SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-18-12, 02:17 AM   #1
Night60700
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default GWX HELP#2

So I have been messing around with the GWX3 mod and I can't get the manual to work so I guess I'll ask my questions here.

First: For what ever reason none of the single missions work, they refuse to finish loading (gave it 18 hours.) But the career works fine and loads in about 5 minutes.
Second: What is the 3 Graphs that line up on the left side of the Navigation screen? One is Km, another is minutes. Whats the 3rd and what are they for?
Third: I wish to end my game in a 21 series sub. I have a 9B sub right now. Would it be possible to switch to a 7 series sub then move to Bergen then buy a 21 series?
Fourth: Is there a way to communicate with my allies? Can I call for help? I can report a convoy but no one ever shows up, even given 2 weeks to come and join the hunt. I also keep getting what I can only call status reports from other subs, some reporting convoys, some asking for help. Is there a way to respond to their pleas for help? And why is it that when a convoy gets reported and I see the same convoy and report it mere minutes later I get told by BDU "No one is near by, good luck" or some other crap like that? The only ally I have seen so far was a raider and when I got to her, she was burning and all I could do was sit there and watch her sink, because BDU said that no one is near by to help, only 15 km north of wilhelmshaven.
Fifth: Why can I not chose my torpedo load out at a resupply ship? It can give me more torps but I can't chose which ones? Why not?
Night60700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 02:34 AM   #2
TwoGamers
Officer

Downloads: 9
Convoy reports get you renown and theres no way i know of to respond.
The fifth question is its for ressuply not somewhere you can stay for long as otherwise they may be spotted and get reported, thus making them useless.
TwoGamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 03:32 AM   #3
HundertzehnGustav
Sea Lord

Downloads: 66

Because a resupply ship is not like a shopping mall with about 270000 articles for you to choose from.
Historically, they were not even always supposed to give you a full load of fuel ammo and torps, but only give you what you needed to get back to port.

So no... they are not like Harbors at all. They help you best they can, but their mission is not to outfit you with your favorite torpedoes.

============================

You are the only one Hunting convoys out there.
No other subs or Shups are there to come to your help.
IF there is help, then it is a patrol ship that is patrolling somewhere, or a set of planes that gets dispatched from the nearest Airbase.

That is why reporting convoys might get you glory and Luftwaffe help...
But no other sub help.

Just take your Series 9 sub to Norwegen when you transfer.
they let you keep it.
Once in Norway, you can buy a 21 if its available.
Old 11-18-12, 06:21 AM   #4
Twin Screws
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night60700 View Post
So I have been messing around with the GWX3 mod and I can't get the manual to work so I guess I'll ask my questions here.

Second: What is the 3 Graphs that line up on the left side of the Navigation screen? One is Km, another is minutes. Whats the 3rd and what are they for?
The third one is knots, if you know 2 of the values you can use the ruler tool to draw a line through those 2 & it will give you the third value, this is useful when plotting distances travelled over various times at various speeds.
Old 11-18-12, 08:49 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Fourth: Is there a way to communicate with my allies? Can I call for help? I can report a convoy but no one ever shows up,
I'll answer this one....You must be in visual contact of that which you are reporting when making the report.

The game engine will then decide if there are any air assetts within range then take into account factors such as the weather and finally throw an imaginery dice to decide if anything is sent to assist you or not.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 08:36 AM   #6
Night60700
Watch

Cool. So all but my first question has been answered.
Old 11-19-12, 02:38 PM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Cool. So all but my first question has been answered.
Have you added any third party mods?

Old 11-19-12, 03:45 PM   #8
Night60700
Watch

No, I downloaded GWX3Gold and all the files for it, as far as I know its just a mix of mods like Technic for MineCraft. But that's all.
Old 11-19-12, 05:09 PM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
No, I downloaded GWX3Gold and all the files for it, as far as I know its just a mix of mods like Technic for MineCraft. But that's all.
I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly but only SH3 mods should be added to your installation

Old 11-19-12, 05:19 PM   #10
Night60700
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly but only SH3 mods should be added to your installation
Aww yes, you missed my point. What I men't was I thought that the GWX series of mods were made up of a lot of little mods just like for Minecraft Technic is made up of many mods.

I only have GWX3Gold installed to the SH3 mod list. I installed everything the install wizard told me I needed to run the install program.
Old 11-19-12, 05:32 PM   #11
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Aww yes, you missed my point. What I men't was I thought that the GWX series of mods were made up of a lot of little mods just like for Minecraft Technic is made up of many mods.

I only have GWX3Gold installed to the SH3 mod list. I installed everything the install wizard told me I needed to run the install program.
Ah, right.

Old 11-21-12, 02:37 PM   #12
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 302

Quote:

Yes, but even GWX3 can be improved/adjusted to ones liking. It doesn't have to be the endpoint. And anything you add, can be more causes of problems if it isn't right. That's why Jimbuna asked.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-12, 02:45 PM   #13
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Put up a list of everything you've got installed and activated vi JSGME.