SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-30-08, 05:48 AM   #1
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6
Default Hyperacoustic sound mod question

Does anyone succeeded in installing this mod?

I tried for a number of times and I got corrupted sound in each attempt.

The mod introduces unique sound signature for the Kilo, Seawolf, Los Angeles, Improved Los Angeles, Akula I improved and Akula II both in 3D view and in broadband. Besides that the mod reduces the background broadband noise in order to increase the volume of the sound effects which was reduced by Sonalyst official patch.
Old 10-30-08, 08:31 AM   #2
bishop
A-ganger

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout
Does anyone succeeded in installing this mod?

I tried for a number of times and I got corrupted sound in each attempt.
I used it to replace the bb sound file with no problems. Haven't tried it replacing the other ones yet.
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 09:04 AM   #3
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

I finally succeeded to get it working.

First I used the newer version of SCsoundEdit.
Two I add the new sound files first. I didn't replace the FX_xxxx file.
Three I made a backup of the successful modded sfx.agg file and only then try to replace the background noise which seems to be the source of all corruption. And I finally did it without glitch.

The mod is terrific. Now I could hear unique sound signature for Kilo, Kilo improved, Akula I improved, Akula II, Los Angeles, Improved Los Angeles, and Seawolf as well as seismic and small boat(trawler I think) when they are close and travelling at relatively high speed. Gave me a spook on hearing those different submarine sounds.

Imo it's possible to use this mod in DW. Using SoundEdit and DWEdit(object.eod database edit)
Old 12-15-08, 11:53 AM   #4
CapitanPiluso
Forum Captain

Downloads: 22

@Castout:
Is there any fool-proof way to activate this mod in DW??
Thx in advance.

My DW pics :https://goo.gl/photos/5gBN7WFntLBSAsc17

My SSM2007 pics :https://goo.gl/photos/1Fa6GaEom28AZuc57

Last edited by CapitanPiluso; 12-15-08 at 12:04 PM.
CapitanPiluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 11:31 AM   #5
Robsoie
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0

Hello,

I never noticed the existence of this mod, but if it allows to get a better sonar experience like i had with 688i Hunter Killer, i am very excited.

However, what excited me the most :
Quote:
Besides that the mod reduces the background broadband noise in order to increase the volume of the sound effects which was reduced by Sonalyst official patch.
But in the readme i have :
Quote:
- The sound volume heard in sonar station was reduced considerably by Sonalysts in the last 2 patches and as such it can be very difficult to appreciate the sounds in broadband. I have fixed this by modifying the "water rush" sound heard in BB, by lowering its volume. However, this fix IS NOT included in this pack since it requires a much more complicated installation then just adding sounds to the .agg file. The fix will be available in the next release.
Hmm, seems like i have an ancient version of the mod if the water rush sound continue to be stronger than the current ship sonar sound unlike what it was in 688HK (as i play during the nights, to not wake up anyone in my house sudenly, i am forced to play Sub Command with sound lowered already, making it so that the high level water rush cover too much the ships ones in sonar).
Anyone can point me to the new version that lower the water rush sound ?

Or if such version never existed, what do i need to do to lower the water rush sound myself, i can lower sound level with the good old goldwave, but i have strictly no idea what to look for, especially as the readme says that " it requires a much more complicated installation then just adding sounds to the .agg file" .
Robsoie is offline   Reply With Quote