SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-18-15, 06:59 PM   #16
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

I still have the old astronomy program Celestia installed, so we can post night sky photo's back and forth in this topic, or discuss a useful mini-mod.... lol. At one time in my life I wanted to earn my Graduate degree, my pipe dream of a PhD in Geography, so I do understand these things.

Maybe it would be easier to just send you an edited Help.cfg file - It has the times for the sun, the moon, and the phases. This info is useful in planning attacks, and performing recons, supply drops, etc

Right, .... in Alaska's northern latitudes it should be dark in the winter and daylight in the summer, but of course in-game that is not how it is. It is your 'flat sheet' world.

Someone named greyrider made a mod called, "Combat Information Center". In it were the tables for sunrise & sunset, moon-rise & moon-set, and the moon phases, all tables from 1941-1945.

I added greyrider's tables to my Help.cfg so by rights, greyrider should get the credit for all the work involved in transcribing the Almanac's and adding them to the Help.cfg file. All I did was to personalize the Help file for my setup.
- Dates and times of moon phases 1941-1945.
- Moon nautical almanac, rise and set times for the moon
- sun nautical almanac, rise and set times for the sun
Let me know if you want to look at it.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-15, 08:30 PM   #17
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
The sun shines by its own light so is always full and by some stroke of coincidence the game shows it that way also.

Seriously, I'm not surprised the game gets most of this wrong. If they couldn't be bothered to do the subs' batteries right, why would we expect peripheral elements to be done well.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote