SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-13, 12:46 PM   #466
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by a17tares View Post
At the start of the Coastal Waters campaign I'm able to install Bold 1-5 and equip T2 torpedoes. This seems a bit odd if I compare that with the dates of the upgrade chart. Is this working as intended?
Switch mod order in this area to :
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V8 by sober
No more Bold 2 and better, plus other proper equipment fixes by date.

V8 now version V9. Only one change was made in V9, Bold 1945 entry. There is a good chance that game won't CTD if you renable mods in order suggested. The charts I have seen for the English vs. German websites had different dates for equipment.

I'll PM sober.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 05:20 PM   #467
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post

V8 now version V9. Only one change was made in V9, Bold 1945 entry. There is a good chance that game won't CTD if you renable mods in order suggested. The charts I have seen for the English vs. German websites had different dates for equipment.

I'll PM sober.
I dont have time , if you can make your own compatible by date mod i will delete my mod , cheers .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 07:35 PM   #468
Bathrone
Ensign

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Quote:

I'll PM sober.
Mike that is not correct mate.

You need

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1

Sober misses the Patch 1 for revision 1.4 and its a large patch
Bathrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 07:52 PM   #469
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathrone View Post

You need

I cannot remember but Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V8 by sober is
but with the dates changed .
Old 05-10-13, 08:02 PM   #470
Bathrone
Ensign

Mate I know your busy but we did previously discuss this in detail in your megamod list thread

Anyway I'll say again

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1.rar is 48 MB

Your Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober.7z is 0.3 MB

To correctly configure these configuration items people need to use what I listed

Ofcourse none of these problems would exist if we acted like a community together and used a centralised source code and configuration management system like every other open source community software project on the planet
Old 05-10-13, 08:13 PM   #471
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:

You need

Nope it it correct. Thanks for trying to help. I never told you how I combined mods. I just never followed up at what you told me from here.
Sober's modlist reply

If you follow the links at sober's modlist, post #2 for #Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182194

The following happens: You are redirected to TheBeast's post, Main mod about 60MB, patch 1 about 43MB, patch 1 hotfix about 1.79KB. All three download links at bottom of page.

I did combine TheBeast's patch 1 and hotfix and called it, "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix". I modified patch 1 and the hotfix along time ago. Then still add Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober after. See what happens? Did I miss something still? Let me know.

If I still overlooked something then you or I need to inform sober. Sorry sober if I made a mistake after trying to help out earlier on same topic.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 05-10-13 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-10-13, 08:24 PM   #472
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Mate I know your busy but we did previously discuss this in detail in your megamod list thread

Anyway I'll say again

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1.rar is 48 MB

Your Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober.7z is 0.3 MB

To correctly configure these configuration items people need to use what I listed

Ofcourse none of these problems would exist if we acted like a community together and used a centralised source code and configuration management system like every other open source community software project on the planet
ok , i fixed the mod order eventually
Old 05-10-13, 08:29 PM   #473
Bathrone
Ensign

Quote:
Nope it it correct. Thanks for trying to help. I never told you how I combined mods. I just never followed up at what you told me from here.
Sober's modlist reply

If you follow the links at sober's modlist, post #2 for #Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182194

The following happens: You are redirected to TheBeast's post, Main mod about 60MB, patch 1 about 43MB, patch 1 hotfix about 1.79KB. All three download links at bottom of page.

I did combine TheBeast's patch 1 and hotfix and called it, "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix". I modified patch 1 and the hotfix along time ago. Then still add Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober after. See what happens? Did I miss something still? Let me know.

If I still overlooked something then you or I need to inform sober. Sorry sober if I made a mistake after trying to help out earlier on same topic.
MIke I understand what you have done. The problem is no one else can see what youve done by the standards youve applied to your directory naming. Since you merged those two configuration items without doing something in the name like MERGED it leads other people to make mistakes.

Anyway now that Sober has fixed his and I imagine most people goto Sobers mod list to download them the problem is resolved
Old 05-10-13, 08:55 PM   #474
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
MIke I understand what you have done. The problem is no one else can see what youve done by the standards youve applied to your directory naming. Since you merged those two configuration items without doing something in the name like MERGED it leads other people to make mistakes.

Anyway now that Sober has fixed his and I imagine most people goto Sobers mod list to download them the problem is resolved
Now I realized what I did not explain. When I provided a modlist at various threads, I stated as Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 & hotfix. But NEVER mentioned it here.

Now I can say how my thoughts were affected here as well as work. Things I would never miss since I am so detail oriented. It's not just the getting older thing. I've had four weeks of bronchitis, and worked 80% of that time and finally is breaking up. My job is technical but can be physical at times, too.

I understand your points of merging and mistakes. I love sober's modlist, too. It is my main reference for mods.

Happy hunting, and fixing things for better immersion and enjoyment.
Old 05-17-13, 07:41 PM   #475
Bathrone
Ensign

Gday folks

So Im interested in the EUF and NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.1.0.

Im using Sobers mod list as a general guideline on the correct order. Sober places EUF first then the new uboat skin second. When I do this I get a bunch of mod enabler warnings:

Quote:
"Conning_7C_01.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Conning_7C_01_N.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Conning_7C_02.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Conning_7C_02_N.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Conning_7C_02_O01.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast" mod.
"Conning_7C_02_O01.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Uboat7C_deck.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Uboat7C_deck_N.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Uboat7C_O01.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast" mod.
"Uboat7C_O01.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Uboat7C_structure.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Uboat7C_structure_N.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Uboat7_body.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
"Uboat7_body_N.dds" has already been altered by the "Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1" mod.
So if I try to use EUF with the uboat skin mod am I clobbering a whole bunch of EUF goodness in the process? Thanks
Old 05-18-13, 10:20 AM   #476
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Sober places EUF first then the new uboat skin second. When I do this I get a bunch of mod enabler warnings:So if I try to use EUF with the uboat skin mod am I clobbering a whole bunch of EUF goodness in the process? Thanks
Yes, you are clobbering the goodness in the order described. Same situation as you have asked about with menu.txt. JSGME does not discriminate. Makes no difference if a file is *.dds, *.cfg, *.txt. Any overwrite is an overwrite.
Old 05-18-13, 07:01 PM   #477
Bathrone
Ensign

Thanks Mike. So are these files important to the EUF mod? What is the functional gameplay impact of doing what others like Sober has done by enabling EUF then the Novaro skin?
Old 05-18-13, 07:29 PM   #478
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
What is the functional gameplay impact of doing what others like Sober has done by enabling EUF then the Novaro skin?
Enabling Novaro's skin after EUF has no impact on gameplay other then submarine paint sceme.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 07:47 PM   #479
Bathrone
Ensign

Awesome great news I will note that for my modlist

EUF is a great mod, thanks very much
Old 05-25-13, 04:50 PM   #480
Choum
Sparky

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 3

hello,
I have fix all line date in the sober mod (available by date) V9

This fix prevent all equipments from been avalaible to early like bold.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4075

edit : reupload 05/26/13 (11:51am)

Instruction :

first step

If you have unlocked any skin or reward from uplay, bad news, the game will overwrite at each start the "UpgradePacks.upc" file.
2 solution :
overwrite the file UpgradePacks.upc in "Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData" after each start (alt tab and copy)
Prevent Sh5.exe to have any access to internet (with windows firewall for example), ban any incoming and outcoming traffic for sh5.exe.

Second step

If you have already start a campaign and want to correct the date problem, you will need to delete all files(exept RichSavedGames and SaveGames folder) in

C:\Users\YOURSESSION\Documents\SH5\data\cfg

Then start the game,
verify that the UpgradePacks.upc localte in \Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData as not been overwritten by cloud.
Search for UpackUbBold2 and check the line UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1 if you see :
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=NULL,NULL, 1500 -> file has been overwritten by cloud

UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=1943-01-01, 1943-05-01, 2000 -> all good.

Start a new campaign (any name) tutorial for example, after loading return to the menu immediatly (the game has recreate all files we remove before in C:\Users\YOURSESSION\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\ with good value.

Last edited by Choum; 05-26-13 at 10:32 AM.
Choum is offline   Reply With Quote