SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-09, 09:00 AM   #1
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torp III
"The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition"

Whoa! Now that is a mouthful to chew on!
Or just simply "ComSupDelThalCommSpecUltEd" for short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torp III
New cool desktop icon also
Yeah, I wanted something different. It'd been a while.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 09:05 AM   #2
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Some pics of the Captain's Log, with the new details:

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 09:59 AM   #3
JScones
Navy Seal

Nice. Also good to see some of your new ships with names in there too.

I'll mention too that players can choose to have the Cargo, Crew and Crew lost information displayed on a new line rather than on the same line (the default) if they wish. To do this, simply open "\SH3 Commander\Cfg\Ship names.cfg" and set the AddAsNewLine setting under the TEXT block to 1. The result will then look like:

Ship sunk! MV Neptune (Small Coal Tender), 314 tons
Cargo: Foodstuffs. Crew: 15. Crew lost: 6.

Ship sunk! SS Ocean Venture (Medium Merchant 13), 3473 tons
Cargo: Coal. Crew: 41. Crew lost: 36.

Alternatively, if you want the ship names but not the extra details, simply set the AddText setting under the SETTINGS block to 0.

The choice is yours.
Old 01-24-09, 10:07 AM   #4
-SWCowboy.
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Right on, thanks for your work JScones! It's appreciated!
Old 01-24-09, 10:18 AM   #5
Larry U-136
Gunner

Downloads: 438

Nice work!! Great Mod JScones! Thanks
Old 01-24-09, 10:47 AM   #6
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

The best just keeps getting better! Thank you JScones.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 12:56 PM   #7
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

BTW, did you know that SH3Cmdr comprises over 7.000 code lines???

Thank you JScones.

tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 01:40 AM   #8
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon
BTW, did you know that SH3Cmdr comprises over 7.000 code lines???
OMG tell me about it, LOL! :rotfl:My point with that "tip" was simply to highlight that behind the scenes a lot--a real lot--goes on. Call it self-indulgent or whatever to make a point of it, but the seemingly pretty interface does hide a lot of grunt work.
Old 01-25-09, 07:23 AM   #9
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
...but the seemingly pretty interface does hide a lot of grunt work.
No doubt about that.
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 06:18 AM   #10
itman
Seaman

Downloads: 144
Default Roll-back glitch

first off: the most useful companion to SHIII.

Having installed the latest and brightest ComSupDelThalCommSpecUltEd. Followed closely the instructions given in the readme. On my XP-Box only superuser is allowed to install programs, so I've given read/write permission to the every-day-user too. Otherwise ComSupDelThalCommSpecUltEd won't let me modify SH3Cmdr.ini. Everything works fine except "roll-back" isn't automatically. I've checked the "automatically Roll-back"-check-box. But when quiting the game, roll-back does not happen. I have to push the roll-back-button.

In SH3Cmdr.ini the function "AutoRollback" is set to 1.

Did I miss something?

cheers

itman
itman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 06:49 AM   #11
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman
Thank you.
Quote:
Having installed the latest and brightest ComSupDelThalCommSpecUltEd. Followed closely the instructions given in the readme. On my XP-Box only superuser is allowed to install programs, so I've given read/write permission to the every-day-user too. Otherwise ComSupDelThalCommSpecUltEd won't let me modify SH3Cmdr.ini. Everything works fine except "roll-back" isn't automatically. I've checked the "automatically Roll-back"-check-box. But when quiting the game, roll-back does not happen. I have to push the roll-back-button.

Did I miss something?
Because you mention specific permissions that are set on your computer, the first thing you need to ensure is that you are logged in under your Computer administrator account (check under Control Panel|User Accounts). This is the default superuser account. If you are, then your problem may be related to how your system's permissions are set up. Not sure that I can help too much there without knowing how it is set up.

Otherwise, ordinarily this problem may occur if:
  • you are running an auto shut down application like FSAutoStart or similar to close background processes before SH3 loads.
  • you are running a firewall or virus scanner while SH3 is running. Some can be over zealous and may block SH3Cmdr from doing its job.
If so, then turn all such applications off and test again. If auto rollback then works, turn each application back on and retest, until you find the one that is conflicting. Once you find it, you can check its settings and tweak as necessary.

Last edited by JScones; 02-27-09 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-27-09, 08:11 AM   #12
itman
Seaman

Downloads: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Quote:
Thank you.
Quote:

Did I miss something?
Because you mention specific permissions that are set on your computer, the first thing you need to ensure is that you are logged in under your Computer administrator account (check under Control Panel|User Accounts). This is the default superuser account. If you are, then your problem may be related to how your system's permissions are set up. Not sure that I can help too much there without knowing how it is set up.

Otherwise, ordinarily this problem may occur if:
  • you are running an auto shut down application like FSAutoStart or similar to close background processes before SH3 loads.
  • you are running a firewall or virus scanner while SH3 is running. Some can be over zealous and may block SH3Cmdr from doing its job.
If so, then turn all such applications off and test again. If auto rollback then works, turn each application back on and retest, until you find the one that is conflicting. Once you find it, you can check its settings and tweak as necessary.
You pointed me in the right direction. Just had to add my user-account to the "main-user-group" (Hauptbenutzer) and everything works like a charm. Allbeit it states that my account has now "some striped down admin-rights" .

And yes, I had to shut down Comodo-Internet-Security to free up more RAM. As I perfomed a test-run, comodo still running, it kicks in about SH3cmdr.exe is about to run SH3.exe...

So thank you very much and have a nice day.

cheers

itman
itman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 01:33 PM   #13
BellJack95
Bosun

Downloads: 149
Default Thank You for coming out of retirement!

JScones - thank you!

Also, my my thanks to those who extorted or blackmailed JScones into coming back to craft this update for SH3 commander.

I am coming back to SH3 after some time on shoreleave, and installed the GWX3.0 GOLD and found this most excellent update for SH3 Commander called....

"SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition"

I had to look up "Thallium" on the Internet and did not realize it was toxic! I guess that is the stuff in this release that greatly enhances the playing experience of SH3 commander. Being a cautious person, I make sure that I practice "safe sub" techniquies when playing to avoid premature exposure to thallium! My thanks JScones!
BellJack95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 05:27 PM   #14
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellJack95
Also, my my thanks to those who extorted or blackmailed JScones into coming back to craft this update for SH3 commander.
You're welcome. Actually it wasn't extortion or blackmail, it was more like "Um, I had this idea..." and he said "I like that! I have to do something about it!"

Such is the nature of creativity. You just can't leave well enough alone.

Thank goodness.
Old 03-17-09, 02:23 AM   #15
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellJack95
I had to look up "Thallium" on the Internet and did not realize it was toxic! I guess that is the stuff in this release that greatly enhances the playing experience of SH3 commander. Being a cautious person, I make sure that I practice "safe sub" techniquies when playing to avoid premature exposure to thallium! My thanks JScones!
:rotfl:

Tags
sh3 commander