SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-12, 11:45 AM   #3346
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittingwolf View Post
I don't do modding but I think the real issue will be to get to work electric engines when surfaced, like in real life u-boats could "do". How about that?

Best,

Sittingwolf
For me this would be a huge improvement but taken one step further.Right now when you order a dive the boat submerges and it takes time till the electrics turn on causing the boat to slow and hover.Would love to see that anytime you choose a depth below surface the electrics instantly come on as they did on the real boats.

Another area is the crash dive.Its a cheat in a way where no matter what your speed you choose it dives at a very fast speed till the depth set in the .CFG file.I changed it to 25m crash dive(also max dive) so that I am forced to choose a depth once submerged or stop at 25m.This did not work well because the crew start to level out 10m before the intended depth so I changed it to 35m crash and max dive depth.This way when you order crash dive it has the realistic aspect of a negative tank filling and then blowing once submerged as happened on real life boats.This way you can't cut to silent running and still sink like a rock.

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 05-02-12 at 02:01 PM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 11:47 AM   #3347
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpLos View Post
Guess im the only fool that was doing that. Lolol. Man ive been around computers forever but i never seem to get better at them

What do you mean,your troubleshooting problems and that a good sign IMO.Most people would look at it and just be baffled by it.You might of been right in your case.Maybe it was just a reinstall afterall.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 03:26 AM   #3348
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
For me this would be a huge improvement but taken one step further.Right now when you order a dive the boat submerges and it takes time till the electrics turn on causing the boat to slow and hover.Would love to see that anytime you choose a depth below surface the electrics instantly come on as they did on the real boats.

Another area is the crash dive.Its a cheat in a way where no matter what your speed you choose it dives at a very fast speed till the depth set in the .CFG file.I changed it to 25m crash dive(also max dive) so that I am forced to choose a depth once submerged or stop at 25m.This did not work well because the crew start to level out 10m before the intended depth so I changed it to 35m crash and max dive depth.This way when you order crash dive it has the realistic aspect of a negative tank filling and then blowing once submerged as happened on real life boats.This way you can't cut to silent running and still sink like a rock.

Thanks Wolfstriked.

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-06-12, 10:37 AM   #3349
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Default RWR

....is it possible to equip the player uboat with more than one RWR receiver?
Old 05-06-12, 10:52 AM   #3350
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

Yes. For example in GWX you have one RWR on board and second on top of the snorkel if you have type XXI (or VII/IX and Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas option is activated) after 1 X 1944.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 11:24 AM   #3351
h.sie
Admiral

Thanks. I have a vague idea how to implement (by coding) a distinction between metric and centimetric radar (sending and receiving).
Old 05-06-12, 12:54 PM   #3352
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi guys,

I don't know if I write in the right thread but I can't understand how this works.
I have got my fuel tank half empty and I sent my patrol report to BDU requesting for refuelling.
Insted of getting info where to meet milk cow, I got another one about surrendering my unit.
I don't want to surrender, I want to get refuelled.
Can you explain me what I have done wrong and how I should get that fuel and later on also fish from resuply units starting from contacting BDU via sending reports?

PS: I run LSH3 patched V16B1 patch kit plus V16B1 Stiebler add-on, ALL enabled.

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-06-12, 01:04 PM   #3353
h.sie
Admiral

Hi Sittingwolf: Please consult Stiebler in his AddOn-Thread.
Old 05-06-12, 01:13 PM   #3354
h.sie
Admiral

I want to use the MinRange of the Radar to code the wavelength (e.g. 0.01 = centrimetric, 0.02 = metric).

This only works if in AI_Visual.dat ALL radar entries of ALL supermods don't use MinRange (what means: all radar MinRange=0). That seems to be true for GWX and NYGM.

But what about LSH, CCom, and WAC??
Old 05-06-12, 02:24 PM   #3355
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks h.sie,
I'll ask Stiebler then.

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-06-12, 04:59 PM   #3356
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
I want to use the MinRange of the Radar [...]
This only works if in AI_Visual.dat ALL radar entries of ALL supermods don't use MinRange (what means: all radar MinRange=0).
You are sure?
SH3 engine use not MinRange at all?

Quote:
That seems to be true for GWX and NYGM.
But what about LSH, CCom, and WAC??
If this value is equal zero then it can be used still.
Just minRange = 0 for any detector except for an active sonar (controversial) makes no sense. Therefore, it is equal to zero. This does not mean that setting a different value will not work.

And by the way is something of the radar does not work?
I did not check exactly, but it seems to me that is the difference between having RWR FuMB-7, and FuMB-26. I can always make it to submerge or hide the snorkel when the latter is mounted (for ver. 1.4).
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 05:29 PM   #3357
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334

Sounds like h.sie might be ready to start burning the midnight oil again and start working his magic again.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 01:16 AM   #3358
h.sie
Admiral

@Olamagato: Sh3 indeed reads in the MinRange value into memory, but for radars it seems to be 0 all the time. So I can use it. With FuMB-7 it's a different story.

@shartbit: you are wrong. Still no time, except Sunday from 21-23h in the evening. Thus, the RWR fix will take months, and will be the only project at the moment (preventing from other requests ).
Old 05-07-12, 08:08 AM   #3359
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
will be the only project at the moment (preventing from other requests )
I should probably sticky that too ...
Old 05-07-12, 11:59 AM   #3360
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

h.sie

SH3 and all big mods don´t use minimum ranges, execpt for sonars. But for radars, it is not correct. ASV Mk I had a minumum range of about 1km (0.5nm), ASV Mk II. even 1,8km (1nm). These large minimum ranges were the reason for the introduction of the Leigh Lights, because the planes lost contact in dark nights when narrow approaching. One has to correct this wrong minimum ranges (for german AI search radar, too).

I don´t want to tell you what to do, but if you take these wrong minimum sizes, you´ll lose the above mentioned effect. Btw. if Stiebler ist correct with the introduction of 3cm Muecke Antenna for Naxos in January, 1944, the only "gap" for german search radar left, is between March, 1943 and Oktober, 1943. At all other phases, it seems to be that there was at least theoretically one RWR which was fitted to allied radar.
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote