SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-04-10, 07:30 PM   #286
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

You're not supposed to hear anything, you are the mighty kaleun, leave such petty jobs to your crew.

Or if you really want to do something about it, go to the electric engine compartment and keep slamming the metal door shut for 15 minutes, that'll teach him.

(Don't do the same for the torpedo loader officer guy, he just stops talking to you. No, really, my officer won't talk to me anymore. )
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:32 PM   #287
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kepumfrmfloppin View Post
Well, I'm trying to get through the 'training' part of a carrear
the problem with the training mission is that if you deviate from what you're supposed to do, not every thing will work. You can cruise around and do whatever you want yes, but alot of things wont work correctly until you go Kiel. Crew on the deck is one, Torpedo Loading screen wont show.. crew management screen wont show.. and various other things.

Do exactly what it tells you to do.. if it says plot a course to keil.. do it. If it says travel to kiel.. do it.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:37 PM   #288
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kepumfrmfloppin View Post
Well, I'm trying to get through the 'training' part of a carrear

I sink the first 3 ships but in route, I am lined up for a great shot at another ship omw to Kiel.. but cant access the pariscope.. so I can't put a fish in it. I've tried everything.. even logged out and waited until tonight and still I can't access it.

When surfaced, the crew stays below.. no deck watch comes up.

I cannot get the crew to battle Stations

Anyone have any help with these please?

I'm kinda stuck here and the documents I have are useless.. they are like "This is the pariscope.. bla bla bla.. use it to aim and fire at ships.." Oh.. gee, I didn't know that.. gads..

So far the game is frustrating.. what works once (access the pariscope to sink 3 ships) never works again. It won't even highlight as an option to use.
Get through the training mission and you'll have a watch on deck (if you call 3 guys without binocs a watch crew ) and some of the other options will open up for you.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:48 PM   #289
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

The damage model needs tweaking. I put 2 torpedoes (one in the bow, one in the stern) into a Hog Island freighter, and it kept on steaming as if nothing happened. No list, no slowdown, no nothing. Put 1 torpedo into the one behind it and same effect. Or non-effect, as it were.

Decks awash isn't quite right either. I order 7 meters depth, shoot through the UZO and try to submerge. The hatch has been locked, and I have to surface, open the hatch, go down it, and THEN submerge. It blows the whole concept of decks awash.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 08:09 PM   #290
ParaB
Chief

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
I'm cruising along at 1 knot (periscope depth), silent running.. and i can barely use the hydrophone.

I've been coming to a complete stop to hear anything.
Same here. My sonar operator just picked up two fast-moving warship contacts but there's no way I can hear them.
ParaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 08:49 PM   #291
Aaron123456
Watch

Downloads: 22
Default system crashes

hi there when i play SH5 even on the lowest res and graphic settings it still seems to crash my pc i have a 512Mb ATI HD 4600 video card i am running windows XP SP3 and all my other system requirements are matched to the games requirements and yet when i play SH5 and i start to go near a large taskforce to engage it my whole system restarts and i have to start all over again i have no clue what is goin on can any 1 help me out?
Old 03-04-10, 08:53 PM   #292
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
I think its just the lighting, as I haven't noticed any black people in my crew.
Cool, I just have to see my eye doc.
Old 03-04-10, 09:12 PM   #293
Jarhead0331
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

When I ran the game for the first time, it worked flawlessly. I have since been unable to play! The game runs and begins to load. The intro movie is played. However, when the title screen is loading, it freezes when the game is synchronizing the saves with the server. The lock up occurs and the menu never loads. The 1.1 patch log indicates this issue was fixed. I have the patch installed and am obviously still experiencing the problem.

I've tried removing my saves from my folder, but that did nothing. The problem is obviously with the save file on the uplay server which I can do nothing about. I've tried deleting and re-installing the game and I still have the problem. In searching the ubisoft forums, a few other people are having the same problem.

I'm a bit miffed.
Jarhead0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 09:43 PM   #294
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Could the devs fix the under water crew bug once and for all . Please .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 11:30 PM   #295
VonLowe
Watch

Downloads: 56

has anyone gotten the Captains emblems to show on the boat? If so how? I tried choosing one in paint scheme area but not on conning twr.
VonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 11:43 PM   #296
coasterdigi
Sailor man

Downloads: 57
Default Weird reflection behavior on gauges

This is certainly a minor thing, but a little strange nonetheless.

I was sitting at the hydrophone station doing a routine hydrophone check, and, since I still only have the GHB installed on my boat, decided to initiate a 90 degree turn to port. Upon glancing up at the compass repeater above the station, I noticed that the reflections on the glass of the dials were responding to the turn, as though the sun was shining on them through a window in the pressure hull.

When I stopped the turn, the reflections also stopped turning.

Apparently it's quite sunny at 50m.
Old 03-05-10, 12:18 AM   #297
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGS View Post

"Du vill do vat du are told or I vill cut ze at the knees"
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 03:22 AM   #298
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Lost voices again (and apparently when voice commands are lost so is the messages about commands) so what happens is you press "Hard to Port", your ship moves hard to port but you don't get ANY feedback at all that it's happened.

Makes things like Depth (which is text/voice only) impossible and you just generally have no idea what's happening with your boat. Sound and morale glitches need to be fixed.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 03:24 AM   #299
Gaz2
Bosun

Downloads: 13

Still not able to pass the "Ubisoft Update launcher" it just crashes after 10-20 seconds. I posted about 2 pages ago and was told to Reinstall it, but that made no difference.
Gaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 03:35 AM   #300
Jail
A-ganger

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz2 View Post
Still not able to pass the "Ubisoft Update launcher" it just crashes after 10-20 seconds. I posted about 2 pages ago and was told to Reinstall it, but that made no difference.
Could it be a firewall issue or an anti virus problem ?