Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-17, 10:20 AM   #1
FlyingTiger
Watch

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0
Default Question about SC mission for Dangerous Waters + RA

Hi folks,
So I am new to this whole game and I did read manuals and other guides to know my way around the sub. I am playing on severomorsk mission (dropping SEAL), with the FF pinging constantly and having to reach the destination at 2200 hours, I have to do at least 7 knots in the 688i. Upon reaching russian water, eventually, I got torpedoed, supposedly by surface ships. So, I deployed passive CM, because I think that torps from surface ships will be doing passive search first, then accelerated to around 10 knots, going sideway to escape torp's search cone. Then along the way, there were more TIW warnings (with my heading at 240, the torps bearings were on my aft, roughly 325- 340) so I dumped more CMs and accelerated to full speed. But in the end I got destroyed. Could anyone please tell me how do I deal with this situation? Thank you.
Old 07-22-17, 10:57 AM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

This mission is not tuned very well for the 688(i). I tried it several times on my YouTube channel with no luck, and it actually spurred me to work on a full remastering of the 688(i) campaign, but no promises as to when that will be done.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 01:11 PM   #3
FlyingTiger
Watch

So, playing as a seawolf is more feasible for this mission?
Is this FPSchazly on youtube? If so, I like your videos. Keep up the good work!.

P/s: there are 2 additional things I see in weapon loadout of US subs in RA, what are mystics? And is it possible to have the mk8 SDV attached and detached from ownship?
Old 07-22-17, 02:20 PM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Yes, that is me, thank you! I have not tried this mission in a Seawolf, but it should definitely be easier in a Seawolf.

The Mystic is one of the DSRVs, the other being the Avalon. I have never fiddled with the SDV, but I would expect it to detach (re: it should)

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 09:24 PM   #5
FlyingTiger
Watch

I tried loading them in a sub (688 AND seawolf), like wth other weapons but the number didn't change from 0 to 1 yet the total weapon count did change to full load. Did another with unloading, it got messy. So I wonder if that was how you do it with these mini subs or they are dependable on mission editor.
Old 07-23-17, 12:57 PM   #6
FlyingTiger
Watch

Feedback from playing Severomorsk with SW. I managed to dodge all the torps from russian patrol crafts and subs. Also managed to "sink" one kilo improved by friendly fire(it was a case of torp in the face, literally ). Arrived at drop off point at around 21:40, It takes approximately 5 minutes for SEAL prep so at 21:45, more or less, they were away. Yet I didn't get any message about SEAL inserted. My suspicion is the undetected non-crit goal. It seems to me, after reading the mission in editor (not yet familiar with it, I might interpret it wrongly) that the sub must be undetected to trigger the SEAL insertion success message. This would be a bit tricky if true, imo, even for SW as it proves to be a much better platform in this particular case.