SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-10, 02:05 PM   #166
ghcpa9
Swabbie

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Ok here's the Virginia. Couple of things. First, at this point it is NOT campaign playable. Second, FEEDBACK! I need your feedback as to how the mod works for you. I've been having a consistent problem with CTD on exit of the game, but others have said that they haven't. Oh and there is no Readme file with this yet, this is more of a beta I guess and I haven't taken the time to write that book yet.

http://www.filefront.com/15768143/Virginia%20Ver%202.7z
Looking great so far!

Virginia link dead? She back at dry dock?
ghcpa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 07:14 PM   #167
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghcpa9 View Post
Looking great so far!

Virginia link dead? She back at dry dock?
Something like that. I did take it down a few days ago.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 10:07 PM   #168
ghcpa9
Swabbie

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Something like that. I did take it down a few days ago.

Refitting at Groton sub base, gotcha!
ghcpa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 03:47 PM   #169
TorpexXIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 197
Default Ocelot

Guys,

I know its a bit bad asking this as Ive not got the first clue of how to model these boats and make new designs. However can I please make a request.

PLEASE can someone do some just post war boats anything from say 1945-1955.

Also can some PLEASE do a model of the Ocelot, an O class D/E boat.

Id love you all forever....and ever.

(Also was that GUPPY ever finished??)
!
TorpexXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 09:43 AM   #170
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Default Starting locations and transfers

I've downloaded some interesting modern sub mods, but many appear to be restricted to the Cavite / Manilla flotilla (e.g. Skipjack mod & Foxtrot+November mod). The problem with this is that the waters around the Phillipines & the Indonesian Islands are quite shallow & would be the last place you'd put a large submarine if you had the whole of the Pacific Theatre of operations to choose from. Also, is it possible to transfer to Pearl Harbour? I haven't been able to do so.
How could I edit the mods to make Pearl a viable starting point?
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 01:18 PM   #171
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicman101 View Post
I've downloaded some interesting modern sub mods, but many appear to be restricted to the Cavite / Manilla flotilla (e.g. Skipjack mod & Foxtrot+November mod). The problem with this is that the waters around the Phillipines & the Indonesian Islands are quite shallow & would be the last place you'd put a large submarine if you had the whole of the Pacific Theatre of operations to choose from. Also, is it possible to transfer to Pearl Harbour? I haven't been able to do so.
How could I edit the mods to make Pearl a viable starting point?
That was something that always puzzled and bothered me as well. The only reason I can think of for that is less travel time to the action. To fix it you'll need to edit the CareerStart and Flotillas.upc files in the UPCData folder. Use the 688i mod as a reference as that uses Pearl as a start location.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 09-09-10, 04:08 PM   #172
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

>_>
that was me.
I hated having long transit times so I set up the careers on the 688i and the foxtrot and november mods to start from Manila.

And The GUPPY mod is VERY close to finished. I'm on vacation now so I can't finish the AO mapping needed for the tower.
thread hijack complete
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 02:41 AM   #173
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

[QUOTE=Sledgehammer427;1488973]>_>
that was me.
I hated having long transit times so I set up the careers on the 688i and the foxtrot and november mods to start from Manila.

And The GUPPY mod is VERY close to finished.
nice to hear !!! I'd like to sometimes sail in her.

is someone gonna write a modern campaign ??

I'm on vacation now
lucky you ! enjoy !

so I can't finish the AO mapping needed for the tower.

thread hijack complete

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 04:01 AM   #174
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

On board the UK's newest attack submarine HMS Astute

The BBC has been given exclusive access on board the Royal Navy's newest and largest attack submarine at the Royal Navy base on the Clyde in western Scotland.
Described as the stealthiest sub ever built in the UK, HMS Astute was commissioned last week and should come into service next year.
The Astute's commanding officer, Commander Andy Coles gave the BBC's Defence Correspondent Caroline Wyatt a look around his vessel's state of the art control room.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11172014

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 04:01 AM   #175
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Cold War Mod

Good Morning! I´ve been working on the campaign mod of mine. this is how it looks like at the moment: the german side has become Soviet. the following subs are now available : whiskey, foxtrot, golf II, november, hotel II ,juliett, echoII, victor I, Yankee, alfa, charlie I, victor III, delta III, kilo, akula. they are implemented in the soviet (former german) campaign. most of them have been completed with new hull texture, full file renaming etc. as many were still in beta stage of development.there`s now a standardized sensors file with new soviet extensibles and the torpedos are now fully compatible.the following weapons are available by now : unguided SET-65 and 53-57, guided SEAT-60, unguided Shkval, unguided SSN-5 SLBM, guided P-6 Cruise Missile. there`s a new Intro and main menu background video. the menu text has been modified. the german campaign office has been remodelled with new flag, sub model, captain`s picture etc.
German insignia has been removed from the textures and the paperwork( orders, promotions etc.) has been repainted. i am momentarily rebuilding the medals. soviet surface vessels will replace the japanese ships soon. there are new loading screens for both US and SU etc.

the american campaign has been refitted with my Guppy I class, the Nautilus, the Seawolf, the Permit. Triton will follow soon. I hope to be allowed to implement also the skipjack, LA, Ohio. there will also be new Torpedos and Rockets.

