SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-12, 04:51 PM   #3151
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0
Default Thank you....

...for your great work...i didn't play sh3 for a long time while working on Maguis for SH5.

With this pathes the game gets more realistic and mor action and you have to be much more carefully what you are doing.

Keep up your great work and i think you will learn about the rest of the 95% unkonwn code ....time always helps and we have enpugh of it

Best Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 05:26 AM   #3152
dom111
Seaman

Downloads: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Numerous people play the hardcode fixes with LSH!

Enjoy!
After testing it for a while, all I've to say is: AWESOME!!! SH3 looks like a new game to me, I'm enjoying it like if it was a brand new sim.

Thank you very much again, h.sie.
dom111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 07:01 AM   #3153
jean74
Medic

Downloads: 150
Default Question about wolfpack

Hi,

About wolfpack I have just one question. How long must we wait after sending a contact report to receive a reply from BDU?

My h.sie version is v1.63a.
My contact report contains correct heading and speed

I wait few minutes, but no reply from BDU (Wolfpack test mission).

Many thanks for your reply,

Best regards,

Jean
jean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 12:15 PM   #3154
dom111
Seaman

Downloads: 195

When I tried that mission, it took an hour in game time to receive the anwser from BdU, but there was not any warning about the reception. Try to take a look at the received messages, maybe it is already there.

Best regards.
dom111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 12:47 PM   #3155
jean74
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom111 View Post
When I tried that mission, it took an hour in game time to receive the anwser from BdU, but there was not any warning about the reception. Try to take a look at the received messages, maybe it is already there.

Best regards.

I Dom111

Many thanks for your reply, I will do tests

Best regards,

Jean
Old 02-11-12, 05:17 PM   #3156
caodwolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 273
Default Steibler OptionSelector

I installed the patch but I am not sure how to activate the options. The instructions refer to Stiebler's OptionSelector but I cannot find it anywhere. I just dove to periscope depth and surfaced to test the 'lazy' watch officer. He stayed below decks so it appears while I have patched SHI.exe I do not have anything enable.

Can someone please refer me to a link to download the mentioned OptionsSelector.

Appreciate it.

Dave
caodwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 06:32 PM   #3157
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

@DrJones,dom111: Thanks very much.

@jean: one has to wait between 10 and 120 minutes until BDU answers.

@caodwolf: the optionsselector is part of the patch-kit you hopefully downloaded. if the 1WO doesn't automatically to the bridge, something went wrong during patching. one has to carefully read the manual and follow all instructions in order to patch correctly.
Old 02-11-12, 07:51 PM   #3158
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Hi h.sie,

Today I played a entire campaign mission again, vampire fix working flawless like all others things on the hard fixes. Have had a positive reply from BDu to a convoy contact for wolfpack, but ends in a solo attack. New suberb game! Thanks one more time!

I have not followed all this entire thread...during the above play time I felt the absence of the thermal layers one more time ... any plans/ideas on this (in the future obviously, you need a rest!)? Was this already discussed here about ideas on how to implement it?

Best regards mate!

Rubini.
Old 02-12-12, 04:13 AM   #3159
jean74
Medic

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
I have not followed all this entire thread...during the above play time I felt the absence of the thermal layers one more time ... any plans/ideas on this (in the future obviously, you need a rest!)? Was this already discussed here about ideas on how to implement it?

Rubini.
Hi H.sie
I totally agree with Rubini. You have done the best submarine simulation ever seen ! For me SH6 !!!

I would like to be talented as you to be able to help you in your very hard work.
Thermal layer and more weather ambiance are left but as Rubini said "in the future obviously, you need a rest!".

Another time many, many, thanks for all your incredible work and for giving us a new submarine simulation !!!

YOU are a MASTER indeed, and Ubisoft team should be inspired by you for their future submarine simulation.

Best regards,

Jean

PS : thank you for your indications about how long waiting for BDU reply.
Old 02-12-12, 07:19 AM   #3160
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Totally agree with others. Superb work

I have question about hardcode fixes and SH3 Res fix. What's the proper path for installing these both fixes: first enable hsie's hardcode fixes, second res fix or vice versa?
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 02:04 AM   #3161
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

@Rubini: Thermal layers have not been discussed here, I think, because Sh3Cmdr. models them quite well. Regarding future: I don't know what it will bring?

@jaxa: If JSGME reports no conflicting files at all, the sequence doesn't matter.
Old 02-13-12, 02:53 AM   #3162
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Quote:
@Rubini: Thermal layers have not been discussed here, I think, because Sh3Cmdr. models them quite well. Regarding future: I don't know what it will bring?

@jaxa: If JSGME reports no conflicting files at all, the sequence doesn't matter.
Exactly, h.sie.

@ all: please remeber, that the SH3_Cmdr-file "Ramdomised events.cfg" will only work proper with GWX 3.0 (or 2.1) and Stock-SH3. AI_Sensors.dat, which was changed with S3D, got a larger header-information, so the absolut hex-adresses which are writen in the "Randomised events.cfg" are no llonger correct. They must be changed.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 02-13-12, 05:20 AM   #3163
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:

Hi h.sie,
Yes, SH3cmdr have a workaround that only works for some AI_sensors.dat (it handles exactly hex adresses, so any change on the file and probably it will not work). But the main problem isn't that - as one can always find again the hex adresses for new modded AI_sensors and so on - although it isn't easy for all ppl). The main problem is that it was a "half solution" for that days, i mean, at that time when we haven't the possibily of hardfix to make thermal layers really a game play real time challenge as it must be.

The idea could be found the max range for Hydro/sonar and then randomically (in certain period of time) change this value, alerting the player when it reaches that deep : "Thermal layer found, her kaleun" . After some hours this number can change again, etc. I don't know for sure if the germans had a thermal layer detection or not, if not, so just change the number (maxrange) but not alert the player.

Well, just first ideas to initiate the discussion.

Last edited by Rubini; 02-13-12 at 06:11 AM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 05:25 AM   #3164
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi h.sie,
I don't know for sure if the germans had a thermal layer detection or not, if not, so just change the number (maxrange) but not alert the player.

Well, just first ideas to initiate the discussion.
I have a video where Jürgen Oesten is interwieved by sh3 devs I quess. He states in the video that germans knew the existence of thermal layers but didn't have anything to indicate their precense.

So randomization, randomization, ...........
Old 02-13-12, 05:46 AM   #3165
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote