SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Submarine Scale Models: Subs, Naval, Tanks, Planes, Trains, Space & Other
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-15, 09:55 PM   #31
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I don't know if they have changed it.

When I bought the model some years ago the first thing I did and always do, see if everything is there.

There I noticed a little mistake.

Instead of USS it was US. BB 62 New Jersey

Have always seen this USS on military ships. There are some ship that doesn't have this USS.

Edit If you wonder what I'm talking about, it's this little display with the ships name on.

Markus

I just noticed it says US BB 62 NEW JERSEY, Lame. Tamiya is usually so great. I love the sharpness and fit of thec asting but these minor errors and the lack of detail is kindve lame for a Tamiya model.

I had a new idea to make the guns elevate. Steal Revells Mighty Mo' system where all 3 guns are in the turret and hinge on a little C casting. Ill extend the back of the guns with square rod, seperate the guns with round rod build the C channel by heat-treating some bent .030 sheet and then cut out the gun mounts so it can elevate. I would prefer each gun to traverse indivdually but after testing the way I built it above it broke after about 50 iterations. Tear it all out and start fresh.

Tags
model