I still need additional campaign files for the Axis, as the stock campaign starts very late and is rather short.The naval bases have to be moved to soviet pacific fleet harbours.

Does anyone know how to implement the american periscopebasicpanel into the german periscope? I discovered that this one can handle the tube management far better than the german stock part. CU
Old 09-11-10, 08:12 AM   #176
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 541

wow i cant wait to try that out!

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
rein1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 01:37 PM   #177
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79

As far as tube management is concerned, I find that the German panel is fine as long as you have a keyboard shortcut to it.

The US panel can't cope with things like the ladder-track torpedoes that the Germans used later in the war. Also, the German panel has that very useful gyro angle display just above the fire button that the USN panel doesn't have.
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 04:41 PM   #178
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
Good Morning! I´ve been working on the campaign mod of mine. this is how it looks like at the moment: the german side has become Soviet. the following subs are now available : whiskey, foxtrot, golf II, november, hotel II ,juliett, echoII, victor I, Yankee, alfa, charlie I, victor III, delta III, kilo, akula. they are implemented in the soviet (former german) campaign. most of them have been completed with new hull texture, full file renaming etc. as many were still in beta stage of development.there`s now a standardized sensors file with new soviet extensibles and the torpedos are now fully compatible.the following weapons are available by now : unguided SET-65 and 53-57, guided SEAT-60, unguided Shkval, unguided SSN-5 SLBM, guided P-6 Cruise Missile. there`s a new Intro and main menu background video. the menu text has been modified. the german campaign office has been remodelled with new flag, sub model, captain`s picture etc.
German insignia has been removed from the textures and the paperwork( orders, promotions etc.) has been repainted. i am momentarily rebuilding the medals. soviet surface vessels will replace the japanese ships soon. there are new loading screens for both US and SU etc.

the american campaign has been refitted with my Guppy I class, the Nautilus, the Seawolf, the Permit. Triton will follow soon. I hope to be allowed to implement also the skipjack, LA, Ohio. there will also be new Torpedos and Rockets.

I still need additional campaign files for the Axis, as the stock campaign starts very late and is rather short.The naval bases have to be moved to soviet pacific fleet harbours.

Does anyone know how to implement the american periscopebasicpanel into the german periscope? I discovered that this one can handle the tube management far better than the german stock part. CU
Outstanding news! I'll PM you my FileFront page and you can download the Permit I've been working on to check it out for yourself. Also Skipjack and Ohio I took over some time ago, but haven't worked with as I've been too focused on the LA. Skipjack I want to do a repaint of the hull and redo the damage zones, Ohio I think just needs a mod of the damage zones as well, along with combining the files for the CT and the Hull into one file set for both boats.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 09-13-10, 02:47 AM   #179
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Torpedo Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicman101 View Post
As far as tube management is concerned, I find that the German panel is fine as long as you have a keyboard shortcut to it.

The US panel can't cope with things like the ladder-track torpedoes that the Germans used later in the war. Also, the German panel has that very useful gyro angle display just above the fire button that the USN panel doesn't have.
Thats right , but I am having trouble to implement the tube buttons. I also meant the file called periscopebasicpanel. its the panel that contains the torpedo select buttons for the us subs. its layout is far superior to the german. it is only small data in the menu.ini and yet it will show all the tubes in the right place and there is no need to add further buttons in the.ini-file, they simply show up. the german panel is quite a mess. you have to add every tube to the ini. also , it cannot separate correctly between fore and aft tubes. as the boats have got up to 14 torpedo tubes, this is quite a problem. i`ve been working on the files and it does now show up to 10 tube buttons, but this doesn`t even work with every sub AND you have to redo the work for the attack map, the uzo and the ops periscope. i`ll try one other thing i thought about and hope it`l solve the problem. otherwise, i`m running out of ideas

Last edited by jhapprich; 09-17-10 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-17-10, 12:29 AM   #180
James Cook
Seaman

Downloads: 91

cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait!!!! played all of your modern subs. they are freakin amazing!
James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modern, submarine