SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-17, 05:57 AM   #1
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0
Default No Snorkel Wake for VIIC plain SH3, is there a mod fix out there for Snorkel Wake?

Playing SH3 with no Major Mod and would like to be able to have a snorkel wake is there a separate mod out there to add a snorkel wake to the VIIC at least would be nice?

Thank You!

Londog
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-17, 06:53 AM   #2
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Look here,post 21 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=158243&page=2
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-17, 06:17 AM   #3
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Thank You for reply but my question was about WAKE not SMOKE. Does Vanilla SH3 (I have no major mods installed) suppose to have a normal wake behind the snorkel like the periscope has? For some reason i show no wake behind the snorkel, but I do have a wake behind the periscope, is this normal for stock SH3 game? At this point I would love to have a wake behind my snorkel like my periscope, any ideas how i can get a snorkel wake. I am not talking about smoke. Thank You!

Lonny
Old 05-06-17, 10:11 AM   #4
Harm
Seaman

Downloads: 38

Look here, http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104372

Maybe it works with the snorkel.

You can download the mod on ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Public/S...ODS/NVDRIFTER/
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 04:06 AM   #5
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Thank You for Link. PLEASE PLEASE the 1 question i have does Silent Hunter 3 vanilla no mods, Does everyone see a snorkel wake behind snorkel when raised? Or did i screw up something in my game files because i dont think i have ever seen a tiny wake or anything behind my snorkel, the periscope does leave a wake.

At this point i just want to know if this was a bug in SH3 and that there was no snorkel wake or do people see a snorkel wake in there no modded silent hunter 3.

Thank You.
Old 05-07-17, 04:51 AM   #6
Harm
Seaman

I don't know, if it's a bug. I never played Stock SH3.

You can test to activate the mod with JSGME. There is no risk. If it works, fine. If not, you deactivate the mod simply again in JSGME.
Old 05-08-17, 03:21 PM   #7
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Looks like the mod is for GWX. Do you have a snorkel wake behind your snorkel in the VII sub? Thank you for your replies!

Lonny
Old 05-08-17, 03:47 PM   #8
Harm
Seaman

Yes, he is for GWX.
Delete the sea folder, in the objects folder the TowerUS files, in the submarine folder the folders BARR_, NSS_Balao, NSS_Gato, NSS_SclassUS and NSS_SclassUS_sm. Then he should also work with the stock version.
Since I use the exterior camera only for screenshots, I can not say whether any of the Supermods has a snorkel wake.
Old 05-11-17, 06:12 AM   #9
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Hi Harm thanks for the info, been dealing with some heart health issues sucks getting old.

Could you put that download link up again, i missed it somehow, sorry about that.

Thanks so much for your help. I am wondering if stock Sh3 had a snorkel wake or not, i guess i can install on another computer to find out.

Londog
Old 05-12-17, 06:27 AM   #10
Harm
Seaman

Hi Lonny,

You do not need to install SH3 on another computer. You can make as many copies of your installation on the same computer as you want.

1. Create a new folder. For example: SH3Test. In this folder you copy the contents of your SH3 installation. Then you download MultiSH3 from http://www.lsh3.com/dl/tools/SH3-MultiSH3.zip

2. You extract the archive in SH3Test and start there the MultiSH3.exe.
As new savefolder you enter for example SHT and save.

3. You download the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler from ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Public/S...JONES/JSGME.7z, unpack the archive and copy into the SH3Test folder. user:Maik password: Woelfe

4. In SH3Test you have now a folder named MODS. Copy the modified version of the Longer Wake Mod into the MODS folder. Then start JSGME, if you do alright you will find the Longer Wake Mod under Available Mods on the left side. Select the mod and click the enable selected mod button. If the mod is activated, it will appear on the right side under Activated Mods.
Close JSGME.

5.Start the sh3.exe in SH3Test. Check if the snorkel has a wake. If not, you can deactivate the mod in JSGME and you have your normal stockversion back.

Here again the link for the Longer Wakes MOD ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Public/S....0_for_GWX.zip
user:Maik password: Woelfe
Old 05-13-17, 12:27 AM   #11
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Hello Harm, thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this problem. I am leaving for Mothers Day weekend and will have to wait until next week to experiment. Thank You so much Harm!

Lonny