SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-16, 10:05 AM   #1
Dante80
Sailor man

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default Its been a while...a question.

Salutations from Sunny Greece...its been a while...

I remember the wonderful work that members of this community did for SH3, and after reading Clay Blairs' U-boat war recently, I wanted to get back to the Atlantic..XD

I never played SH5. I want to play it. And I want to play it modded from the get go.

3 questions.

1. Can I buy the steam version and add one of the mega mods?

2. For a newbie player not wanting to go hardcore on his first campaign, which mega mod should I get?

3. If Steam does not work for modding, what would someone say about buying the steam version, and pirating the DVD version to play the game modded?

Many thanks, and cheers..C:
Old 08-13-16, 10:29 AM   #2
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante80 View Post
Salutations from Sunny Greece...its been a while...

I remember the wonderful work that members of this community did for SH3, and after reading Clay Blairs' U-boat war recently, I wanted to get back to the Atlantic..XD

I never played SH5. I want to play it. And I want to play it modded from the get go.

3 questions.

1. Can I buy the steam version and add one of the mega mods?

2. For a newbie player not wanting to go hardcore on his first campaign, which mega mod should I get?

3. If Steam does not work for modding, what would someone say about buying the steam version, and pirating the DVD version to play the game modded?

Many thanks, and cheers..C:
for the last question we can not answer cos it's not allowed to talk about non legal version of the game

for the first 2 question.....with the steam version of the game doesn't work the tdw's generic patcher there is a way to make to work read here
all mods and mega mods work with the steam version of the game ...for a beginner i suggest to use TWoS mega mod which one can be found here

before u install mods and use tdw generic patcher click on the link in my signature and read there
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 11:32 AM   #3
Dante80
Sailor man

Downloads: 24

Many thanks for the prompt answer...will get right to it..C:
Old 08-13-16, 01:30 PM   #4
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

I'm just back after a year or so break myself.

Last I heard, people had worked to get the Steam version moddable, but it's easier with other versions, like the Amazon download.

It's a cheap game nowadays, like $10, so it's trivial to just re-buy it. Can't buy lunch at Burger King for less than that.

Wolves of Steel was a great mod a year ago, if a bit unstable, but now I hear it is much more stable, so I'm giving it a fresh install try.

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote