Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 03-18-13, 06:12 AM   #541
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post

That was quicker than I expected. I'll download at work in a bit.

Thank you to all at Team Fusion.
I did tell you to start holding your breath. The RC test saw about 70 odd human pilots on the ATAG private server and showed excellent performance with only very minor and very occasional stutters when new players spawned in.

Being able to climb up to over 10,000m makes a big difference and the FM's are all much nicer to fly.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 07:02 AM   #542
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 09:47 AM   #543
Oberon
Lucky Jack

First impressions are good. Took a Mk I Spitfire out and up, couldn't use TrackIR because of that curious thing known as sunshine in England (it'll never catch on) but will try again with TrackIR later tonight.
Framerates are reasonable, not noticing a massive increase but I need to twiddle some settings a bit since for some bizarre reason it didn't manage to access the settings for the vanilla CloD even though I copied them across.
No biggie though.

Flight model seems about right, nice bit of shaking before stall as expected, but I couldn't seem to get the old girl above 26000ft which isn't quite accurate. It could be that I'm doing something wrong, but it certainly became a bit of a struggle to keep the nose pitched up at that altitude.
Entered a spin whilst attempting to climb further but recovered a few thousand feet further down. Began a rapid descent and levelled off about one or two thousand feet above the ground. Switched prop pitch back and then the engine broke, so I made a crash landing nearby. No visible damage to the prop even though I nosed over, but that's no real biggie to me if I'm honest. In regards as to why the engine broke, anything is possible with the Rolls Royce Merlin, it's quite a finicky engine, but it's most likely that it overheated because of the prop pitch change. One thing I noticed is that the little red text that tells you what damage you've suffered was lacking, so I couldn't be certain what it was that broke. Again though, I'm not that fussed since real life Spitfire pilots didn't have a little HUD that told them what had just fallen off their aircraft.

All in all, promising so far, was nice to get up and create some contrails...although I did notice a little bit of contrail going through the inside of the cockpit whilst in cockpit view, could just be my settings though. What are your settings Tarjak?
Old 03-18-13, 04:10 PM   #544
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Just had a quick sortie online. Took off, climbed up over Manston and flew over the channel for a bit, saw some Blennies being attacked by 109s, so dived in to help, but the whole thing flew into cloud and I lost them, then found another aircraft, came over to it, lost it and then was bounced by two 109s.

So, thoughts, firstly...ouch. Secondly, I'm enjoying the new patch, the reflections are a nice touch, the sounds are...well...obviously not the priority of this patch and will be sorted with Tigers soundmod, but the flight model seems quite good, although the Spitfire doesn't seem as smooth as I'd expect but equally that could be a performance issue related more to the computer than to the Flight model.

All in all though, it's good, it's a vast improvement over the original for certain, and a good indication of what quality work Team Fusion are capable of producing.

Now all we need is Tigers sounds and this will be the game it should have been at release!
Old 03-19-13, 07:07 AM   #545
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So what all are these upcoming mods adding to and or giving the game? And what kind of performance could I expect with an

Asus G55V 15.6 Inch?

Has a 3610QM i7 Quad core at 2.3Ghz (not over clocked)
16GB RAM 1600hMZ DDR3 (Upgraded)
and has a NviDia GTX 660M 2GB standalone memory.
Old 03-19-13, 11:09 PM   #546
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

well I downloaded the patch.....seems good, but honestly I haven't played COD enough to appreciate it. The Canopy glint is pretty cool tho.

Question: does anyone know if the Patch is compatible with any of the campaign MODs by desastersoft.com?? Really getting an itch to buy one of those Third Party add ons. Has anyone tried these? I've read some online review...seems promising .
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 06:12 AM   #547
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

I believe some testing has been done with the Desastersoft mods. You just have to have them in the right folders to make it work. http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3796
Old 03-26-13, 03:32 AM   #548
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarJak View Post
I believe some testing has been done with the Desastersoft mods. You just have to have them in the right folders to make it work. http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3796

TarJak,

what kind of specs would you need to run this game with high fps? On say med to high? I put mine about 2 posts down. Im trying to get a feel if I should buy this or buy IL 2 1946 and HSFX
Old 03-26-13, 05:04 AM   #549
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
TarJak,

what kind of specs would you need to run this game with high fps? On say med to high? I put mine about 2 posts down. Im trying to get a feel if I should buy this or buy IL 2 1946 and HSFX
Your rig should work fine. I've got an i7 2600 with 16GB of DDR3 RAM and a 1.5GB 580GTX vid card and it runs at 30+FPS with almost no stuttering(only see stutters when there are lots of explosions going on), with everything on high. Should be no reason you can't run it with your rig. As I said a few posts ago for the money its well worth it and TBH I can't go back to 1946 because it looks too cartoony even with HSFX.
Old 03-26-13, 05:22 AM   #550
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
All in all, promising so far, was nice to get up and create some contrails...although I did notice a little bit of contrail going through the inside of the cockpit whilst in cockpit view, could just be my settings though. What are your settings Tarjak?
Sorry mate, just noticed this. I've got everything set on high for video settings in game. Vsync is off but SSAO is on.

Nvidia settings:
AF = Application controlled
AA-FXAA=on (Though I've read that this can cause shimmering for some people on some textures)
AA-Gamma Correction=Off
AA-Mode=Enhance the application setting
AA-Setting= 16Q CSAA
AA-transparency=8X (Supersample)
CUDA=GPU's=ALL
Max pre-rendered frames=4
Power=Maximum Performance
Texture Filtering -Anisotropic sample optimisation=Off
TF-Negative LOD bias=Allow
TF-Quality=High Quality
TF-Trilinear Optimisation=Off
Threaded Optimisation=Auto
Tripple Buffering=On
TF-Anistotrpic filter optimisation=Off
Vertical Sync=Use the 3D application setting
Old 03-26-13, 08:25 AM   #551
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarJak View Post
Your rig should work fine. I've got an i7 2600 with 16GB of DDR3 RAM and a 1.5GB 580GTX vid card and it runs at 30+FPS with almost no stuttering(only see stutters when there are lots of explosions going on), with everything on high. Should be no reason you can't run it with your rig. As I said a few posts ago for the money its well worth it and TBH I can't go back to 1946 because it looks too cartoony even with HSFX.
Are you running it with the team fusion patch as well?
Old 03-26-13, 04:56 PM   #552
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
Are you running it with the team fusion patch as well?
Yes. Wouldn't go without it. Have a look at stock first though so you can appreciate the difference.
Old 07-21-13, 01:21 PM   #553
saipan
Gunner

Downloads: 118

Been away from the VII-c for a while. Been flying CLOD. I am curious how the sub.sim community likes it. The TF mod sure helped, are any modders here doing anywork on it??
saipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 06:40 PM   #554
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

I ordered this the other day
Old 07-22-13, 10:54 AM   #555
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by saipan View Post
Been away from the VII-c for a while. Been flying CLOD. I am curious how the sub.sim community likes it. The TF mod sure helped, are any modders here doing anywork on it??
I've not used it with the TF mod yet, but it's downloaded ready to go on! Before it I loved CLoD anyway, online with ATAG was the way to go, think I only stopped because BF3 came out, I don't have the highest spec PC and got respectable frames from it, the only thing that bugged me was FMs which should be fixed by the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I ordered this the other day
Enjoy it, and get the mod!