SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-16, 09:35 AM   #1
Kelly621
Officer

Downloads: 336
Uploads: 0
Default Round Three

Been away from SH3 for a little over a year now. Had to spend some quality time with the wife, deal with a minor heart attack ( not related to quality time with wife) and rolling my truck over three times after being hit. Walked away without a scratch...same can not be said of truck.

Cruising the forums I see there has been a few new toys added for SH3...such as the new frontend tool and LSH mod really looks interesting. Now I get to start all over figuring how to put SH3 back together again. May be back with a few questions....or I might get lucky and get it all right the first time around.

Now back to reading the forum......Neal, will make a donation soon.

Kelly621
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-16, 10:34 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Kelly621!JEEZE! You only left out the late hurricane in N.C.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by K621
Quality time....deal with a minor heart attack ( not related to quality time with wife)
They don't call it a 'petite mort' fer nuthin BBY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-16, 03:45 PM   #3
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly621 View Post
Been away from SH3 for a little over a year now. Had to spend some quality time with the wife, deal with a minor heart attack ( not related to quality time with wife) and rolling my truck over three times after being hit. Walked away without a scratch...same can not be said of truck.

Cruising the forums I see there has been a few new toys added for SH3...such as the new frontend tool and LSH mod really looks interesting.
Welcome back Herr Kaleun !

Old 10-23-16, 10:55 PM   #4
Kelly621
Officer

Thanks,
Using the new front-end program for SH3 simplified and speeded up my installs of GWX, NYGM and LSH. Just have to figure out (again) getting SH 3 Commander up and run for my multiple copies of SH3. Looking forward to a maiden cruise tomorrow

Actually did not get hit hard by the hurricane....live far enough inland and missed the winds and flooding.

Kelly621
Old 10-24-16, 03:58 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Kelly621
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-16, 04:09 AM   #6
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 240

Oh man, thinking about doing the same too...

That new supermod sure does look interesting - looks like ill be sailing the atlantic again pretty soon
kvbrock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-16, 11:27 AM   #7
Kelly621
Officer

kvbrock82,
If you do get back to installing SH3 plus a few of the super mods do give (S3F) SH3 Front-End a try....really made adding multiple installs of SH3 and configuring them much easier. LSH is an impressive mode, but requires a PC with some horse power to run well. I barely meet the system requirements so I am not getting the best performance....guess it is time for a new PC

All I have to do now is convince the wife that I really need to drop a thousand bucks for a new laptop so I can really enjoy LSH.....this is going to cost me

Kelly621
Old 10-24-16, 04:16 PM   #8
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly621 View Post
kvbrock82,
If you do get back to installing SH3 plus a few of the super mods do give (S3F) SH3 Front-End a try....really made adding multiple installs of SH3 and configuring them much easier. LSH is an impressive mode, but requires a PC with some horse power to run well. I barely meet the system requirements so I am not getting the best performance....guess it is time for a new PC

All I have to do now is convince the wife that I really need to drop a thousand bucks for a new laptop so I can really enjoy LSH.....this is going to cost me

Kelly621
Thanks for the heads up... a new pic is also on the cards for me, so might actually wait the couple of months until I cross that bridge. Thinking about going with a standard gwx install again, unless you can recommend something else?
kvbrock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 04:22 AM   #9
Kelly621
Officer

Default GWX and NYGM

kvbrock82
GWX is an old favorite of mine as is NYGM...might give it a try as well. I have both installed on my hard drive.
I find it interesting that with all the super mods, the ton of add on single mods and programs like SH3 Commander that everyone's experience of SH3 can be a bit different. Guess that is why I keep coming back to SH3.

Kelly621
Old 10-25-16, 04:43 PM   #10
VikingGrandad
Torpedoman

Downloads: 90
Icon14

Welcome back, Herr Kaleun(s)!!

Glad you made it back safely!