SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which version of TSWSM are you looking forward to?
Version 1 156 20.77%
Version 2 79 10.52%
Version 3 29 3.86%
Version 4 77 10.25%
All of them 488 64.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 751. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-09, 10:46 AM   #481
Sniper_Fox
Engineer

Location: North of Malta, shadowing your pretty little C3 Cargo!
Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

bloody uboat addon
Im a one U-boat wolfpack. Ive hit the bottom of the Mediterranian at 250 metres in my VIIC and brought that babe back up, and still made it back to La Spezia. Ive sunk more destroyers than I have merchants...youll wish you never sailed into U-87s hunting grounds. When you pull into port, dont lull yourself into a false sense of security, your mines and subnets are just a petty challenge for my crew and I.
Sniper_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 02:17 PM   #482
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Darkfish - had that problem a lot. Make the playable gun the last one loaded in the .upc file. If that doesn't fix it, make sure you only have one turret with a .cam file - I take it you're adding four ugrade pack guns so they show up in damage screen ? If so, then deleting the other three cam files DOES fix this. If you're not creating four seperate upgrade pack guns, then I'd like to see what it's doing .....so send it over to me and I'll take a look ;-)
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 03:30 PM   #483
polyfiller
Weps

Darkfish - re: the above .... I thought I knew what was going on with human controlled weapons .... but, you'll never guess what just happened during a test with Hood (me) v Bismark (AI) .... atarted off controlling turret B ... then 15 minutes into the exchange (I know I know ... Bismark couldn't find my magazine) ..... my control of the deck gun switched to turret X .... no idea why ... turret B was still fine and firing under AI control. Only thing I did was change aspect ration to the target (turned towards Bosmark to close the range). Not had this before. Wish I could work out how to make it happen ... so we could control mroe than one deck gun.
Old 05-09-09, 01:53 PM   #484
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

I am very sick, so no SCHOOL!!!! sucks cuz I have 1 week left, but, any finished work, that could be sent to me would be much enjoyed!!! I have nothing else to do!!

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 04:16 PM   #485
polyfiller
Weps

Ivan - could upload the ships pack as it stands. Have added much (RN radar, re-balanced armour values, am in process of adding accurate shell data for guns, have added NPC versions of the German cap ships and the RN ones, and modified the armour values to balance with the player versions). Also played with the main sound file for the big guns firing ... sounds a bit funkier now :-)

Still having a frustrating time with ship handling - most ships I get to ride waves (up down movement) properly end up bobbling too much from side to side. The game engine is rubbish in this respect.

Also done much work to test long range gunnery - AI controlled guns on AI ships seem much much more accurate than AI controlled guns on human controlled units. Am currently playing with special abilities and various ranks / qualifications to correct.

Had to do alot of work on the NPC Bismark - damage was not showing well. Need to do same to Tirpitz.

I have no player ships to work on at present. Has anyone got any DD's to send me for damage modelling ?

Also - for the smaller German cruiser & DD classes - if you want them - need to get persmission and models. Only ones I've seen anywhere are in GWX for SHIII.

While I wait for more ships to do I'm going to be;

1) Adding realistic radar loadouts to the German ships.

2) Further testing radar sensitivity & range (game engine also rubbish in this area).

3) Have to configure armour values on some more stock cap ships.
Old 05-09-09, 05:03 PM   #486
ivank
The Old Man

if you can email me your stuff, that would be great!

What did you edit for the gun sound? cause I was going to edit it with a clip
of the Bismarcks guns.

What does "NPC" stand for?

I have permission and models for the ships, I sent everything to Shammer427, I think, to be converted.

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 05-09-09, 05:53 PM   #487
polyfiller
Weps

Sorry NPC - old fashioned term for computer controlled (forget where I first picked it up - may have been Freelancer).

Send me the ships you sent shammer which need to be player controlled, and let's divide them between us to convert.

Can't email you - remember - previous problems. Will upload somewhere tomorrow and will PM with link.
Old 05-09-09, 05:58 PM   #488
Regio Sommergibile
Officer

Downloads: 181

May i ask some infos about the gameplay ?

I'm really interested in this mod, but i wanted to know for instance if we will play campaigns as groups or only as single ships. That should be good as an Axis cruiser but doesn't sounds nice as well for Allies... Also it would be illogic for a capital to go around alone without ASW|AA protection!
Old 05-09-09, 06:21 PM   #489
polyfiller
Weps

Not sure if Ivan has found a way to enable movement in commandable groups. I know you can't define a group with a human controlled unit in a single mission.

Am currently investigating use of the special ability CommandGermanAuxiliaryCruiser but if this comes to nothing, I'm affariad the only way to emulate fleet actions is to have the human player "tag along" with an AI fleet following a pre-determined route.
Old 05-09-09, 07:18 PM   #490
Regio Sommergibile
Officer

Downloads: 181

Thanks, btw my interest was aimed at evading "solo" missions...

As long as your not alone it can only be good to me
Old 05-10-09, 03:15 AM   #491
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Hey guys - someone had asked me a couple months ago for merchant ships that could be used for this mod? Here's the beta for the Merchant Fleet Mod; it includes several replenishment ships like oilers & ammo freighters that might be useful for resupply points. Be advised, these are still in the SH3 format.

Thanks

http://files.filefront.com/MFM+Beta+.../fileinfo.html
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 05:26 PM   #492
ivank
The Old Man

Thank you very much!

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 05-18-09, 01:37 PM   #493
SilentAngel
Mate

Downloads: 10

Any progress updates, hitting the set dates and stuff?

Might show some screenies?

I'm so eagerly waiting for this lol
Running silent,running deep,sink into your silent sleep
SilentAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 01:18 AM   #494
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
Default .

work has been slowed due to problems but it should be soon

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 06:37 AM   #495
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfiller View Post
Darkfish - re: the above .... I thought I knew what was going on with human controlled weapons .... but, you'll never guess what just happened during a test with Hood (me) v Bismark (AI) .... atarted off controlling turret B ... then 15 minutes into the exchange (I know I know ... Bismark couldn't find my magazine) ..... my control of the deck gun switched to turret X .... no idea why ... turret B was still fine and firing under AI control. Only thing I did was change aspect ration to the target (turned towards Bosmark to close the range). Not had this before. Wish I could work out how to make it happen ... so we could control mroe than one deck gun.
heyy man i remeber looking at a member of subsim's signature he had made it so he could use two deck guns but i think it was for sh3 but he could mabye help u the only problem is i dont remebr his name or the thread it was on im looking around now
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote