Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-10, 10:28 AM   #76
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafireliv View Post
This is totally ridiculous paranoia from you and some others. I am not buying SH5 while this draconian DRM exists, but i most certainly haven`t voted here to derail anything because it don`t apply to me since I don`t have the game. And i`m not the only one. I wasn`t even going to post in this thread until I saw your silly statement.

I guess if the Poll showed that 99% of people loved the game you`d be happy with that even if people voted who hadn`t bought it.

Get a grip.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 10:34 AM   #77
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
After the 4th I expect hopefully there will be some honest posters who will also express their disapointment and not just be an asskisser.

Long Live Real Subsimers.

Where do you get off thinking you can insult everyone who does not agree with every word you post. You really need to work on your social skills, friend.

"Real Subsimers"? I doubt you understand the true meaning of that term.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 03-02-10 at 11:11 AM.
Bilge_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 10:35 AM   #78
Gunnodayak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
This is totally ridiculous paranoia from you and some others. I am not buying SH5 while this draconian DRM exists, but i most certainly haven`t voted here to derail anything because it don`t apply to me since I don`t have the game. And i`m not the only one. I wasn`t even going to post in this thread until I saw your silly statement.

I guess if the Poll showed that 99% of people loved the game you`d be happy with that even if people voted who hadn`t bought it.

Get a grip.
I am one of those who are hugely disappointed by the game and Neal accused me that I don't have the game and asked me in a rude manner to prove him. Maybe I should start a poll with a title something like this, since it seems to be polls time anyway: "What do you think, should I embarrass Neal by posting a picture with me and the game or I shouldn't?" ?
Old 03-02-10, 10:53 AM   #79
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Quote:

Get a grip.
Paranoia?

There had been many cases of people trying to influence the bying decision of members here by posting threads about ''support your ............don't buy SH5'' and threads about ''boycott SH5'' that been closed quickly.

So since this is a secret vote, I don't see any reason why those few people would quit this behaviour.

Unless I missed something I did not see any case of people trying to influence the bying decision of members here by posting threads about ''support the SH franchise, buy SH5''

There is always the possibility that people vote without even trying it, particularly when this is a secret vote (no matter very good or very bad).
Méo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 10:55 AM   #80
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnodayak View Post
I am one of those who are hugely disappointed by the game and Neal accused me that I don't have the game and asked me in a rude manner to prove him. Maybe I should start a poll with a title something like this, since it seems to be polls time anyway: "What do you think, should I embarrass Neal by posting a picture with me and the game or I shouldn't?" ?
If you think you have something to gain from it, by all means prove your claim.

Quote:
The novelity of this game will wear off in about 6 mo's.
As with III and 4, and hence, mods.

Quote:
It's sad what could've been. After the 4th I expect hopefully there will be some honest posters who will also express their disapointment and not just be an asskisser.
I don't think there's too many people who haven't expressed disappointment. I know I have. I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, though, because I see the potential in this game from the modding tools.

All in all, I think it's a good compromise - Ubi gets to cater to the masses by making a Hollywood-ish game, while at the same time giving us sim fans modding tools aplenty so we can turn it into what we want.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 11:02 AM   #81
Thomen
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 14
Default Map question

Not sure, if it was mentioned or asked before..

I would appreciate if someone could answer the following:

All screenshots I saw so far of the in game map show latitude and longitude but no grid reference.

Are positions in radio messages given in l&l, KM grid or can you set them to one or the other? Does SH5 uses the grid map at all?

Thanks!
Thomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 11:09 AM   #82
Gunnodayak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
If you think you have something to gain from it, by all means prove your claim.
No, I don't have something to gain from that and even I am not the biggest fan of the owner of the forum, I respect him enough not to put him in an embarrassing position in which he should pay me apologies. That wouldn't be a very good position for the owner of the forum to the public perception. I am pretty pissed already that I've thrown my money down the toilet.
Old 03-02-10, 11:09 AM   #83
frenema
Torpedoman

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Méo View Post
Paranoia?

There had been many cases of people trying to influence the bying decision of members here by posting threads about ''support your ............don't buy SH5'' and threads about ''boycott SH5'' that been closed quickly.

So since this is a secret vote, I don't see any reason why those few people would quit this behaviour.

Unless I missed something I did not see any case of people trying to influence the bying decision of members here by posting threads about ''support the SH franchise, buy SH5''

There is always the possibility that people vote without even trying it, particularly when this is a secret vote (no matter very good or very bad).
So what? There's been many posts of people saying how much they will love this game before they even played it and people saying that they would buy it no matter what to support the series. And not to mention the fact that Ubisoft people (who are the ones with an agenda) can easily create an account to vote. I'm not saying that there aren't people pissed enough to vote Bad when they haven't even played it, but the opposite possibility is there too. So please stop with this witch hunt accusing people based on your hunch (which does amount to paranoia) just because more people voted less favorably than YOU wanted them to.
frenema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 11:09 AM   #84
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Paranoia?

Just because someone has asked people to support their opinion/position does not necessarily mean they are trying to influence you or that they will try and deceive others into thinking they own a product and thus alter the accuracy of a poll. Are there those that would do this, sure there are, but your statement seem to imply that everyone who has voiced a negative position against SHV will do so.

Gunnodayak, I don't think Neal accused you, though his post did imply that he is doubtful and thus asked for proof. Ii can understand why you may feel "insulted" but nothing that he typed was actually insulting in the way it was worded. And yes, do post a picture and prove him wrong! Some here are a lot more cynical, and probably based on their own experience, than others. I always considered myself cynical but I pale in comparison to some here!
Old 03-02-10, 11:12 AM   #85
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Quote:
No, I don't have something to gain from that and even I am not the biggest fan of the owner of the forum, I respect him enough not to put him in an embarrassing position in which he should pay me apologies. That wouldn't be a very good for the owner of the forum to the public perception. I am pretty pissed already that I've thrown my money down the toilet.
Neal has a tough hull, I don't think he'll be embarrassed at all. But I still think you should if only to show that there are people that have bought it and do have a negative opinion of it.
Old 03-02-10, 11:15 AM   #86
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Quote:
but your statement seem to imply that everyone who has voiced a negative position against SHV will do so.
You used the word everyone and used the words few people.

Seems like you missed my point.

----

Edit: there was absolutely no offence intended in this post.

Last edited by Méo; 03-02-10 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-02-10, 11:19 AM   #87
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

Easy guys...easy

Old 03-02-10, 11:27 AM   #88
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
No, I don't have something to gain from that and even I am not the biggest fan of the owner of the forum, I respect him enough not to put him in an embarrassing position in which he should pay me apologies. That wouldn't be a very good position for the owner of the forum to the public perception.
I seriously doubt most posters here would support you over Neal or even expect him to apologize. If you are not happy with this forum, you are always free to start your own and pay for it out of your own pocket as Neal does...

Quote:
I am pretty pissed already that I've thrown my money down the toilet.
considering your prior opinion:

Quote:
Simply horrible, arcade RPG style game ...
I'm surprised you rushed out to buy it so quickly or why you would be disapointed by what you found...I'm sure Ubisoft is happy though...
Old 03-02-10, 11:30 AM   #89
Heretic
Commodore

Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
I'm surprised you rushed out to buy it so quickly...
... especially after leaving a trail of threads saying you wouldn't buy it.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 11:33 AM   #90
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenema View Post
Quote:
Paranoia?

So what? There's been many posts of people saying how much they will love this game before they even played it and people saying that they would buy it no matter what to support the series. And not to mention the fact that Ubisoft people (who are the ones with an agenda) can easily create an account to vote. I'm not saying that there aren't people pissed enough to vote Bad when they haven't even played it, but the opposite possibility is there too. So please stop with this witch hunt accusing people based on your hunch (which does amount to paranoia) just because more people voted less favorably than YOU wanted them to.

Quote:
Paranoia?