SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-15, 09:01 PM   #1
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166
Uploads: 0
Default Medal fix stock by latency

I have the mod but when I enable it using jsgme it makes the chrono the size of a teacup.How do I stop that from happening??..I am currently running tmo 2.5 and the smaller chrono is what I want to keep..
Old 05-21-15, 01:23 PM   #2
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
I don't think you need any medal fix for TMO 2.5, so you can stop using that medal fix, and keep the chrono you like. Furthermore, that medal fix is for Stock SH4, not modded SH4, so there may be a lot of things missing in TMO if you're using a mod for Stock on top of TMO.

The medal fix and correct order of precedence were incorporated into TMO early on... back when it was still TM.

Also, CaptScurvy made his beautiful medal's mod, and TMO might have asked to use it?? I don't know.
Yes, my medal fix and the correct order of precedence is in TMO 2.5. Ducimus and I were working on the same kind of mod years ago, he asked to use mine when I discovered how to correct the order of presentation of the award.

The "Latency Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - TMO" mod does not fix the order as my original one does. Frankly, Latency's mod is a rip off of mine from a year earlier (U.S. Medals Fix II_Stock), yet for some reason his didn't fix the order of precedence that is so important to getting the correct award when their handed out.

He steals another man's mod, claims his is far superior, then blows out of town....not to be heard of again.

Both RFB 2.0 and TMO 2.5 use my mod files.....yet be assured it wasn't all my doing. I only found some corrections, and made additions, to the award system. There are many more folks that had a hand in correcting the stock game award system. Like always, it takes several attempts to make a light bulb.

Not like Latency, who as he likes to tell it "There were a couple other attempts from modders which I had also looked at and those were just plain crap".

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15, 02:19 PM   #3
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

I deleted my post because your answer says it all - much better!

Yes, some of us know the hours (& weeks & months) poured into fixing the awards system by so many. Your work stands out, and I thought Duci (& RFB) incorporated your work, he recognized good mods and talent when he saw it.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15, 07:15 PM   #4
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166
Uploads: 0
Default Capn Scurvy..

I deleted his and installed yours now where is the compass indicator and about that big clock still there and the hud dials are 1/4 smaller...How do I fix them...I would stay with tmo 2.5 medals but my people cannot be awarded anything higher than the navcom..
Old 05-22-15, 07:29 AM   #5
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine View Post
I deleted his and installed yours now where is the compass indicator and about that big clock still there and the hud dials are 1/4 smaller...How do I fix them...I would stay with tmo 2.5 medals but my people cannot be awarded anything higher than the navcom..
The U.S. Medals Fix II_Stock mod is only to be used with the stock game. It only corrects/changes the award system.

You want a smaller clock, larger HUD dials, a compass indicator? You either find additional mods that correct what you want, or go back to using TMO 2.5. TMO 2.5 has the "U.S. Medals Fix II" mod already in it. I'd stick with it if I were you.

As far as the Navy Commendation Medal being the only medal given out to your peeps? Got to do a little more than what you've been doing Mister! Now go scrub the head!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote