it i will go for typIIA type of deck layout.

For the conning tower what i want to know is the water hole pattern on each side and other external detail like floor type periscope housing and instruments.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-08-11, 04:12 PM   #195
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The Type II was superceded by the type VII.
Very litle seems to have been changed on the various versions of the type II aside from some Turm modifications.
It was mostly an obsolete Boat as far as modifications go.