Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

quote from Quora, at
https://www.quora.com/Are-CNN-and-MSNBC-considered-left-wing

Iwan Doherty, Editor of The People's News
Answered May 28

"Are CNN and MSNBC considered left wing?"

Not particularly.

MSNBC might pass just on the left for the world political scale, CNN is pretty centrist.

The point is most of America’s ‘Left’ are simply centrists Liberals, Obama and Hillary certainly on the right of the spectrum on a global scale.
Which is why the rest of the world stands and laughs at the GOP.

MSNBC from when I watched it seemed to support Bernie Sanders, who is one of the few Left politicians in America. If it went on to support any true Left wingers in the Democrats it could brand itself as a voice of Social Democracy, and the American people.

CNN is what most American media networks are. The voice of establishment centrists. Except Fox which is the voice of establishment right wingers. Due to the fact they’re run by rich Americans it is very unlikely they will ever become left wing.

The reason they are considered Left wing is because the GOP has moved so far they can no longer see the center of the spectrum.

Right wing Americans who watch British politics must be cowering behind the sofa at Corbyn’s rise, a man who makes Bernie Sanders look like a Liberal."

Pretty much as I and a good part of the "rest" of the world sees it.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-14-17, 09:11 AM   #3947
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Well, if journalism is all about noble causes, science, crusaders for truth and justice. How exactly do they maintain a profit and audience? When I think about people like Carl Bernstein Bob Woodward etc. etc. They did a great job uncovering nefarious politics in the White House. But in between the times when the proverbial blind squirrel finds the nut what exactly do they fill your mind with? I'll tell you its for the most all a big social media gossip rag filled crap. But its that crap which keeps people with boring miserable lives tuned in preferring the smell of one pile of crap over the other or even going as far to tell others how their source of big steaming piles crap doesn't stink.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-14-17 at 09:50 AM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 12-14-17, 09:16 AM   #3948
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

https://www.quora.com/Which-media-ou...-are-left-wing

"Right wing media outlets, such as Fox News Network, Rush Limbaugh's show, and others have for years been openly biased, showing favoritism towards Republicans and hostility toward Democrats.

Those media outlets and the Republicans have convinced their viewers, readers, and voters that almost all other news outlets are “liberal, left wing” organizations.
But until recent months and years, most of the media (other than right wing media) was not biased at all, outside their editorial pages and in clearly identified opinion pieces.

Unlike right wing media, other news agencies followed the standards taught in journalism schools, which was to report the news in an unbiased manner by explaining both the pros and cons of a given situation and interviewing people who represent all the opposing sides and viewpoints of any controversial issue. If a Democrat was asked to give a viewpoint, a Republican was also asked to give his or her viewpoint. Words that have “loaded” meanings were avoided in both the headlines and the content of the story, to further avoid bias.

Despite the commonly repeated label of “liberal media,” that right wingers toss around so frequently, there was traditionally almost no such thing as “liberal media” among the major networks, newspapers, and news magazines. But biased “right wing media” has existed for two decades or longer.

Unfortunately, in the past few years some of the previously unbiased media has begun using the tactics of Fox and the other right wingers, which means they sometimes slip the reporters' opinions into “hard news” stories and don't always try to cover all sides and opinions concerning controversial stories. But most still label pure opinion pieces as being “opinions,” which is something Fox and other right wing media don’t always do."

Old 12-14-17, 09:56 AM   #3949
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
So the coastal cities are the bad leftist boys. And all of California, of course. And now even Alabama decided to leave the republican path.
Have you ever looked at a map of US presidential results? Have a look. I'm not calling them 'bad leftist boys', you are.

As for Alabama, don't get too excited. Good riddance to Moore but that seat will return to the Republicans in 2020. Bet on it.

Quote:
You quote just of all CNN, which you say is leftist and biased, to support your arguments?
I'm not quoting CNN. The article is an opinion piece by a noted Conservative writer. Editorial disclaimer at top of article.

Quote:
The views expressed in this commentary are solely hers.

Quote:
Show me this with Breitbart!
You should stop reading Breitbart. Not good for you. Getting your opinion of what Conservatives think from Breitbart is like getting an opinion of what Liberals think by reading Mein Kampf.

Quote:
Fox and Breitbart are owned privately by singulary bosses with rightist mindsets. Those guys have an agenda and built their company around it, picking those news and employees they see fit.
Oh I don't disagree at all. But if you don't think that CNN and MSNBC have a similar progressive left agenda and hiring practices you've drunk the kool-aid.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 12-14-17, 10:01 AM   #3950
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I don't remember anything bad ever happening around Christmas time at the White House ... could this be another good year?

