SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-12, 10:06 AM   #901
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
nice progress, tdw!!! so, let me know: when do we have the new boats? seems, as if we are not far from it...am i right? did you try to clone a vii boat 1:1 and add it to the game with a different type-name?

I'm slowly making my way to cloning/adding new meshes. Code wise the core components to do it are there (allocater/deallocater, pointers adjuster) but it takes many items to make a mesh in a GR2 file (primary topology, vertex data, materials, bone bindings, materials references, etc.) and those I have class wise but haven't written anything for them to create new ones/clone yet.
It's a slow process because everything has to be perfect - one little mistake and you shred the GR2 file. All it takes is one pointer to be off or not adjusted and game over
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 10:07 AM   #902
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekmek View Post
Something like this. So you can see how the bones work together

ah ok, yes I can make something that can show the bone hierarchy
Old 03-12-12, 02:11 PM   #903
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Hi TDW

Here, news of me:
I tried to rename the entire tree textures, in the conning tower (Diffuse and Bump map)
He well ! What a mess !
There are crosses everywhere, like, in Tile_metal_04 found Tile_metal_03 !
other, the bumpmap is addressed to a diffuse or otherwise ?!?
Ho ! my god !
Now I have one of the "bumpmap" in goblin, but no more in the editor ?!?!?
More work! To find the right !

Well, I still managed to optimize multiple textures
(less memory used)
Thus, all the textures (diffuse) and their Normal Map (Bump Map)
used in the conning tower and the precise location of each elements (UVW map)

A small thing, for the editor,
TDW, could you, look for the registration of the zoom level?
I used, to 0.000010 and when I relaunch the editor,
I find me with a zoom level at 10.000000
even after saving settings

Otherwise, all works fine on my side and thanks for the other addons , as I get some time I would look at it more closely

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 02:31 PM   #904
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
ah crap, sounds like I forgot to adjust for regional settings again I'll look into it
Old 03-12-12, 02:46 PM   #905
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

I also found how to get around as I wanted
I zoom a maximum with the mouse and I adjust my view with the keyboard, that makes me, a rotation point "on the spot"

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
Old 03-12-12, 03:05 PM   #906
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
This shows the sub (all the rooms are loaded also) and the waypoint edges between waypoints:
Wow! No more cross-referencing with Goblin! Thank you!
By the way I've found waypoint offsets to be of much help when fine adjusting a waypoint position to ensure there is no clipping etc. - the offsets are reloaded with 'F9' in Goblin while adjusting them directly in GR2 requires complete model reload. When you're satisfied with the waypoint posit you can edit GR2 to correct values (since offsets are ignored in-game).

Last edited by Vanilla; 03-12-12 at 03:15 PM.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 03:07 PM   #907
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Wow! No more cross-referencing with Goblin! Thank you!
Yes that was a royal PITA Now it's much easier
Old 03-12-12, 03:08 PM   #908
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I also found how to get around as I wanted
I zoom a maximum with the mouse and I adjust my view with the keyboard, that makes me, a rotation point "on the spot"
that's what I was trying to explain to you before but you didn't understand. You figured it out now
Old 03-12-12, 04:11 PM   #909
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
By the way I've found waypoint offsets to be of much help when fine adjusting a waypoint position to ensure there is no clipping etc. - the offsets are reloaded with 'F9' in Goblin while adjusting them directly in GR2 requires complete model reload. When you're satisfied with the waypoint posit you can edit GR2 to correct values (since offsets are ignored in-game).
This 'reloading' problem is on my list of things to take care of very soon. I'm working on the waypoints editor now. I'm currently not reading the offsets so that is one thing on my list to start reading in also
Old 03-12-12, 04:41 PM   #910
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

My english is not good enough
But,my german is better seven year at " ULM " Deutschland

Proverbe Shadok
Old 03-12-12, 05:20 PM   #911
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Quote:
Something like this. So you can see how the bones work together

Under Edit-->Options-->Bones you'll find an entry to view the bones in a hierarchy fashion now. There is also an entry to force depth test. It works semi-correctly. The bones origin is forced to depth test but the labels still render no matter what. I have to figure out something to make the labels work correctly.

@BIGREG - problem with float values for camera should be fixed now

No one reported that the Zoom % under the world tab was broken. I just found that out when I tried to load the characters and set the zoom up and nothing happened. That has been fixed also.

