SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-15-07, 04:15 PM   #2461
Fritz Wagner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
A "Tails Mod" will be released soon.
Thank you! Possibly also a way to stop the rotation of the ring antenna on the bridge? Sometimes I just watch the sea and the sky from the bridge and I would just as soon not have the distraction of the rotating antenna.

Cordially,

Fritz Wagner
Old 12-15-07, 04:16 PM   #2462
Fritz Wagner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Not sure how to put tails back, haven't used them "forever"

Turn the music "off" in the sound options menu.
Thanks! Should have remembered that.

Cordially,

Fritz Wagner
Old 12-15-07, 05:11 PM   #2463
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

I just completed the downloads, and now begins the (for me) arduous task of uninstalling the "old" and anxiously installing the "new". I can't wait to see the changes.

I'm one of the old school developers who practiced the art of programming long before the Internet and any form of email, so I guess that makes me a dinosaur of sorts. That means I can't truely appreciate the level of effort, but I know it didn't come without the tears and love required to create something of this complexity. If there are "bugs", I for one promise only to praise the effort and make no complaint. The donation was a nice touch - we can never give enough to repay Neal for his services, but I'm glad for the opportunity to help a little.

GWX 1.0 has been my only addiction since it's release, and SHIII before that. I love this game/sim, and appreciate the craft you all have put into it. I only hope your families still talk to you after all the time you spent on it.

Many, many thanks, on behalf of the GWX user community, including the ingrates, bitchers, and cheats. In their own way I'm sure they appreciate your efforts too. And now, I prepare to depart on a new campaign - watch for small wakes!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 05:15 PM   #2464
fat jez
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Welcome aboard Kaleun fat jez

You join at a most opportune time
Thanks for the welcome.

I think I've managed to remove the slide-out compass and additional charts and tables

I was just getting into the swing of things, pursuing a merchant with extreme prejudice when a destroyer snuck up on me and rammed me. No, I don't know what my bridge crew were doing

Cheers,
Jez
fat jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 06:39 PM   #2465
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1
Default Problems with GWX 2.0

Hi

I've been working at this all afternoon and I cannot get GEX 2.0 to load. This is as far as it gets:

Also, if I get it working, should I use the 16 atmosphere, because my screen at night is dark because of my monitor.

Rob
robj250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 06:43 PM   #2466
donw
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 25

How long did you wait mate...I'm hearing of folks saying 7-10 minutes at that screen (especially the first time you run it)....being experienced:hmm:

As for your monitor, try bumping up your gamma setting in advanced settings...that should lighten things up for ya. The 16K mod just extends your visual range I think...and also allows you to take the external cam up higher...(better take that one to the GWX team for clarification?)
donw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 06:56 PM   #2467
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj250
Hi

I've been working at this all afternoon and I cannot get GEX 2.0 to load. This is as far as it gets:

Also, if I get it working, should I use the 16 atmosphere, because my screen at night is dark because of my monitor.

Rob
Give it time Rob....the initial load is always the longest.
If that isn't the answer, come back to us tomorrow mate, we'll get you sorted, rest assured

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 07:27 PM   #2468
robj250
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Hi

Rob
Give it time Rob....the initial load is always the longest.
If that isn't the answer, come back to us tomorrow mate, we'll get you sorted, rest assured

Oh, I never gave it that long. 10 minutes? WOW. Okay. I'll try
Rob
Old 12-15-07, 07:48 PM   #2469
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 203

Quote:
I seem to have problems. I done a complete new install of Silent Hunter III and upgraded to 1.04. I changed SH3 Commander 2.7 with the file I was supposed to use (It was just a copy and paste). However I got errors when I installed GWX 2.0

Here are the errors:

DEBUG: Test 1 PASSED
DEBUG: Test 2 PASSED Version is 1.4.0.1
DEBUG: Test 3 PASSED
DEBUG: Test 4 FAILED Size is 7974981
DEBUG: Test 5 FAILED Size is 70200
DEBUG: Test 6 Seems to have PASSED IF Size is not Zero - Size is 1134792
At least one of the tests failed

What happened?

EDIT: Disregard. I started over and there were no problems. Great.

Rob
robj, I think I can help with that. It looks like you did what I did and tried to download the .bin files all at once.

Numbers 4 and 5 correspond to those .bin files

So all you need to do it download numbers 4 and 5 again and run the setup. Hope this helps!

<EDIT> Whoops, didnt see the edit. Ahwell, its here for future reference just incase XD
Old 12-15-07, 07:56 PM   #2470
robj250
Sea Lord

Default It works, Yeppie

Well, I did as you said, I waited 10 minutes but it started in 8 minutes.

Now I'm too exhausted for tonight. I get her started tomorrow.

Thanks
Rob
Old 12-15-07, 08:12 PM   #2471
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait

I just completed the downloads, and now begins the (for me) arduous task of uninstalling the "old" and anxiously installing the "new". I can't wait to see the changes.

I'm one of the old school developers who practiced the art of programming long before the Internet and any form of email, so I guess that makes me a dinosaur of sorts. That means I can't truely appreciate the level of effort, but I know it didn't come without the tears and love required to create something of this complexity. If there are "bugs", I for one promise only to praise the effort and make no complaint. The donation was a nice touch - we can never give enough to repay Neal for his services, but I'm glad for the opportunity to help a little.

GWX 1.0 has been my only addiction since it's release, and SHIII before that. I love this game/sim, and appreciate the craft you all have put into it. I only hope your families still talk to you after all the time you spent on it.

Many, many thanks, on behalf of the GWX user community, including the ingrates, bitchers, and cheats. In their own way I'm sure they appreciate your efforts too. And now, I prepare to depart on a new campaign - watch for small wakes!
Thanks for your good thoughts mate. Enjoy yourself and happy hunting. If you do dave any problems, just let us know and we'll get you sorted.

Happy hunting mate.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 09:56 PM   #2472
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz Wagner
Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
A "Tails Mod" will be released soon.
Thank you! Possibly also a way to stop the rotation of the ring antenna on the bridge? Sometimes I just watch the sea and the sky from the bridge and I would just as soon not have the distraction of the rotating antenna.

Cordially,

Fritz Wagner

remove the radioman from the station, the antenna continues on the bridge , but not rotates. (because there isn´t anybody in the controls)

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 01:08 AM   #2473
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Dec 16 is here, you can download GWX 2.0 here.

To Kpt. Lehmann, privateer, jimbuna, ref, Pen, Danlisa, and all the GWX team: Let me express my appreciation again for what you've done. Over 130 people donated for GWX 2.0 and not only will I not have to worry about the costs of running the website for most of the year, I've had additional RAM added to the forum server. Also, I've sent a Subsim Xmas gift to our key forum moderators, and I made it clear that GWX made it possible. These are the kind of things that make a place like Subsim click, thanks for that.

To all who donated: Thank you. Thank...you. What a great community.

Neal
Old 12-16-07, 01:50 AM   #2474
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

Thanks for the welcome jimbuna, I have one quick question. I havnt played SH3 since SH4 came out but i was wondering. Did GWX scale down the time compression to a max of 1024x and if it did is there anyway i can change this to a higher setting or to the original of 4096 i believe was the original? Thank you
Wolfling04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 04:35 AM   #2475
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

GWX does not affect TC settings, the original maximum was 1024x but you can use SH3 commander to tweak TC settings to your liking.
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote