SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-07, 08:29 PM   #16
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayOwl
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
@GrayOwl : Just being curious but did you check the Stock DW database for those numbers and entries on those issues ... I'm guessing here, but I would say those errors are in that db as well. If I'm right then SCS is to blame for getting it wrong in the first place and certainly not Lw for not fixing one of many errors being prevalent in the Stock Db.

Aside from that ... seems that LwAmi has come really far given that the only issues are very very minor in the big scheme of things.

Great Job Lw ... I definitly have to take the P3 out for a whirl to check out the new toys

Cheers
OS

The correction of a database is displaced only to one aspect - improvement of the American platforms - if you blind I have shown where you to look in a database. Or you do not have eyes?

If this product [Lwami] wants to be worldwide employments, it is necessary to have the correct relation [Not interested ] to platforms only concerning to USA.
LW/Ami has never focused exclusively on American platforms. Early improvements included upgrading the SS-N-27ASM into a two stage weapon and adding the UGST and 65-76 torpedoes to the Akula loadout. AI sensor parameters for platforms of all nations were adjusted. More recently, the Stallion has been improved, the Helix, May, and Bear have had their loadouts upgraded, and the Russian air defense systems have received a major overhaul.
Old 02-12-07, 12:12 AM   #17
Lane
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Installed LWAMI ver 307 Full Version Download from CADC this afternoon.
Got looking at Ver307 folder and saw Graphics Folder and remmber from
Ver305 install that I had to run the InstallGFX So I did again I think it just overwrite the files I had from the Ver305 Install. I guess you don't have to do anything to Graphics folder Said something removing files if you like
No thank's I will leave them installed the LWAMI mod with JSGME
Got the nice splash screen and took off on the Sicilian Wedding mission
To see if I can pick that umpire from the Helo east of Tango.
If not I may grab that SAM Launcher and the umpire can swim to the SSN760
Later, Lane SSN760
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 01:02 AM   #18
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

Bill, I concur. I've corrected some of the links and posted the separate model pack. We're still working out the details of the installer.

It works on OS's machines, and also on some other's but apparently not on yours or mine and a few others.

For now, I think the safest bet is just to take down the "Full" package and link the model pack separately. I've included instructions on how to install them. Here is the direct link to download the model pack: www.commanders-academy.net/luftwolf/LWAMI_v3xx_Model_Pack.zip .

Cheers,
David
Old 02-12-07, 01:24 AM   #19
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf

The files above are now the correct files.
We'll get this right the first time, sometime soon.

Cheers,
David
-+=Gray:Owl=+- :

Kara Launcher #271: 72 Missiles x 35 Reloads=2520 Pics SA-N-1 Goa....
"Nursery Of The Bugs"...
Chinese "Kuznetzov" - Still Without Weapons:hmm: .

Similar Mistakes - Hundred.
See Closely Your DBase .

Cheers :p !
You know, I've never actually closely looked at my database. At least not the vast majority of the platforms, launchers, sensors, etc. The vast majority of things in the database are exactly the same as in DW 1.04.

Adding numbers and changing parameters is very uninteresting work, and also very easy.

Beyond that, it's pretty silly to invest that sort of time into a catalogue of information accessed by something with basic flaws that make it largely irrelevant what the object parameters are.

So I've chosen to invest my time so far in improving DW in substantial ways, which has meant making changes in the most necessary places first, rather than entering a catalogue of information and calling it "realism modding" or whatever.

Ideally, someone who actually is familiar with modern navies would have been working with me at the same time to make changes to the database that aren't necessarily related to the project I was working on. However, such a person did not and still does not exist.

When there is no more work to do on the game, I'll start to polish the database, which is going to be sooner than you might think. Perhaps I've saved it for last because it really does mean the end of interesting work and the beginning of data entry, which has it's own rewards but isn't the reason I started modding DW.

BTW, the Chinese Kuz. CVG is a rusting hulk, with no weapons, in real life, owned by a Chinese holding company.

Quote:
The correction of a database is displaced only to one aspect - improvement of the American platforms - if you blind I have shown where you to look in a database. Or you do not have eyes?

If this product [Lwami] wants to be worldwide employments, it is necessary to have the correct relation [Not interested ] to platforms only concerning to USA.
Of all the platforms changed by the mod, the Akula is by far the most improved. So I don't understand what you are saying. If I need to list: 1)added 65-76 2)added UGST 3) modelled two stage SS-N-27 ASW 4) added stealth launch to Shkval 5) added APR-3 to Stallion 6) increased the maximum speed of the P971U to 35kts 7) I gave the Gepard class P971A's a 10kts tactical speed, which is a 3kts advantage over Vepr' or P971U AND added three playable Modified hull designations. None of these are mere cosmetic changes, all of them add significant capabilities to the Akula.

On top of that I have "russified" the Russian and Chinese platform designations and added many Russian and Chinese playable hulls in addition to the game.

There are literally hundreds of places you could point to in the database and pull out whatever degree of ineptitude and bias you want from me, but if those same places are in the stock database, then it means I haven't gotten to it yet not that I've made any conscious effort to set things that way.

If you have some suggestions that do not fall into the catagory of something I OBVIOUSLY have to change when I have the time, please let me know.

I depend on feedback for this project to be successful.

Cheers,
David

Last edited by LuftWolf; 02-12-07 at 02:03 AM.
LuftWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 03:40 AM   #20
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

@Bill, I've checked again with OneShot and the Full installer is performing as it should for both of us.

I can't think of anything that would be causing problems for you, unless you are not running a Windows XP machine (the 3d.grp files are copied over by the batch file using the "xcopy" command).

Cheers,
David

PS Oneshot uploaded another version that uses the copy command instead, perhaps you can try that one? (the files have been swapped out at the same link)
Old 02-12-07, 03:40 AM   #21
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

Been running latest 307 successfuly - JSGME showed ''LwAmi_Mod '' but just tried to use JSGME to switch back to Stock for some tests - problem !

The JSGME indicator shows the move (disabled) but when I try to run the game I get:
''ERROR 13001 occured with the game database''
I guess, to get on with stuff, I will have to do a manual switch :hmm:

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 04:03 AM   #22
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Check in the Database folder of your main DW directory.

When you have the mod uninstalled, there should be 14 files in the folder, all of which should be from 19/1/07. This is the stock DB.

Is there any chance you modified these files? The installer doesn't touch those.

When JSGME enables the mod, these files are renamed and archive in the same folder, and it is removed, the mod files are deleted and the original files restored to their own names.

If you are having problems, I can send you my stock DB. No big deal, just disable the mod in jsgme, and then copy the files over to your Database folder, and whatever DB issue should be resolved.

Cheers,
David
Old 02-12-07, 04:09 AM   #23
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

I just checked, error 13001 is a missing database error, so here is my stock Database.

www.commanders-academy.com/luftwolf/DW_104_Database.zip .

Just unzip this file to your Dangerous Waters Database directory.

(This may have occured because of some JSGME related switching about on your computer... if the .ini file gets out of sync with the files, the tool can sometimes delete files you'd rather not have deleted, although I've never heard of this happening outside of human error, although its not always obvious what you did, speaking from personal experience... that is. My advice to you is to be sure your whole DW install is not bricked... it may be more than just the database... the good news is that enabling the Mod will make 307 work regardless, but stock DW might not function anymore)

Everything should work fine from there on, assuming it was just the database affected.

Cheers,
David
Old 02-12-07, 04:49 AM   #24
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

Thanks David - I have the 14 files in the database, dated 19/1/07, on reverting to stock and 28 when LwAmi 307 enabled. Egs. airstrip.ead.LWAMI_306 19/1/07 is joined by airstrip.ead 10/2/07 That looks as if I am trying to swap 2 LwAmis ? Somethings got screwed in the last round of updating from 306 to 307 :hmm:

Edit: JSGME 307 now ok in swapping stock and 307. Uninstalled 307, replaced stock database and doctrines with an original backup - reinstalled 307 and all's well.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

Last edited by Bellman; 02-12-07 at 07:17 AM.
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 07:58 AM   #25
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Quote:
@Bill, I've checked again with OneShot and the Full installer is performing as it should for both of us.

I can't think of anything that would be causing problems for you, unless you are not running a Windows XP machine (the 3d.grp files are copied over by the batch file using the "xcopy" command).

Cheers,
David

PS Oneshot uploaded another version that uses the copy command instead, perhaps you can try that one? (the files have been swapped out at the same link)
The new version using the copy command works a-ok. Do you want me to replace the previous version on my site with this one?
Old 02-12-07, 11:43 AM   #26
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Thanks Bill, that would probably be a good idea, OS and I both tested this one!

Cheers,
David
Old 02-12-07, 04:00 PM   #27
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Quote:
Thanks Bill, that would probably be a good idea, OS and I both tested this one!

Cheers,
David
Done.
Old 02-22-07, 11:15 AM   #28
Imamar
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have problems with this mod. It seems to not working with the Russian rebellion campaign. As soon as i start to play, lovely women voice says that " This mission cannot be completed, return to debrief" .. Whats up with this, and any one else having the same problem?
Done fresh installing and im running on patch 104. No other mods in use.

Last edited by Imamar; 02-22-07 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-22-07, 11:37 AM   #29
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ssion+campaign

The short version is that some of the random starting positions result in counter detection. The odds are in your favor if you start over.
Old 02-22-07, 01:54 PM   #30
Imamar
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ssion+campaign

The short version is that some of the random starting positions result in counter detection. The odds are in your favor if you start over.
Thank you very much!