SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-09, 06:29 PM   #211
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Day 3
Lights ON

The lights flicker back to life and hurt your eyes for a few seconds.
The sub is cold with out it's heating systems and you did not sleep well.

Some one shout loudly and the survivors run to the games court.
A strange scene presents it's self. The floor is covered in a black ink-like
liquid the consistency of blood and a foul smell fills the room as if it
contained a tonn of rotting fish. The body of Roman2440 lies up against
a wall a few paces from what must have once been his head. There is
something strange about him. His right arm is twice as long as it should
be and comes to a smooth point with no hand at the end. His skin is soft
and damp.

Old 05-23-09, 06:29 PM   #212
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Say, Petty Officers, where did you get that crowbar?

*watches Roman's body as the light comes on*

What the hell is THAT?
Old 05-23-09, 06:29 PM   #213
baggygreen
Sea Lord

Downloads: 7

"Bug juice? that stuff'll kill you! I'll stick with coffee, thanks"

*Responding to the commotion, baggy runs in with the others to see the disaster that used to be Roman, at the same time successfully avoiding Lt Raptor's enquiry about the crowbar he took from gym, the one he smuggled aboard and used to move the type of weights the PO likes to lift*

"God almighty, that ain't natural! where the hell was Jalu3 last night.... I didn't see him in amongst the rest of us in the bar.. Very suspicious lad he is, I haven't trusted him from the moment he boarded our boat."

*Murmuring more quietly, almost to himself but not quite*
"If you ask me, it ought to be him that was lynched, not that task force fella... go with Jalu3"

On that note, I'm off to work for the afternoon, least I got my vote in today!!

Last edited by baggygreen; 05-23-09 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-23-09, 06:32 PM   #214
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

Day 3 more news

As the survivors look around Roman's body they find a second corpse not far away.
No one can tell who it was anymore, but by a process of elimination it must be A Very Super Market.

(Post away!)

Old 05-23-09, 06:39 PM   #215
Raptor1
Navy Seal

*surveys the carnage, then grabs a thin, long stick and pokes at Roman's strange arm*

What could have caused this?
Old 05-23-09, 06:51 PM   #216
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Tarjak joins Raptor1 and examines the scene.

"I'm not sure what did this, but there is something very strange going on here."

Gathing some sample material TarJak checks then double checks the results of the analysis.

"Uhh... This just doesn't make sense..."

"The DNA samples have some very strange anomolies"

Haplo, UnderseaLcpl and Jalu all check the data.

"Aside from the arm, Roman's DNA is not entirely human..."
Old 05-23-09, 07:10 PM   #217
Raptor1
Navy Seal

*stares at TarJak*

Wait, do you reckon he might be...the beast?
Old 05-23-09, 07:13 PM   #218
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

"That is if there is only one of them..."

We need to do more analysis! I'm going to abstain from voting this round as I don't have enough to go on.
Old 05-23-09, 07:21 PM   #219
Nokia
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 131

"I hate to say it but I think we got lucky last night. If Roman was on of the things killing us then at least he is gone, but that also means there must be more. And when I come to think of it does anyone find it strange that the Vice Admiral was wearing a gown and hood when he was found. I'll tell you one thing and that is that something awfully strange is going on and i don't like it.

*Suddenly realizes something and runs to the captains cabin and starts searching the table drawers*

"The bloody thing gotta be here somewhere if someones not taken it already"

*Finds the Vice Admirals personal sidearm, takes it and returns to the bar*

"I suppose the majority of everyone here knows how to use this. If something dangerous is still on the loose in here we better be prepared. I'll be keeping this for now. And I suppose the science team is already working on getting information about Roman and if he actually is one of them or if he just got mutated for some reason."

*With that said realizes another thing*

"Bloody *********n piece of pi**! Roman was part of the rescue crew and if he really is a monster then we must have brought at least one on board! And if there's more and if they did not come on the rescue sub then this whole accident starts to sound planned."

"Oberon I could not help overhearing you and Raptor talking last night when I got up to get my coffee, you were talking about sabotage? If you did I must say I'm starting to agree because this is just too strange to be an accident.!

Old 05-23-09, 07:28 PM   #220
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Not just sabotage, Mr. Nokia, the charges were probably installed during construction, which means that this submarine was designed to sink from the start, that's the only way the damage can be explained. I can't think of why or how someone could place those things, but I also can't shake this feeling that all of this is somehow connected...
Old 05-23-09, 07:33 PM   #221
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
"Dammit Tarjak - you have never listened to me before now, you probably shouldn't start now either."

"All right, Whatever Roman.... was, he obviously wasn't human. Assuming whatever he was - is involved in the killing, then their has to be more than one of them - because AVSM also is dead, and his DNA checks out as human. That means there must be at least one more - if not many more, among us."

"Now my background isn't oceanic biology, but my grandfather who was a fisherman used to tell stories of what he called the "possessed" - and I always laughed those stories off as just that - stories. But now I wonder. He said they held a deadly hatred of airbreathers, because we could do things they couldnt. While they could walk on land and interact with humans, they could never drink anything but salt water from the sea. Even in his last years he always warned me that I should never trust a man who wouldn't drink in front of me...."

"Now, I can't say for sure that he wasn't spinning a seafaring yarn, but at this point I know for a fact there have been a few people here who have not taken a drink of ANYTHING, coffee/whiskey/bug juice or anything that I have seen on this boat. How many can say they saw Roman drink something here in the common bar? I can't."

"So I propose that each who wants to never get my vote for suspicion, right here and now, drink some bug juice, or coffee or whatever, in front of everyone. Anyone who refuses - scientifically would be the only ones who should be suspect. Its not perfect I will grant you, but given the situation... what is?"

*Walks over and pours another cup of bug juice - this time the red kind, and drains it. Then goes through all the other selections to make sure none are made with sea water. Throwing the now fouled cup into the trash bin, I glare at all the rest of you to prove your able to drink like a human.

Captain Haplo
Old 05-23-09, 07:35 PM   #222
Nokia
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 131

"Well if that's the case Raptor this is just getting better and better all the time, I tell you that if we survive I'm writing a book about it, and I bet it's gonna sell by the millions amongst the horror enthusiast. But on a more serious note, if the charges where put there when the vessel was being built either someone higher up knew about it or we are dealing with someone that really know what they are doing. Maybe the government did some crazy medical experiments and ended up with monsters and needed a way to get rid of them."

*Hears what CaptainHaplo says, walks over to the coffee maker and fills his mug and fills it up, then takes his flask from his pocket and puts a little Vat 69 in the coffee*

"Now the only thing I need is creme but that can't be helped, cheers!"

...I'll be back later

Last edited by Letum; 05-23-09 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-23-09, 07:37 PM   #223
Silverraptor
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

*To Raptor*

"Sir, I have no idea what is going on with this place. What with the new grisley scene and everything. But you seem the most in charge here on deciding and getting stuff done. So consider myself at your dissposal.

Also, sir, there is something you may want to know..."

*Takes sips of bug juice while wispering to Raptor*

Old 05-23-09, 07:39 PM   #224
Raptor1
Navy Seal

*grabs a mug of bug juice and drains it*

Really, I've been trying to cut out with the bug juice, I probably drank two dozen mugs of it two days ago...
Old 05-23-09, 07:49 PM   #225
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Looks at nokia...

"You filled the mug - but didnt drink...." *Assumes the cheers means he actually did drink?*

"Silver and Raptor1 - you two are good in my book, and well done!"

Captain Haplo
Closed Thread