SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-18, 11:30 AM   #1
grandpa55
Swabbie

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo tube damage. Sonar problems. Ship contacts.

Hello shipmates.

I’m relatively new to playing Silent Hunter 4, and just completed my second patrol using the RFB mod. I love this game, but I have a few issues and questions that I hope you guys can shed light on:

1st issue:

I cut short my second patrol. Although I had 4 torpedoes left when I attempted to fire at a target at 1200 meters, I was informed I couldn’t because there was too much damage to the torpedo tubes.

I took no damage during this patrol. There was no damage noted on the ship status page so nothing to fix. After returning to port there was still nothing to repair on the status page.

I’m back out on my third patrol now and haven’t had a chance to fire torpedoes. Hopefully the issue fixed itself.

2nd issue:

I ask the sonar operator to make standard sweeps and report contacts. He always replies “no contacts to report”, but when I manually sweep I pick up strong contacts on soar. The S.O. still says no contacts to report???? What’s up with this? I don’t feel I can trust the S.O. to help me out in this game.

Question:

Does anyone know if ship contacts are random or are they coded to follow limited number of tracks? In my limited experience I have gotten several contacts in a small area that appear to be following the exact same track, and virtually none when patrolling other areas (even for many days at a time).

I realize there are choke points that naturally funnel ships through narrow passages resulting in more contacts. Just curious because it will certainly change the way I play the game, the way I patrol.

Any assistance and information will be appreciated

Rick
Grandpa55
grandpa55 is offline   Reply With Quote