SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-19, 10:20 PM   #1
Eastwa
Torpedoman

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0
Default GWX Air Attacks

Hi All.

Bean a long time player of GWX and have now started playing Living SH3 and War Ace and they are good although the load times are really slow most probably due to my old PC.

I have noticed that both these mods have far more enemy aircraft in them then GWX as I go on patrols in 1943-1944 in GWX on the surface the whole time without a single attack even across the bay of Biscay.

As mentioned my PC is a bit slow so I'd prefer to keep playing GWX but want a bit more realism in the form of air attacks

Is there a way to increase air attacks in GWX by some sort of editing ?

Cheers
Eastwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 12:03 AM   #2
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

My experience with LSH is that aircraft are mostly harmless anyway. Got caught on the surface in a Type IXD2 off the coast of West Africa by a pair of Liberators. Being overcast it was too late to pull the plug so I manned the flak guns hoping to gain some time to dive safely. Shot down one bomber after being straddled by four depth charges with no damage. Decided to fight it out and shot down the second after it missed with another four DC. Total 55-rounds of 37mm all fired under AI control for two B-24s. For some reason the twin 20mm never fired a shot.

For fun I decided to continue to fight it out on the surface so now have five Liberators to my credit and my U-199 is officially an Ace. And all of this in May 1943. And the twin twenties still never shoot anything automatically.

Try that in GWX3... But there at least all of the guns work.

By the way, since when did B-24 LRMP aircraft operate in pairs?

Very disappointed with these results and after this achievement I doubt that I will be revisiting LSH15 again any time soon.

-C
Randomizer is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 11:03 AM   #3
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...92&postcount=1
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 07:41 AM   #4
Eastwa
Torpedoman

Downloads: 124

Thanks I'll give it a try though I played vanilla SH3 the other day just for a test and there seems to be more air attacks in that than GWX (I did two patrols both June43 and ran through Biscay) and I seemed to get more activity in vanilla SH3 than GWX ?

Cheers
Eastwa is offline   Reply With Quote