SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-08, 05:32 PM   #1
U56
Helmsman

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0
Default Stuck Dials

I am wondering if many have come across this particular problem. Everything was ok for about 4 or 5 saves during my current career, then all the interior dials are frozen with the needles pointing straight up, 12 o'clock position. The tool bar dials continue to work and display fine, the game plays ok, but the various dials no longer move. My sonar dial, previously draggable with the mouse, no longer is. At least it works with the home and end keys.

So far exiting the game has not cleared this problem. For info I am using a Type VII. I have the following mods installed (My system is Windows XP).

TMO Overhauled 1.5B
Op Monsun V200
OMV200 Patch 4
TMO enable UBoat V4
Spaxs SH4 UBoat Speech Fix V7

Regards
U56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-08, 09:01 AM   #2
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

I can confirm this one, on my install its the Hydrophone bearing indicator that sticks. You can still see it rotate in the notepad. Its intermittant for me.

My Mod list;

EE4.6
OM V200
OM Patch 4

I have no idea what is causing this.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 03:44 AM   #3
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I saw the same thing useing the IXD. All the HUD dials worked correctly, but the 3d Control Room dials, as well as Sonar/Radar were stuck. The only thing that worked for me so far was to abandon the carreer, and start a new one. Fortunatly for me, it was only my first mission. Very frustrating to say the least!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 05:09 AM   #4
U56
Helmsman

I have a suspicion this problem may be related to a corrupt save. In my current career I finished my first patrol back in La Pallice, and the situation has now returned to normal with the dials functioning again, after loading from an autosave in order to commence a second patrol. Come to think of it, I did save some of my saves by saving on top of previous saves, and this may have triggered the problem. I will avoid this on the next patrol and see if there is any recurrence or not.

Regards
Old 05-29-08, 05:43 AM   #5
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

This thread about stuck dials reminds me about a really old SH3 bug, related to the presence of improperly cloned AI subs on the map. In brief, savging the game and reloading in the proximity of such an AI sub results in dials stuck at 12 o'clock. Details here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ht=stuck+dials

I don't know if this is the cause now, but maybe it's something similar.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 06:45 AM   #6
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

The only AI U-boats are the Milch Cow / cloned Type IX from nautilus42
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 01:02 PM   #7
nautilus42
Watch Officer

Downloads: 225

Hi mates.

All Dials on the 2b,9D2, 9b,9c,9c/40 works fine, it`s only the Dials on VIIc with Interior NSS_Uboat7 and it has nothing to do with my AI_NSS_Uboat9. I`ve test it with all listed Uboats.
nautilus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 04:08 PM   #8
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

to avoid having your career lost you should double save it.

i use a quick save as well as the regular save so if i get a corrupted save file i can go back to a clean version and not loose the whole career.

just save everything on the quick save file then after confirming it is clean and in good working order you restart the game with this quick saved game then save it to the good save file. in this way you can check your saved game before you overwrite the good career file. if you get a bad save its easy to restart the career from the regular save file only loosing your last progress before the save.

most problems i have read about are the result of saving the game while there are generated contacts on the map at the time you make the save. it is recommended to only save from a complete stop while surfaced and have no nearby AI generated contacts on the map at the time.
Old 05-29-08, 04:33 PM   #9
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus42
Hi mates.

All Dials on the 2b,9D2, 9b,9c,9c/40 works fine, it`s only the Dials on VIIc with Interior NSS_Uboat7 and it has nothing to do with my AI_NSS_Uboat9. I`ve test it with all listed Uboats.
Under what conditions was this "test" conducted. Did you use your original clone TypeXI or the TMO modified version that is in OM?
Old 05-29-08, 09:16 PM   #10
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Hi mates.

Under what conditions was this "test" conducted. Did you use your original clone TypeXI or the TMO modified version that is in OM?

If it means anything, I'm useing OM
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 07:03 AM   #11
nautilus42
Watch Officer

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Quote:
Hi mates.

I created a SingleMission in July 1943 with TMO modified NSS_Uboat9 version that is in OM. Test it with all PlayerSubs Types that is in OM_V200 and NSS_Uboat9, distant 1000 meter, same Waypoint, speed 9 ktn. All Dials works on 2b,9D2, 9b,9c,9c/40 exept on VIIc.
nautilus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 07:09 PM   #12
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi mates.

I created a SingleMission in July 1943 with TMO modified NSS_Uboat9 version that is in OM. Test it with all PlayerSubs Types that is in OM_V200 and NSS_Uboat9, distant 1000 meter, same Waypoint, speed 9 ktn. All Dials works on 2b,9D2, 9b,9c,9c/40 exept on VIIc.
Did basically the same test without recreating the problem. In my test case I just did the VII only vice all the others.

Also if you conduct the same test "without" the NSS_Uboat9 is the test mission does the dials stick in the 12 oclock position

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 05-30-08 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-02-08, 03:30 PM   #13
U56
Helmsman

dcb Thanks for the link you provided, which also lead to other linked threads about this problem.

My theory about saving on top of a previous save is squashed, as I have encountered the problem again with a fresh save, this time on a Type IXC/40 U188, out of Lorient on a Monsun career, so it's not just the VIIC.
I saved on the surface, undamaged, with no other units in contact.

While maybe a gamestopper for some, I am trying not to let this bug annoy me too much, as , at the end of the day I still have full functionality, only a certain loss of immersion with no useful information on the dials.

I enclose a copy of a reply Rubini made 21 June 2006 in connection with this problem on one of the old threads.

Hi guys,

Well, well you are suffering from an old known bug. This was adressed a more than year ago.

This problem is related to another Uboat on the campaign files than the player's uboat (AI uboat, cloned or not). In that long time ago I and Sergei just find that only a correctly cloned uboat must be used for AI uboats. So, someone here put a not well cloned or even not cloned uboat on the campaign SCR file. Just delete them (or use a AI uboat that is on the original GW/HT folders) and the bug will go away.

Hopes that could help you!

Rubini.

Regards
Old 06-02-08, 08:49 PM   #14
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by U56
dcb Thanks for the link you provided, which also lead to other linked threads about this problem.

My theory about saving on top of a previous save is squashed, as I have encountered the problem again with a fresh save, this time on a Type IXC/40 U188, out of Lorient on a Monsun career, so it's not just the VIIC.
I saved on the surface, undamaged, with no other units in contact.

While maybe a gamestopper for some, I am trying not to let this bug annoy me too much, as , at the end of the day I still have full functionality, only a certain loss of immersion with no useful information on the dials.

I enclose a copy of a reply Rubini made 21 June 2006 in connection with this problem on one of the old threads.

Hi guys,

Well, well you are suffering from an old known bug. This was adressed a more than year ago.

This problem is related to another Uboat on the campaign files than the player's uboat (AI uboat, cloned or not). In that long time ago I and Sergei just find that only a correctly cloned uboat must be used for AI uboats. So, someone here put a not well cloned or even not cloned uboat on the campaign SCR file. Just delete them (or use a AI uboat that is on the original GW/HT folders) and the bug will go away.

Hopes that could help you!

Rubini.

Regards

I have read all through those threads. My question "DID" you meet up with the "AI Uboat" that I have in the mod ?
Old 06-05-08, 08:14 PM   #15
U56
Helmsman

In the VIIC, I refuelled North of the Azores from a Milch Cow.
In the IXC/40 I refuelled from U155 in grid DS8354.

Regards