Closed Thread

Old 04-03-18, 10:42 PM   #4501
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Yes, it is the one titled "Counter BS with facts (2018 edition)".
Though, I wouldn't say I'm the only one playing it, but the playerbase has seen a definite decline during the past year or so which is a shame.
Yeah ok Dowly

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 04-04-18, 12:02 PM   #4502
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Mueller told Trump’s attorneys the president remains under investigation but is not currently a criminal target

Quote:
Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III informed President Trump’s attorneys last month that he is continuing to investigate the president but does not consider him a criminal target at this point, according to three people familiar with the discussions.

In private negotiations in early March about a possible presidential interview, Mueller described Trump as a subject of his investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election. Prosecutors view someone as a subject when that person has engaged in conduct that is under investigation but there is not sufficient evidence to bring charges.

The special counsel also told Trump’s lawyers that he is preparing a report about the president’s actions while in office and potential obstruction of justice, according to two people with knowledge of the conversations.
If true, this would mean Mueller's investigation on OoJ coming to an end soon.

Quote:
Peter Carr, a spokesman for the special counsel’s office, declined to comment.
This guy's got the easiest and/or most boring job.
Old 04-04-18, 03:09 PM   #4503
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

yes, latest report says Mueller is preparing a report to Congress and feels bound by the DOJ 1973 legal opinion that a sitting president cannot be indicted, so the most the anti-Trumpers can hope for at this point, is that Mueller gives them ammo they can use against Trump in 2020.

rabid commentators on CNN, MSNBC are still hoping that somehow Trump lies under oath and somehow he gets indicted for perjury, but that is really grasping at straws at this point.

The Mueller report may contain a recommandation that Trump be impeached (who knows?), but unless the report contains real evidence of criminal conduct, the GOP will ignore it.

so what strong democratic candidate will run against Trump in 2020? Kamala Harris?
Old 04-04-18, 05:23 PM   #4504
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I think we'll see a big Democratic field for the next potus election and among them will be:

Joseph Biden
Elizabeth Warren
Deval Patrick
Terry McAuliffe
Kirsten Gillibrand
Bernie Sanders

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 04-06-18, 08:00 AM   #4505
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
The Mueller report may contain a recommandation that Trump be impeached (who knows?), but unless the report contains real evidence of criminal conduct, the GOP will ignore it.
Well, yes, of course the report needs to present evidence, if it makes any allegations. That's the whole point of having an investigation, isn't it?
Old 04-06-18, 01:28 PM   #4506
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:

Depending on the out cry of this report ... it could make Trump weaker in the mid-term elections. In fact I don't think the GOP will let Trump run in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...lections,_2018

2018 United States elections
Mid-term elections
Election day November 6
Senate elections
Seats contested 33 seats of Class I

House elections
Seats contested All 435 voting seats (+ 5 of 6 non-voting seats)

The 2018 United States elections will mostly be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
These midterm elections will take place in the middle of Republican President Donald Trump's term.

All 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives and 34 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate will be contested.
39 state and territorial governorship's and numerous other state and local elections will also be contested.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 04-06-18, 02:25 PM   #4507
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Depending on the out cry of this report ... it could make
Trump weaker in the mid-term elections. In fact I don't think the GOP will let Trump run in 2020.
I agree, Trump has damaged the GOP way too much by now for them to go for re-election.
Old 04-06-18, 02:51 PM   #4508
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Remember the many reasonable expectations befor last election of why the Donald would not be nominatedf. Would not be allowed. Would retire him self. Would not become elected president. Would not be voted for.

If one thing is to be learned form all this, then it is that the last standards of reasonability and sanity have fallen and now everything, no matter how oscure or crazy, is possible.
Old 04-07-18, 09:41 AM   #4509
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Default Whaty are the bets on Pruitt being canned?

From CBS

Quote:
President Trump described Scott Pruitt, his embattled Environmental Protection Agency chief, as a "good man" on Thursday while declining to comment on recent press reports about the administrator's behavior.
"I think he's done a fantastic job," Mr. Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One during his trip back from West Virginia. "I think he's done an incredible job. He's been very courageous. It hasn't been easy, but I think he's done a fantastic job."

Based on Trump's past firings, I would imagine that Pruitt is already calling a Realtor. The only question will Trump have the guts to fire him face to face or will he, once again, hide behind tweets.
Old 04-07-18, 10:04 AM   #4510
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Depending on the out cry of this report ... it could make Trump weaker in the mid-term elections. In fact I don't think the GOP will let Trump run in 2020.

[.
We didn't let him run in 2016 but he did it anyway, and crushed everyone.
Old 04-07-18, 12:01 PM   #4511
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Based on Trump's past firings, I would imagine that Pruitt is already calling a Realtor. The only question will Trump have the guts to fire him face to face or will he, once again, hide behind tweets.
I would be rather surprised if Trump didn't fire him. Pruitt is making not only himself, but also Trump look bad, and his doing it on TV (Fox news of all places). Trump doesn't like people who make him look bad nor people who make themselves look bad and work for him.

At this time, he is of course praising Pruitt, but that means nothing.

Old 04-07-18, 12:17 PM   #4512
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Quote:
absolutely and an egomaniac, a blowhard and clearly unqualified for the job, but what does it say about American Democracy that the only choice in November 2016 was between Trump and Clinton and 63 million voters thought Trump was the better candidate.

Despite all the fire and fury from the left over Trump, his administration has been very typically conservative, most of the day to day policies have been very much in line with what previous republican administrations have done.
I would disagree here. A counter example: Reagan (Administration). You just need to read 'The Reagan Diaries'....history repeats itself in some ways and for instance he had immigration issues with Haiti and Cuba. But he always considered those people too and reflected that the US for instance should help Haiti in the economics sector so that more people would find a job there, thus would not try to come to the US illegaly. For him those people were not just nasty 'numbers'.

Reagan and so his administration cared about people, also if they were not US Citizen. Reagan was a great negotiator (domestic and international) and made meanigful compromises; also he and his politics were self-reflecting and not in super-love with himself all the time.
He was proud of his cabinet/team and made (from a conservative standpoint) reasonable and long-term politics.

I do not comment on Trump here....I guess it is simply not necessary.
Old 04-07-18, 12:20 PM   #4513
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
We didn't let him run in 2016 but he did it anyway, and crushed everyone.
Mrs Santa Claus aka Hillary Clinton helped him win that one

Mike Pence will accept the GOP nomination to run for POTUS and win .... too many hiddy things in Trumps closet
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 04-07-18, 12:52 PM   #4514
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Mrs Santa Claus aka Hillary Clinton helped him win that one [..]
I still do not understand that one.
Ok i get it a lot of people do not like her. Arrogant, striving for power, lying maybe. Corrupt. Incompetent. Unsympathetical alright.
Good that Trump is so different.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-07-18, 12:57 PM   #4515
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I still do not understand that one.
Ok i get it a lot of people do not like her. Arrogant, striving for power, lying maybe. Corrupt. Incompetent. Unsympathetical alright.
Good that Trump is so different.
But her emails...
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter