SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-12, 06:58 PM   #16
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I hate to ask, but could you, please, pop over to http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...17#post1951017 and see what, if any, problems I might have when incorporating this mod based upon problems I'm already experiencing?

Apologizing, and thanking, in advance,

Albrecht von Hesse
Old 10-21-12, 10:22 PM   #17
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
I hate to ask, but could you, please, pop over to http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...17#post1951017 and see what, if any, problems I might have when incorporating this mod based upon problems I'm already experiencing?
I responded over in the other thread. Hopefully, the little bit of advice I could put over there helps.

Good luck.
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-12, 09:45 PM   #18
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm definetely interested! But until I've got my soup up, running and stable I'm afraid to try integrating this is as of right now. I do have one quick question: I'm running h.sie's hardcode fix, and I'll soon be adding (again, once everything else is up, running and stable) Steibler's hardcode fix. Are you aware of any problems if I fully add everything of "Just Follow Orders!" after I've activated those hardcode fixes?
Old 10-23-12, 10:02 PM   #19
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Are you aware of any problems if I fully add everything of "Just Follow Orders!" after I've activated those hardcode fixes?
There will be no problems. Not only does the mod not interfere with any other mods, but I use all of those mods, too.
Old 10-24-12, 12:45 PM   #20
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3208
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I'm definetely interested! But until I've got my soup up, running and stable I'm afraid to try integrating this is as of right now. I do have one quick question: I'm running h.sie's hardcode fix, and I'll soon be adding (again, once everything else is up, running and stable) Steibler's hardcode fix. Are you aware of any problems if I fully add everything of "Just Follow Orders!" after I've activated those hardcode fixes?
I have JFO with Hsie and Stiebler mods, and no problem.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12, 01:59 AM   #21
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT MOD!

One reason people like me always return to SH3 is the fact the great mods like these still keep appearing. After I finish playing Fallout New Vegas I'll be sure to return to the game and try this mod.
Old 11-04-12, 04:57 AM   #22
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 193

To many thanks rudewarrior for her excellent work.
I have it in my LSH installation and it runs very well.
But because I German Jung, work I on a translation.
Are you interested in a publication of a German version?
I would work with pleasure with them.

Regards.
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 09:42 PM   #23
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT MOD!
You're welcome!
And thank you for the templates that I used for the orders. They made my life a lot easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
Are you interested in a publication of a German version?
I think that coming up with a German version would be a good project. What would have to be translated would be:
  1. Each of the entries for the orders.
  2. The notes that supplement the mod.
  3. Everything written on the templates.
  4. The radio messages.
  5. The readme.
I actually took German for 4 years, way long ago in high school. I don't remember it enough to say whether or not it will be easy to translate. There may be an obstacle due to the terrible English I have used to make the mod. The sequence of translation is that I have taken an English translation of German and condensed it down to poorly written almost pidgin English to make it fit into the mod. So now that needs to be translated back into German, which means that it could wind up looking very ugly in its final form. Hopefully, it would be something that looks reasonable in the end.
Old 11-06-12, 03:10 PM   #24
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Zitat von rudewarrior
I actually took German for 4 years, way long ago in high school. I don't remember it enough to say whether or not it will be easy to translate. There may be an obstacle due to the terrible English I have used to make the mod.
Thus it goes for me with English.

1. Each of the entries for the orders. Still Open
  2. The notes that supplement the mod. In work
  3. Everything written on the templates. Completely
  4. The radio messages. In work
  5. The readme. Still Open
Your source is: www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm?
I translate it from there and from her Mod to understand the sense, because there is no German Orginal.
I do not work only, a couple of friends helping me.
It is still a little bit of work, if done, it was I send to you.

For the chart I would use another font, in order to be able to read it better. Is this OK?

Regards.
Old 11-06-12, 03:29 PM   #25
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
Thus it goes for me with English.

1. Each of the entries for the orders. Still Open
  2. The notes that supplement the mod. In work
  3. Everything written on the templates. Completely
  4. The radio messages. In work
  5. The readme. Still Open
Your source is: www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm?
I translate it from there and from her Mod to understand the sense, because there is no German Orginal.
I do not work only, a couple of friends helping me.
It is still a little bit of work, if done, it was I send to you.

For the chart I would use another font, in order to be able to read it better. Is this OK?

Regards.
Ok, cool. If you get it all done, I should be able to easily make it into a German version. For the charts I can use a different font. I can't tell from what you are saying if you are just trying to translate the text on the templates, or edit it directly on the template itself. If you can just translate the text, I will put it on the template, so you don't have to worry about editing the actual drawing.

If you are only doing the translation, then carry on.
Old 11-06-12, 05:16 PM   #26
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

With this german version you make a really great job La Vache qui rit!

Gruss Sepp
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-12, 05:16 AM   #27
La vache
Electrician's Mate

greeting rudewarrior

I have them sent to my Templates. Please check and say your opinion.

I have problems with the translation.

27 Jul 40: Ops in North Sea effectively end until the end of 1944. Any orders to patrol zones inside the North Sea area are to be ignored and/or reissued.

I found this entry does not and also not the sense.
But this entry.

17 Aug 40: The Fuehrer's orders, containing permission for unrestricted action against all vessels in the sea area around England, were passed to the boats.
17. August 40: Befehl des Führers, Erlaubnis für uneingeschränkte Waffeneinsatz gegen alle Schiffe im Seegebiet um England.

Says this is the same?

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-10-12, 03:09 PM   #28
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

The date files for SH3 Commander do not seem to be loading the correct order template files based on the current date of my patrol.

For example, I have started a patrol on 25 Aug 39, and the prize rules orders template loaded is for 1 Aug 39. This is correct. However, I have quit the game such that the current patrol date is 5 Sep 39. These means it should load the orders from the prize rules for 4 Sep 39. Is this the way SH3 Commander is actually supposed to work? I thought it could read the current date of the mission you were actually in, at least it says that in the manual. I've searched the forums and I can't find anything. Is it working properly for people using the mod? I thought I tested this before I released it. Is my mind playing tricks on me? What's going on here?
Old 11-10-12, 06:41 PM   #29
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Hello rudewarrior

I briefly tested, all ok.

Why

regards La vache
Old 11-13-12, 05:57 AM   #30
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewarrior View Post
The date files for SH3 Commander do not seem to be loading the correct order template files based on the current date of my patrol.

For example, I have started a patrol on 25 Aug 39, and the prize rules orders template loaded is for 1 Aug 39. This is correct. However, I have quit the game such that the current patrol date is 5 Sep 39. These means it should load the orders from the prize rules for 4 Sep 39. Is this the way SH3 Commander is actually supposed to work? I thought it could read the current date of the mission you were actually in, at least it says that in the manual. I've searched the forums and I can't find anything. Is it working properly for people using the mod? I thought I tested this before I released it. Is my mind playing tricks on me? What's going on here?
SH3 Commander doesn't read the current date of the mission in-game, it only loads the date files when you first run SH3. If you want it to update the correct files you'll need to quit SH3 and load again.

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote