SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-16, 01:54 PM   #1
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0
Default Widescreen/Hi Res woes

Hey all

I don't seem to be having much luck with the Silent Hunter series this week and I know I'm late to the party on this one but (because I'm fed up with SH V crashing on me) I'm trying to get SH III running in widescreen 1920x1080 with MaGui (primarily because I want TDC dials in the attack scope and it seems to be the best GUI mod for that). I'm also running GWX Gold 3.0. I run a dual monitor setup, and my main monitor is connected via HDMI.

I've tried Widescreen MaGui v3.4+SA with Widescreen MaGui v3.4+SA FIX for GWX v3 and this is what I get in it's default resolution (1360x768) -

If I change the resolution to the native res of my PC - 1920x1080 I get this -

I've also tried sh3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b with MaguiF (MaGui Final) and this is what I get in any resolution (there's no appreciable change no matter whether I use it's default resolution of 1280x960 or 1920x1080) -

Whilst Widescreen MaGui v3.4+SA looks correct at the main menu (and other menus), and in-game the dials are all nice and round etc. when running in 1360x768, it obviously doesn't work in 1920x1080 and is lacking one feature that I find invaluable in MaGui Final - the gyro indicator on the attack scope in the top left corner. MaGui Final however doesn't look correct in the menus - it seems to have bits cut off on either side and the dials don't quite look as though they are correctly round.

I've read a number of threads about widescreen fixes, hi res, and GUI mods, but can't seem to find a definitive answer, and I've tried playing around with my nVidia GPU settings, but have had no luck with that either.

Oddly when I run the game without a widescreen fix the main menu looks like it does in my 3rd screengrab above, but obviously the game runs in 1024x768.

What can I do to achieve what I'm looking for here - MaGui Final in 1920x1080 but with the correct widescreen proportions of Widescreen MaGui v3.4+SA?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-22-16 at 02:11 PM.
Raven Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-16, 02:32 PM   #2
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215433

Try this one, works like charm for me.
Unfortunately I have never tried MaGui so I can't help you there.
Old 10-22-16, 03:06 PM   #3
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 143

Thanks. I'll give that one a go.
Raven Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote