SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-10, 09:54 AM   #1
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17
Default W.O.W. Cataclysm...

For those who play(ed) the new(ish) xpac, your thoughts so far?
My thoughts? The usual grindfest (to 85 this time), grinding faction rep, gearing up for raids, grinding professions, BG's, HC's and the many many vote kicks and "nerf hc's cause they are too hard" screams, elitist 'tards who think that any wipe is YOUR fault and either vote kick or leave group, the many WOTLK players who think that Cata isn't a faceroll anymore, ie should be nerfed so that hc's can be completed in 2 to 3 mins and that hc's should have epics dropped instead of blues, errmm....
For the record, i no longer play WoW, after power-levelling a rogue to 85 from 80, in 1 and a bit days, then gearing up for hc's and maxing my professions, raiding with guildies, doing bg's, levelling a mage to 80, in short, WoW has many things going for it, however Cata was a big let-down in my opinion, sure, lots of new content, both starter and end-game, plus all the side-quests and guild perks, etc etc...however, at the end of the day, and quiet bluntly put, the usual grind fest, just with another name really.
'twas fun while it lasted...
Bring on Diablo 3!!!!!

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 10:45 AM   #2
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

MMORPGs have become too damn competitive. It's all about me me me nowadays.

I remember when I used to play Warhammer Online more frequently, once I had leveled to Tier 3 and gathered some extra gold, I used to go back to the tier 1 areas and run treasure hunts for the newbies; who found me got 15 gold or something like that. Everyone thought I was running a scam of some sort.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 11:23 AM   #3
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
MMORPGs have become too damn competitive. It's all about me me me nowadays.

I remember when I used to play Warhammer Online more frequently, once I had leveled to Tier 3 and gathered some extra gold, I used to go back to the tier 1 areas and run treasure hunts for the newbies; who found me got 15 gold or something like that. Everyone thought I was running a scam of some sort.
Samething happened in RO, people use to only have 1 account, and would need someone else to help them level, so parties were required. Then people started dual clienting, and finding ways to quickly level their main using a second character.
Old 12-28-10, 02:17 PM   #4
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Finally! Was saving this one.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 06:25 PM   #5
ReFaN
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101

it was ok, bought it too just level up too 85, quests were fun, with the scripted cinematics etc, but it is just one long grind, only played for like a week and i quit again.

Liverpool is my relegion, Anfield is my church. True believers never walk alone.
ReFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 02:02 PM   #6
kranz
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

@up: lol, bcoz of WoW I do not remember my last 2 years.
The problem with Cata is that it won't work on pirate servers.
kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 03:08 PM   #7
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Finally! Was saving this one.

ALL MMORPG gameplay, summed up in one picture:

Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 06:24 PM   #8
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Actually I prefer Cata to Wotlk and BC expansions, I brought a new acc and got a hunter to 85 in a 9 days playing with a friend to 60 then going it alone to 85. Need to gear up, doing BG reps now how you can get ratings from BGs is pretty cool and the new patch Blizzard included last week if you win one of the BG's forgot the name but its from Cata your get 1800 honor from a win and 300 honor from a lost, well Horde and alliance players on Tich realm are having turns at letting each other win so they can get 1800 honor each time. lol Wonder how long that will last before blizzard find out and nerf the honor

Sounds like you just burnt yourself out Feuer Frei, it happens. When you say you no longer play wow I lol'd we all say that, have a break then go back. Ive quit twice and what am I doing now?

On another note Ive ordered 'Age of Conan' mmo ive always wanted to try it out, now I can with a pc that will run it. If Conan's good i'll drop wow.... for a while. lol

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 08:14 PM   #9
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
Actually I prefer Cata to Wotlk and BC expansions
Yea, for sure, Cata isn't a faceroll anymore, like BC and WOTLK, people are whining about the HC's being too hard lol. But that's what HC's are meant to be, hard.

Quote:
Sounds like you just burnt yourself out Feuer Frei, it happens.
Yea, i know, but, i've pretty much finished with it, too many elitist idiots, plus, grind, grind, grind, Cata did disappoint me, it has some great new content, both starter and endgame, Uldum is just amazing, scenery-wise, however Uldum was probably the most boring of all the levelling areas.
Cata is just the usual grindfest, only with some new content, glossed over. I couldn't justify playing on.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Old 12-31-10, 02:35 AM   #10
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
Yea, for sure, Cata isn't a faceroll anymore, like BC and WOTLK, people are whining about the HC's being too hard lol. But that's what HC's are meant to be, hard.

Yea, i know, but, i've pretty much finished with it, too many elitist idiots, plus, grind, grind, grind, Cata did disappoint me, it has some great new content, both starter and endgame, Uldum is just amazing, scenery-wise, however Uldum was probably the most boring of all the levelling areas.
Cata is just the usual grindfest, only with some new content, glossed over. I couldn't justify playing on.
I understand See you in Age of Conan then?

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 01:42 PM   #11
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...raft-Cataclysm

Zero Punctuation review.

Call me biased, but I totally agree with his conclusion on the numbers thing. Yes, we know Yahtzee hates MMORPGs, but he's also kind of right

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 03:14 PM   #12
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Goddammit! Forgot it's Wednesday.

You won this battle CCIP, but there's still war to fight.

(all in good fun naturally... and maybe with some swords and other things that can really ruin your day )

EDIT: Ow and he makes good points, especially the 'numbers'.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 06:42 PM   #13
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

The thing i like about Cataclysm, is the run from 1-60 is completely improved and made enjoyable. The zone flow just feels better.

Haven't seen the new 80-85 content yet as I've got 2 characters on the roll up to that.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 07:08 PM   #14
SgtPotato
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 96

I quit playing WoW before Cataclysm because it bored me the **** out.

too much drama and repeating the same instances/raids runs again and again until you get the gears that you want.

Suddenly, everyone in my old guild want to and became furries when Cataclysm released...

****ING FURRIES!
Old 01-12-11, 09:25 PM   #15
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkirion View Post
The thing i like about Cataclysm, is the run from 1-60 is completely improved and made enjoyable. The zone flow just feels better.
Yea the starter areas and starter levelling areas have been remade and are incredible, a job well done Blizz.
However the true 'cream' of Cata is it's end game content, with HC's, quest rewards, PvP and the 80 to 85 levelling content being really good. Blizz have done a great job with this x-pac.

Quote:
Haven't seen the new 80-85 content yet as I've got 2 characters on the roll up to that.
You will enjoy it, whichever starting area you go to first, either Mt Hyjal or the underwater world. Both amazing.
Also Uldum is probably the most amazing area of the whole lot, with it's Egyptian influenced architecture and 'feel' to it. Uldum shows off really well that Blizz are actually very good at designing levels/areas.
Plus, you get the chance to have a camel mount when exalted with faction, now who doesn't wanna ride a camel
Must admit though, from lvl 84 to 85 it's a loooong slug/grind, you need approx 6 million xp pts to reach 85 from 84.
It took me to get from 80 to 85 a day and a bit, i reckon the 84 to 85 took me the longest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post
I quit playing WoW before Cataclysm because it bored me the **** out.
With the new content, it's far more enjoybale than WOTLK.

Quote:
too much drama and repeating the same instances/raids runs again and again until you get the gears that you want.
I will also admit that Cata, once you reach lvl 85 is all about gearing up for HC's, BG's and professions, but hey, that's WoW though isn't it?

It will be interesting to see where Blizz goes with the next 2 xpacs to come.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS