SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-09-15, 11:56 AM   #1
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0

Not 100% sure im doing this correctly lads..

I downloaded the main file and the skin packs, and extracted them to the mods directory in SHIII. Then I simply used JSGME to activate the mod so that the files Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2 and MFM_v3_Skin_Packs moved to the right side.. is that correct?

I noticed 10 or so directories were created in my main SHIII directory which are MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 and MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19390901 as well as other with varying numbers. Do i have to do something with these directories individually or have i installed it correctly?

I tried starting a new career in Sept 1939 and i came across a couple of merchants. They appear to have new skins however i noticed most targets appear to be stationary

Have i dont something wrong? I tried searching for the problem but havent come up with anything..

Thanks for any help
kvbrock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 01:18 PM   #2
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvbrock82 View Post
Not 100% sure im doing this correctly lads..

I downloaded the main file and the skin packs, and extracted them to the mods directory in SHIII. Then I simply used JSGME to activate the mod so that the files Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2 and MFM_v3_Skin_Packs moved to the right side.. is that correct?

I noticed 10 or so directories were created in my main SHIII directory which are MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 and MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19390901 as well as other with varying numbers. Do i have to do something with these directories individually or have i installed it correctly?

I tried starting a new career in Sept 1939 and i came across a couple of merchants. They appear to have new skins however i noticed most targets appear to be stationary

Have i dont something wrong? I tried searching for the problem but havent come up with anything..

Thanks for any help
In order to install properly with JSGME, any mod folder must have the following structure:

<mod name>\Data\....

If you open a folder with Explorer, and it does not contain a folder named Data, then it is not a mod ready to be installed with JSGME.

Merchant Fleet Mod v3.2 contains a folder named Data on the next level down (Open Merchant Fleet Mod v3.2 with Explorer and you will see the Data folder.) MFM 3.2 installs just fine with JSGME. Since you have already activated it, leave it alone.

MFM_v3_Skin_Packs, as the name implies, is NOT a single mod, but a bunch of skin pack mods, each for a different time period and owners. Open MFM_v3_Skin_Packs in Explorer, and you will see a bunch of other folders - MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 and MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19390901 are just 2 of them. And you won't see a folder named Data. So you know that MFM_v3_Skin_Packs is not a mod at all.

Now open MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940. The only item in the folder MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 is another folder named Data. So you know that MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 is a mod ready to be installed with JSGME.

If you check the other folders in MFM_v3_Skin_packs, you will see that each one is a JSGME-ready mod. Each must be installed separately. And, of course, it is up to you to install them at the appropriate in-game time. You don't want to install MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 when the game time is 1939! Nothing bad will happen, but the effect of the ships changing with time will be lost. Only the last skins you activate will be displayed.

Fortunately, JSGME makes it easy to correct the situation. First, deactivate MFM_v3_Skin_packs using JSGME. Now delete that folder from the left-hand JSGME panel. Go to your Downloads folder and unzip MFM_v3_Skin_packs to your desktop. (You did keep the zipped download file, didn't you?) Open MFM_v3_Skin_packs in Explorer. Drag each of the folders in MFM_v3_Skin_packs to the left pane of JSGME. Now activate the skins packs you want to use. This will give you what you want.

Enjoy!
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 02:01 PM   #3
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
In order to install properly with JSGME, any mod folder must have the following structure:

<mod name>\Data\....

If you open a folder with Explorer, and it does not contain a folder named Data, then it is not a mod ready to be installed with JSGME.

Merchant Fleet Mod v3.2 contains a folder named Data on the next level down (Open Merchant Fleet Mod v3.2 with Explorer and you will see the Data folder.) MFM 3.2 installs just fine with JSGME. Since you have already activated it, leave it alone.

MFM_v3_Skin_Packs, as the name implies, is NOT a single mod, but a bunch of skin pack mods, each for a different time period and owners. Open MFM_v3_Skin_Packs in Explorer, and you will see a bunch of other folders - MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 and MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19390901 are just 2 of them. And you won't see a folder named Data. So you know that MFM_v3_Skin_Packs is not a mod at all.

Now open MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940. The only item in the folder MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 is another folder named Data. So you know that MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 is a mod ready to be installed with JSGME.

If you check the other folders in MFM_v3_Skin_packs, you will see that each one is a JSGME-ready mod. Each must be installed separately. And, of course, it is up to you to install them at the appropriate in-game time. You don't want to install MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940 when the game time is 1939! Nothing bad will happen, but the effect of the ships changing with time will be lost. Only the last skins you activate will be displayed.

Fortunately, JSGME makes it easy to correct the situation. First, deactivate MFM_v3_Skin_packs using JSGME. Now delete that folder from the left-hand JSGME panel. Go to your Downloads folder and unzip MFM_v3_Skin_packs to your desktop. (You did keep the zipped download file, didn't you?) Open MFM_v3_Skin_packs in Explorer. Drag each of the folders in MFM_v3_Skin_packs to the left pane of JSGME. Now activate the skins packs you want to use. This will give you what you want.

Enjoy!
Thank you for the detailed reply!

Do you think the problem with the stationary ships could be related or is it normal to have some stationary ships off the scottish coast in sept 1939?
Old 03-09-15, 03:16 PM   #4
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Thank you for the detailed reply!

Do you think the problem with the stationary ships could be related or is it normal to have some stationary ships off the scottish coast in sept 1939?
Can't say as I've ever seen that.
Old 03-13-15, 06:11 PM   #5
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Could you recommend a recognition manual mod that will fit this? I downloaded the rick final version one and im not sure if contains all the ships required?
Old 03-13-15, 06:32 PM   #6
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Could you recommend a recognition manual mod that will fit this? I downloaded the rick final version one and im not sure if contains all the ships required?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1201

It may not have absolutely all of the MFM ships, but it certainly covers most of them.
Old 03-13-15, 07:19 PM   #7
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Cheers buddy