SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-11, 09:53 AM   #541
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

If someone can get me a decent copy of the complete manual, it will be uploaded immediately.
Old 12-30-11, 11:37 AM   #542
Bis71
Gunner

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I've started converting the Wiki to Word. Everything works except, naturally the hyperlinks. Let me know if this project is legal, worthwhile and what I should do with it when finished.
Old 12-30-11, 01:50 PM   #543
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Since it was a community wiki, with many contributors and available for free, it should be legal. Since many people would like to have it, it should be worthwhile. That you are willing to do the conversion is admirable, and when it is uploaded you will recieve credit for your special work. This is a good thing, I think.

Oh, what format is it in now?
Old 01-05-12, 02:18 PM   #544
Bis71
Gunner

I'm using Word/ I'm almost done copying the major parts but I'm checking the "dee also"s and will clean things up.
Old 01-05-12, 04:45 PM   #545
Bis71
Gunner

OK, I sent the SH3 wiki in Word format to Neal..
Old 02-04-12, 10:37 PM   #546
RobWed
Nub

Downloads: 40
First timer

Here's my required post to meet the improved download limit.

I'm a big fan of community modded simulations.

Running 1.4b with GWX and SH3Commander. This thread was great for getting all that set up.

Had a problem with a kill not attributing to me. Took 33 hours to sink (only had one torpedo and a few flak shells left) but I stuck with it til it went down (not in real time ). The guys yelled she was going down and it showed on the map but nothing in the Captain's log. Added it to the patrol log with SH3 Commander but it wouldn't attribute the kill to the total so I editted patrol.cfg and career.cfg which seems to have worked. Might go back and award myself the appropriate reknown....
RobWed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 10:46 PM   #547
gi_dan2987
Weps

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWed View Post

Running 1.4b with GWX and SH3Commander. This thread was great for getting all that set up.

Had a problem with a kill not attributing to me. Took 33 hours to sink (only had one torpedo and a few flak shells left) but I stuck with it til it went down (not in real time ). The guys yelled she was going down and it showed on the map but nothing in the Captain's log. Added it to the patrol log with SH3 Commander but it wouldn't attribute the kill to the total so I editted patrol.cfg and career.cfg which seems to have worked. Might go back and award myself the appropriate reknown....
Sometimes SH3 is notorious for not properly awarding renown or tonnage, especially early war. There was a time that I sank about 20,000 tons on my first patrol in 1939, and not a single one was credited to me. I edited some files, but then I realized that I could edit all the files and give myself ridiculous renown and tonnage scores. That of course would totally ruin the enjoyment of the game though
gi_dan2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 07:10 AM   #548
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

Welcome to SubSim...pleased your enjoying the GWXperience

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 06:18 AM   #549
RobWed
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_dan2987 View Post
Sometimes SH3 is notorious for not properly awarding renown or tonnage, especially early war. There was a time that I sank about 20,000 tons on my first patrol in 1939, and not a single one was credited to me. I edited some files, but then I realized that I could edit all the files and give myself ridiculous renown and tonnage scores. That of course would totally ruin the enjoyment of the game though
Ya, found the renown for a medium cargo in the roster (190) and awarded myself that! There's a difference between being able to do anything and actually doing it !
Old 02-06-12, 06:21 AM   #550
RobWed
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Welcome to SubSim...pleased your enjoying the GWXperience
Enjoying it all but the canal!

I can't get time compression above 4 which makes it unplayable. (I'm reading the forums while I'm waiting for the sub to complete passage!)
Old 02-06-12, 12:49 PM   #551
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Enjoying it all but the canal!

I can't get time compression above 4 which makes it unplayable. (I'm reading the forums while I'm waiting for the sub to complete passage!)
Install SH3 Commander and in the Options go to time compression and change the When Near Land setting to 1024.

Old 02-06-12, 01:20 PM   #552
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Install SH3 Commander and in the Options go to time compression and change the When Near Land setting to 1024.
Now why the bloody hell did I never think of that, I always hated the kanal for that reason. Nice one Jim, as the saying goes.... 'You're never too old to learn'

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 01:39 PM   #553
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Now why the bloody hell did I never think of that, I always hated the kanal for that reason. Nice one Jim, as the saying goes.... 'You're never too old to learn'

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
None of us is as clever as all of us

Old 02-11-12, 04:47 AM   #554
Esanssi
Sailor man

Downloads: 21

Hello all, and let me start off with saying that I'm so glad I found this thread.

Bought SH3 from Steam yesterday and installed GWX. Followed all the instructions and whatnot so hopefully when I get the chance later on to test it it'll work withouth a hitch.

I'm sure I'll be consulting this thread veeeery often in the future, haha.

Edit #1
: Well, apparently it was rather naive of me to think it would work "out of the box". First of all the game crashes every time I quit the game in the main menu. That's really no problem since I was quitting the game anyway. The real problem came when I tried to do some of the naval academy missions so I'd get to grips with the controls etc.

I'd done the navigation tutorial before, so I skipped that and went straight for the artillery one. Attacked the first merchant ship, managed to get like 5 shots off and then the game CTD.

I'm running SH3 off Steam(I'm assuming it's 1.4b because GWX works), GWX 3.0 Gold modded on top of that and the Das Boot Sound Mod on top of that.
Although I'm not hearing much das bootiness in the sounds because everyone still speaks english.. All installed through JSGME in the Mods folder(no double folders), so by all logic, they SHOULD be working. Gonna try disabling DBSM from JSGME and giving 'vanilla' GWX a try.

Last edited by Esanssi; 02-11-12 at 05:51 AM.
Esanssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 08:10 AM   #555
gi_dan2987
Weps

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esanssi View Post
Hello all, and let me start off with saying that I'm so glad I found this thread.

Bought SH3 from Steam yesterday and installed GWX. Followed all the instructions and whatnot so hopefully when I get the chance later on to test it it'll work withouth a hitch.

I'm sure I'll be consulting this thread veeeery often in the future, haha.

Edit #1
: Well, apparently it was rather naive of me to think it would work "out of the box". First of all the game crashes every time I quit the game in the main menu. That's really no problem since I was quitting the game anyway. The real problem came when I tried to do some of the naval academy missions so I'd get to grips with the controls etc.

I'd done the navigation tutorial before, so I skipped that and went straight for the artillery one. Attacked the first merchant ship, managed to get like 5 shots off and then the game CTD.

I'm running SH3 off Steam(I'm assuming it's 1.4b because GWX works), GWX 3.0 Gold modded on top of that and the Das Boot Sound Mod on top of that.
Although I'm not hearing much das bootiness in the sounds because everyone still speaks english.. All installed through JSGME in the Mods folder(no double folders), so by all logic, they SHOULD be working. Gonna try disabling DBSM from JSGME and giving 'vanilla' GWX a try.
Try totally reinstalling GWX3. I had the same problem when I first installed it. If that doesn't work, make sure your internet connection is totally uninterrupted, and reinstall stock SH3, then GWX3
gi_dan2987 is offline   Reply With Quote