SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-11, 09:42 PM   #61
General Tso
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Thanks for all of the responses.

Perijones:
The code that is giving that error is used to read the ship images from the game files. For some reason my game files must be either have 24 bit or 32 bit images and one or more of yours are different. I guess it could be caused by a mod or perhaps a different installation of the game. I'll look into making some changes and get back to you (in this thread) shortly. If I create something that's worth testing would you be interested in downloading a new GameData.py file and testing it? It would just be a matter of downloading the file and copying it to the game folder, then running the mod.

Jaka1027:
Could you please look in the error.txt file and let me know what you find. The error.txt file is located in the "ModData" folder which is located in the mod folder.

eers75:
This mod always uses a window of size 1280 x 1024 so you need to set your resolution to that level or higher. Thanks for mentioning your situation - I added a note concerning the resolution in the first post. If you are still having problems at higher resolutions please let me know. Please see below concerning your campaign problems.

Everybody:
You do not need to start a new campaign to try this mod. In fact using an existing campaign that you have been playing for a while might be better for testing since it's likey to have more ships sunk etc. Also please note that the mod only tracks your campaign up until the last time that you entered base. Your current mission will only show up the next time you enter base. The mod is set up to handle a campaign up till the very last save. Unfortunately the information for the current patrol is saved in a different format that I don't understand. Hopefully one of the modding gurus around here can enlighten me as to how that data is saved by the game so that I can change it in the future.
Old 05-06-11, 10:30 PM   #62
eers75
Seaman

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
Thanks for all of the responses.

eers75:
This mod always uses a window of size 1280 x 1024 so you need to set your resolution to that level or higher. Thanks for mentioning your situation - I added a note concerning the resolution in the first post. If you are still having problems at higher resolutions please let me know. Please see below concerning your campaign problems.
Thanks for your reply Gen Tso. I have your mod working just fine now as I just made a patrol with a warship sunk and hurried back to base to see if it would show and it was there and so far I think your mod is working for me as intended.

I am however still having problems with the screen resolution. I have my resolution set to 1440 x 900 with the next highest being 1280 x 800. It works just fine but I have to use one resolution to see the top of the screen and then use a different one for the bottom. So its not a breaker for me because I can still use it but its not all that convenient switching resolutions is all. Im not all that computer savy and I have a pretty decent pc so im not sure how to get 1280 x 1024.

Also just wanted to thank you for this mod and the work you put in to is as Im enjoying it very much. I love the record keeping if u will and statistics aspect and it has made the game even that much more enjoyable. Salute Sir!!
eers75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 10:47 PM   #63
General Tso
Machinist's Mate

I thought anybody playing SH4 would have a graphics card that could display that window size - I guess I should have put some more thought into it.

If I can come up with some way to make it work on lower resolutions I'll do that, but I can't think of anything at the moment that wouldn't cause major work.

Do you have any resolutions where the height is greater than 900?
Old 05-06-11, 10:57 PM   #64
General Tso
Machinist's Mate

To Perijones and anybody else that was having a problem loading the ship image files I just uploaded version 1.018 of the mod that should correct the blue window problem. You can get it using the link in the first post. This mod only corrects that problem so it doesn't need to be downloaded by other people.
Old 05-06-11, 11:17 PM   #65
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I have the same unfortunate "x900" resolution issue since I run the game on a laptop - but it's not actually a hugely big deal for me, because it only cuts off the very top of the screen. I'm only just missing the titles on the very top (that I can get by looking at the start of this thread). Now if you could just make it a tiiiiny bit smaller...

Superb work! It's a simple but fantastic analysis tool. Gives me a reason to go for that extra warship kill - I'd always been lax on those, and seeing the sub sinking numbers (which at the start of '44 in my career are more than the number of subs lost historically in the war) really does give you that little extra motivation to try harder to save your comrades.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)

Last edited by CCIP; 05-06-11 at 11:31 PM.
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 11:36 PM   #66
General Tso
Machinist's Mate

CCIP is your resolution 1440 x 900 (the same as eers75 posted)?

If anybody else is having resolution problems please let me know what your maximum resolution is. If I can make it fit without having to make major changes to the mod maybe I'll make an optional full screen mode that doesn't use the desktop.

Edit: I found a relatively easy way to fix this problem - I'll make the number of rows displayed in the bottom boxes dependent on the vertical screen resolution. That would leave the horizontal layout the same. Is anybody having problems with their screen not being wide enough?

Last edited by General Tso; 05-07-11 at 02:08 AM.
General Tso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 04:12 AM   #67
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
CCIP is your resolution 1440 x 900 (the same as eers75 posted)?
1600x900, actually.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 04:36 AM   #68
General Tso
Machinist's Mate

Sounds good. I added some improvements but they aren't quite ready to be released. With the new improvements the mod should work fine on any computer that can display a resolution that's 1280 pixels wide or wider. The user will also have a choice (via the options file) to have the mod windowed or full screen.

I probably won't get back to my computer today but I'll try to finish the improvements on Sunday.
Old 05-07-11, 06:10 AM   #69
Perijones
Swabbie

Downloads: 407

General Tso,

Thanks for the atention. My problem of the blue window is solved. But the problem of the resolution remains. My maximun resolution is 1280x1024. I will wait a fix for this matter. Congratulations for the great job!

Perijones
Perijones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 02:38 PM   #70
General Tso
Machinist's Mate

I just uploaded a new version of the mod (1.019), the link is in the first post like normal.

There are three new options in the options file - DisplayMode, DisplayWidth, and DisplayHeight. The default DisplayMode is active when you download the mod and should correct the resolution problems for most people. There are also options for a full screen mode and a windowed mode where you can specify the size.

If you are using a lower resolution (especially a width of 1280) then you should probably change the display to full screen.

Changing to full screen will sometimes increase the number of lines in the bottom two scroll boxes, allowing you to see more data at one time.

Also - you can now use the Esc key to exit the mod.
Old 05-08-11, 02:47 PM   #71
eers75
Seaman

Downloads: 68

Awesome, ill give another try later. Thanks again for your work.

Edit: The resize works great and now I can see all of the screen, many thanks. Working great!!

Last edited by eers75; 05-08-11 at 08:41 PM.
eers75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 10:08 AM   #72
Perijones
Swabbie

Downloads: 407

Thank you, general Tso! Now the mod is working great and without problems. Great work!

Perijones
Perijones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:26 PM   #73
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Working perfectly laptop with 1440x900 with Windows 7 64 bit.
thanks for your hard work!!!!!
Old 05-09-11, 08:27 PM   #74
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Now if I could just find some ships to sink!
Old 05-10-11, 08:11 PM   #75
General Tso
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post
Now if I could just find some ships to sink!
I know what you mean, that's my single biggest complaint about this game.