Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-17, 01:05 PM   #91
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Bull! just put Fairey where it says Wadworth ; the increased LGBT market share will prove 'worth' the 'wad' increase!

Here you go..

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 09-24-17 at 01:15 PM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 01:29 PM   #92
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

X actly! and even the Commonwealth is getting into it! (<Winnipeg, MANitoba!??) All humor aside: this is doable, profitable, and seriously backed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014
...Billionaire Jim Koch's Boston Beer producer of the popular Sam Adams brew, will no longer be sponsoring Boston's St. Patrick's Day parade because of the organizer's failure to include LGBT groups.
The move comes after a Boston bar said it would no longer serve Sam Adams beer because of its support of the parade.
Gay rights advocacy group MassEquality and organizers of the South Boston parade, the South Boston Allied War Veterans Council, have been embroiled in talks attempting to broker a deal to allow 20 LGBT veterans to march.
Even Bud Light (I used 2 haul Bud) gets it!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-24-17 at 01:48 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 01:56 PM   #93
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I note the clever, politically-incorrect marketing of this product! The brewer has deliberately left out 'Fairey' Swordfish to appeal to 'macho Brit' swillers' 'Britannia rules the waves' mantra. This possibly is missing a large market-share as the Royal Navy was famously run on 'buggery and the lash';.... so capture the LGBT market as well! This is a lot like the American Saturn auto dilemma; they knew it would never sell as...Uranus!??? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey_Swordfish

WTF!! The beer is simply what it is, a beer and the brewers make a charitable donation to a military themed charity.

Quote:
What is Navy Wings?

Navy Wings keeps heritage Naval aircraft in the skies, telling the exciting story of the early pioneers of Naval flying to HMS Queen Elizabeth and her F35 jets. Funded entirely by public donations the charity restores, maintains and flies a collection of rare and historically significant naval aircraft which display and inspire millions of people each year at air shows around the country.

Based at RNAS Yeovilton the collection includes the only two airworthy Swordfish in the world, two Sea Furies, a Sea Hawk and Sea Vixen. Together with our associate collection, Navy Wings tells the nationally important story of flying from ships at sea from the First World War to the Fleet Air Arm of today.
https://www.navywings.org.uk/

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 02:18 PM   #94
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon12 ^

I still have my 1/72 FAIREY Swordfish model from my extensive childhood '60's collection ....somewhere! (heavily damaged from attacks on my model fleets as I recollect) Every model kit: (Tamaya, Trumpeter, Airfix etc) says 'Fairey Swordfish' on the box!...might as well say it on the bottle too!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-17, 02:48 PM   #95
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Gents,

I like to drink craft beers. I use an app called Untapped. https://untappd.com
It is great for keeping track of beers that you have enjoyed and allows you to rate the beers. It also helps locating beers you may like to drink for the day. Give it a try.

Another fun activity is holding a beer exchange every 4 months. Get 24 people together. Each brings a case of craft beer. No major brands. No duplicates. We have a get together with simple foods to eat, conversation, enjoy a few beers then exchange. Each take just one beer from the 24 cases. You then go home with 24 different beers to enjoy and rate. Good time.

I just enjoyed this utterly fantastic double bock:

I'd kill for one of these. I had it in Emerald Isle NC. Local brew. Fantastic!

Old 09-29-17, 12:01 PM   #96
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

"Mein Gott... vot a vopper!"
Old 09-30-17, 06:20 AM   #97
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The wife brought half a dozen of these in from work yesterday. Brewed exclusively for M&S, I've had this before so it makes a welcome return.

Quote:
This rich, complex beer is brewed with British Fuggles and Goldings hops and has all the earthy, peppery notes of a classic IPA.

Old 11-14-17, 02:41 PM   #98
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default Charlie Wells Triple-Hopped IPA

Resinously hoppy and 5.2% ABV; I love strong IPAs... not so keen on dark ales as they often excite my bowels. This one is described as having a "gentle malt character and MINERALITY" and I kind of get that. A lovely ale from ASDA.
Old 11-14-17, 03:00 PM   #99
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Currently going through some of the LIDL Heatherwood ales and tonight it is the turn of the Golden Goose.

Old 12-18-17, 09:33 AM   #100
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Managed to grab the last bottle in the shop of

Dark & Stormy

Brewed by Nøgne Ø (Grimstad, Norway)/Kaapse Brouwers (Rotterdam, the Netherlands)

Spiced Stout 8% ABV

Jet black in the glass no light whatsoever coming through. The nose wasn't really something I picked up. Could be a slight cold coming on but the flavour was a really nice balance of heavily roasted malt, the bitterness of the hops
and a touch of sweetness coming through without becoming dominant. Didn't really pick up the dark rum or ginger but a touch of lime added nicely to the hops. The batch was brewed only 6 months ago and it could have coped well with being stored a tad longer to smooth out the taste but it is a minor issue all in all here.

Most of all, I say this was a proper stout in that they did not hold back on the roasted malt while keeping the bitterness there. Too bad the price and the one-off of the brew keeps me from buying it more or else I def wouldn't mind keeping a few bottles in storage for a couple of years.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 11:12 AM   #101
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

^I wish I could drink dark beer but it makes my bowels gurgle
Old 12-18-17, 12:14 PM   #102
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
^I wish I could drink dark beer but it makes my bowels gurgle
That's too bad. Same goes for a dram glass of a monster stout? Some of the tiny bottles of monster stouts are in my opinion for sharing. Dram glasses not pint glasses.
Old 12-18-17, 01:31 PM   #103
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The most recent dark beer I was fortunate enough to come across (about a month ago was Samuel Smiths, Taddy Porter.

Old 12-18-17, 01:44 PM   #104
Von Due
Sea Lord

^ Haven't had their Taddy but I have had their imperial and it was pretty darn solid. That Taddy looks like one for my bucket list.
Old 12-18-17, 04:14 PM   #105
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The most recent dark beer I was fortunate enough to come across (about a month ago was Samuel Smiths, Taddy Porter.

Looks excellent! I'm a porter fan and becoming a strong supporter of IPA.

This is a strange ale I have tried.
Quote:
Ale from the Old Vale is an English-inspired ale brewed with hops and herbs grown on our farm. The all-malt ale starts dry and bitter, with sweet herbs supplying the balance. Native herbs blue giant hyssop and bee balm produce a big herby aroma.
Kind of has a grassy/hay taste to me.

Tags
beer