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 12-14-17, 10:33 AM   #3951
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I'm not quoting CNN. The article is an opinion piece by a noted Conservative writer. Editorial disclaimer at top of article.

"S.E. Cupp is a CNN political commentator and the host of "S.E. Cupp Unfiltered," covering contemporary issues on HLN."

But be it as it may, the fact that they let those other-minded opinions stand and publish them, speaks for them.

Quote:
But if you don't think that CNN and MSNBC have a similar progressive left agenda and hiring practices you've drunk the kool-aid.
This is exactly what i mean, and what is written in both quotes from Quora: The political landscape has shifted so far to the right, that even neutral media are described as being "leftist", "snowflakes" and "libtards" by the right. The jargon has reached a new low, along with open hate, and defamation.

Old 12-14-17, 11:54 AM   #3952
u crank

Quote:
"S.E. Cupp is a CNN political commentator and the host of "S.E. Cupp Unfiltered," covering contemporary issues on HLN."

But be it as it may, the fact that they let those other-minded opinions stand and publish them, speaks for them.
Cupp does not have a show on CNN. Her show is on HLN. Not a very high profile gig. If there was one S.E. Cupp for each Don Lemon on prime time CNN then you might have an argument. The fact is there are none.

Quote:
This is exactly what i mean, and what is written in both quotes from Quora:
Quora is....
Quote:
Quora is a question-and-answer site where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quora

Who is this person, Sharon Taylor that you are quoting from this site and why should I consider her opinion valid? I've never heard of her and can't find anything about her on the web. You've just found some anonymous person who agrees with you.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 12-14-17 at 02:50 PM.
u crank is online  
Old 12-14-17, 11:58 AM   #3953
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Correct me if there is something I may have missed or misunderstood.

If you support Trump-There is news channel, tv-stations, news paper and internet pages which aren't trustworthy .

If you are against Trump- There is news channel, tv-stations, news paper and internet pages which aren't trustworthy

Is that correct ?

Markus
Old 12-14-17, 12:21 PM   #3954
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

If you support Trump-There is news channel, tv-stations, news paper and internet pages which aren't trustworthy .

If you are against Trump- There is news channel, tv-stations, news paper and internet pages which aren't trustworthy

Is that correct ?

Markus
Markus, you could not be more correct.

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 12-14-17, 04:04 PM   #3955
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Is that correct ?

Markus
Only change I would make is that if you support Trump, only one TV channel is trustworthy. All of the others are biased.
Old 12-14-17, 05:37 PM   #3956
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
Only change I would make is that if you support Trump, only one TV channel is trustworthy. All of the others are biased.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 12-14-17, 05:53 PM   #3957
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Good bye Net Neutrality!! Oh well, its time the telecommunication company's to start screwing the consumer again, has been totally unfair for them,lol We are going to pay for this, in more ways then one, screw this administration, just driven by greed is all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...you/ar-BBGI9jB

Al Capone
Old 12-14-17, 09:30 PM   #3958
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I came across this article addressing a conspiracy theory about Moore's loss to Jones making the rounds in Alt-Right circles. It gave me a good laugh because I have, in the past, used the same process of questioning the logistics needed to carry out some of the really ludicrous theories as a means of debunking them; this is one of the best breakdowns and putdowns I've seen:

Right-Wing Conspiracy Theory About Alabama Election Gets A Brutal Reality Check --

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000313

<O>
Old 12-15-17, 04:36 AM   #3959
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Good bye Net Neutrality!! Oh well, its time the telecommunication company's to start screwing the consumer again, has been totally unfair for them,lol We are going to pay for this, in more ways then one, screw this administration, just driven by greed is all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...you/ar-BBGI9jB
Yep, that's a step back. Seems there has been some political pressure applied, in the telecom companies' interest. MAGA!
But what about Microsoft, Google etc.? Their shares just took a hit due to this very decision.

Now a high speed internet line available for everybody, can artificially be switched down to low speed. Until you pay more, for 'premium' speed, 'premium' packages and all that bovine scatology.

Old 12-15-17, 05:54 AM   #3960
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Yep, that's a step back. Seems there has been some political pressure applied, in the telecom companies' interest. MAGA!
But what about Microsoft, Google etc.? Their shares just took a hit due to this very decision.

Now a high speed internet line available for everybody, can artificially be switched down to low speed. Until you pay more, for 'premium' speed, 'premium' packages and all that bovine scatology.

Quote:
Obama’s attack on the internet is another top down power grab. Net neutrality is the Fairness Doctrine. Will target conservative media.
- Donald Trump, November 2014

(Source)
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter