Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-19, 03:09 AM   #7
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

About 20 years ago I was at a friend's house late at night when he decided we should go to my house to retrieve a VHS tape I had of a comedy routine he liked. We had both had [quite] a few drinks, so his girlfriend convinced us we should walk instead of driving. (It wasn't very far.)

On the way back we were walking in the median of a divided highway when a car pulled in behind us, which was odd because we weren't near an intersection. Then came the unmistakable blue and red flashing lights.

The officer approached us and my friend immediately blurted out that he had been drinking and was under the legal age of 21. "Great", I thought. Now I'm going to be charged with "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" in addition to being "drunk in public". The officer asked for our IDs and when I tried to hand him mine, I fell over into the ditch. (Did I mention that I had QUITE a few drinks?)

The officer asked us to step into the back of his cruiser. I was sure I would be spending the night in jail. ... Nope. He took us back to my friend's house and told us to "Be safe." I think he was satisfied that we had followed the advice of my friend's girlfriend and decided not to drive.

I'm not proud of it, but I've had more than a couple run-ins with the law. But thankfully, honesty and common sense has gotten me out of many a sticky situation. (I have a few other stories which might blow your mind, too.)