The linked in files (LNK@) now have restrictions that you cannot edit them. As they can be cloned and used in many places that turns into a coding nightmare for me. I have thus disabled any editing of any linked in files.

test version 1.1.103.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?uxvxmwzelu45zwj
Old 03-12-12, 07:15 PM   #912
Ekmek
Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Under Edit-->Options-->Bones you'll find an entry to view the bones in a hierarchy fashion now. There is also an entry to force depth test. It works semi-correctly. The bones origin is forced to depth test but the labels still render no matter what. I have to figure out something to make the labels work correctly.
wow thats fast!
Ekmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 07:17 PM   #913
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
wow thats fast!
I think it works fine and correctly but you tell me
Old 03-13-12, 01:45 AM   #914
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

test version 1.1.105.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y2q0qi3y0uhfay6

Fixed the broken rendering of LNK@ objects (they were being rendered in incorrect locations). This happened when I fixed the Scale % of the world tab in previous version.

Waypoints_Room_X and Room_X GR2 files are not under the same restrictions as other LNK@ objects now when they are 'called' in. This allows you to open a sub with everything automatic enabled and move waypoints around

New File menu entries --> Remove and Reload. Mainly for waypoint edge files. This allows you to edit a waypoint edge file outside of the app and reload it to see changes. Works great with the above change for those working on waypoints.

New options under Edit-->Options. They are pretty self explanatory what they do.

Waypoint edge files are now shown in the Bones treeview (listed under the Skeleton) and also in the Waypoints treeview of the Waypoints tab. You can check/uncheck to enable/disable the waypoint edges for that file

Waypoints tab's Show checkbox is now the master render controller for waypoints and waypoint edges (you switch on/off individual edge groups with the above)

Old 03-13-12, 04:57 AM   #915
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Quote:
This 'reloading' problem is on my list of things to take care of very soon. I'm working on the waypoints editor now. I'm currently not reading the offsets so that is one thing on my list to start reading in also
Well, I am not sure if we really need those offsets in the Editor since you see the changes straight away. The thing with Goblin is that we need to use it as of yet to see and adjust the animations. And the problem is that Goblin 'assumes' that GR2 is never changed, that's why you must re-open the files in Goblin if the GR2 file in question was edited, while using offsets you can fine-adjust a waypoint posit in Goblin using F9 to refresh it and then switch to the Editor and correct the coordinates in GR2. I guess those offsets were introduced just for this purpose so that devs wouldn't need to edit the model in Max, then export it, then check it.

Currently I use this procedure, I guess you do something similar when tinkering with those pesky waypoints and chars:
  • Open the editor, open waypoints and the room merged (or open the whole boat in the last version).
  • Write down 'reference coordinates', like height of the waypoints in the room or beds lateral positions etc., the ref. coords can then be used to roughly place a new waypoint. Write down all other info neede (edges, supposed animation, etc.) for future reference.
  • Create a new waypoint
  • Roughly adjust it.
  • Open Granny Viewer, select few appropriate animations for idling, etc.
  • Open Notepad, define the waypoint, its edges, char's script
  • Open Goblin, create new 'Sapiens' on the waypoint
  • Use offsets to fine-adjust the waypoint's posit so there is no animation clipping etc.
  • Adjust rotations etc. in animation file, adjust the script.
It is not difficult at all particularly with the recent changes when you can clone a link to create, say, running paths. The things that bother me the most however are:
- that I cannot clone bones, if I want to create, say, six new waypoints in a room I have to do 'create' procedure for every one of them, while I would prefer to copy a waypoint and then move it to the correct location, this way I don't have to 'alt-tab -> copy height -> alt-tab -> paste height -> alt-tab -> copy longtitude -> alt-tab .... alt-tab -> enter 0 into W, enter 1 into Y...'.
- Then the other thing is that the hateful Goblin cannot refresh the scripts, it doesn't refresh them even if you reopen the files, you have to close Goblin completely, open it, open the files, only then you see the changes.
- That I cannot edit animations.
- And since I've started whining: that I cannot reference time/weather etc. in the chars' scripting, so I cannot create watch system etc. (though I recon we can edit the framework.py to make these available).
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote