SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-30-13, 09:45 AM   #10921
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

What does this WW ii Interface look like?
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 08:05 PM   #10922
CaptJulius
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 154

This is a must have, Big thanks TDW
CaptJulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 11:05 PM   #10923
Yankee14
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

I'm a little confused about the appropriate NewUI version to use. The original post in this thread seems to say that the latest version is 7_4_2. However, I'm trying out mods for the first time, and I'm following the modlist made by user Fifi.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203711

In his thread, he says he's using:

Quote:
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n
I see this version mentioned here and offhandedly in this and other threads, but I'm having trouble finding it.
Yankee14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 12:21 AM   #10924
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith is a test . The 7_4_2 is the official latest version . I will see if I can find it . Sometimes its easier to just google ''subsim NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith'' rather than use the lame subsim search
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 02:15 AM   #10925
Yankee14
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Sometimes its easier to just google
I realized this shortly after I made that post lol. I found a few different versions (5 and 6, I think), but I just decided to install the latest stable version following Fifi's list, and it works great! Thanks for your quick response.
Yankee14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 02:27 PM   #10926
MistaX32
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 53
After years of giving up I decided to have a go at this game again. Every time I get the same problem with this mod:
-range given by stadimeter is wrong.

Curiously when running stock game (lame auto-aim) the torpedo still manages to hit the rudder of a stationary vessel 600m away (AOB=90)...Doesn't seem to take the initial straight-line and arc-trajectory of the torp into consideration very well...

Running the mod:
I noticed at first that recognising the vessel and "sending mast data to TDC" did infact NOT do this. I circumvented this issue by using included recognition guide and using THIS "send mast data to TDC" which DID infact work (as I can see this measurement on the XO dialogue).
However, using stadimeter to get ghost-image waterline of ship to highest real-image mast gives me wrong range readings. I compare it to map measurement (with map update ON for testing) and I confirm it by seeing torp solution on the tac map (which shows impact point several meters behind ship). This is not so much of a problem if all ships were stationary but will mess up the lead angle calculations on the TDC for a moving target.

I tried manually lowering the mast heights of targets. I tried on one and by using 80% of real value (real.val. * 0.8) I get range to be correct. However trying this on a different type of ship I needed to take 0.9 of real value. That's when I realized it was hopeless. Too much guess work involved which compounded by reading errors will make long-range-targets or fast-moving-targets impossible to hit. An ideal situation is already inconsistent at best (and I mean an inconsistent miss, maybe I'll score a hit).

Only by using map-updates and using the accurate data from this (ie no stadimeter, including speed estimation) can I get a hit. This feels like cheating and is just lame.

Is this related to aspect ratio? Does the stadimeter adapt to settings properly? I don't know what causes this and I'm jealous of all those who got this to work from day 1....
No manual TDC takes everything away from this game, no more challenges, just auto-aim+fire like a lame casual-player-oriented-game.

-----
EDIT:
Same result can be achieved by getting the stadimeter reading of ghost-image-water-line a bit (significant) above real-image-top-mast. Still, not accurate at all, feels like I'm using broken amateur equipment made in China, not state-of-the-art german engineered military equipment.

PS: Game on steam, fully updated and what not. Everything else working great, just not the "torp shooting part"!!!.

Last edited by MistaX32; 12-04-13 at 10:49 AM. Reason: additional note
MistaX32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 04:22 PM   #10927
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith is a test . The 7_4_2 is the official latest version . I will see if I can find it . Sometimes its easier to just google ''subsim NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith'' rather than use the lame subsim search
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee14 View Post
I realized this shortly after I made that post lol. I found a few different versions (5 and 6, I think), but I just decided to install the latest stable version following Fifi's list, and it works great! Thanks for your quick response.
Test version 12 information and download link is near end of this post. Bug with stadimeter button in scope views patch mentioned, too, which I have overlooked till today. I am using test version 12 for months now.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 09:59 PM   #10928
ricomon35
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 17
Default Outdated instructions

This mods installation has become a nightmare!

The file structure of the 7z file does not match the video instructions (which are for a very old version) the .text files in the 7.4.2 version re: options direct to locations for 7.3.0.

The English radio messages and Updated depth scales by gap have no instructions on what to DO with them.

The Updated OptionsFileEditorViewer app instructions don't match current version folder locations either.

I ask that the Op please re-do instructions so I and others can enjoy his work
ricomon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 12:03 AM   #10929
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Welcome aboard MistaX32 and Ricomon 35!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 05:14 AM   #10930
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 08:27 PM   #10931
slopoke62
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Default Use with Steam

I did a search but, reading through 700+ posts... hopefully I will be forgiven.

Does this mod work with the Steam version?
slopoke62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 11:27 PM   #10932
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Welcome aboard Slopoke62

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 12-05-13 at 11:54 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 06:27 AM   #10933
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim slopoke62

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 01:51 PM   #10934
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited by neigenoirejz; 12-08-13 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-08-13, 06:37 PM   #10935
cpt carnage
Swabbie

Downloads: 96

Hi

Recently got back into SH5 after 2 years, installed this mod and a few others and have an issue with it. I'm from Belgium and use an AZERTY keyboard, so I rebinded some keys with the "SH5 keymapper" (I have steam installation now) so I can put my movement keys on ZQSD.

The problem is every time I strafe left inside the sub or with the camera outside using the Q button a journal pops up (wich is from this mod I think) and it is very annoying. When I go in the keymapper however no "journal" is assigned to the button Q,I can only seem to reassign the default game buttons.

So my question is how do you remove mod functions from your keybinding?

thx in advance for the help

Last edited by cpt carnage; 12-12-13 at 02:36 PM.
cpt carnage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui