SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-10, 03:29 PM   #496
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
YOU IDIOT
Hey, no insults please!

Each can sometimes happen, that he confused the one with the other!!!!!

Or you are free of errors?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 10-07-10, 10:24 PM   #497
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hey, no insults please!

Each can sometimes happen, that he confused the one with the other!!!!!

Or you are free of errors?

Best regards,
Magic
I think before I post. And I shut my mouth when others are asking for help and I have nothing to offer to help.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 10:57 PM   #498
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
I reinstalled SHC and Cfg files. My career Kpt shows but no buttons at bottom of screen.

I can't take a screenshot as this Laptop is set up for offline gameing.

No internet, antivirus... Nothing to run in background.

There's nothing showing to tick to launch my career.

No Rollback button or Setting Options button showing.

If you can show me a screenshot I can tell you exactly whats not showing
As I asked in my PM, are you running normal or large sized fonts? Given your screen resolution is presumably at 1024x768 and SH3Cmdr is only 857x621, then the only likely cause is running fonts greater than standard size.

Alternatively, how large is your task bar? If you dock it to one side, do the buttons appear? If your task bar is greater than about 150 pixels high, it will overlay SH3Cmdr.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 05:51 PM   #499
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Default SHC shuts down after loading SH3

So I run SHC, everything seems ok. Then i use it to launch SH3, and SHC shutsdown. SH3 loads ok, but none of the settings from SHC are present.

It used to stay open during the game. I don't remember changing anything that would affect this. I have reinstalled SHC.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Specs: (Sorry )

Win XP,
C2D 1.6m
4gb Ram
7800 (?) GTX
1 tb Raid 5 drive array

GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
Water_Stream_for_Uboats_V4
LifeBoats&Debris_v3B
Longer Repair Times 2.04 (All)
WB's Decks Awash + Fuel Economy
Pato3000m
GWX3.0 Additional_Ammo

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 07:19 PM   #500
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Not sure what you mean by SH3 Commander continuing to run during the game - do you mean that when you launched the game from Commander and then exited the game, the Commander interface window would still be open just where you left it?

Cuz that's not what it does on my install - if I want to do anything in Commander after exiting the game, I have to reopen the program. I always assumed that it shut itself down after launching the game's .exe file, it certainly shuts the window down by itself when the game loads on my rig. And all the changes that Commander should be making to the game are in there.

This may be a stupid question that doesn't need asking, and please don't take offense if it is - but when you say you are using Commander to start SH3 - you do mean that you're clicking the check mark in the bottom right corner of the interface, the one that says "Launch SH3!" when you put the mouse cursor over it. Right?
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 12:03 AM   #501
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Not sure what you mean by SH3 Commander continuing to run during the game - do you mean that when you launched the game from Commander and then exited the game, the Commander interface window would still be open just where you left it?

Cuz that's not what it does on my install - if I want to do anything in Commander after exiting the game, I have to reopen the program. I always assumed that it shut itself down after launching the game's .exe file, it certainly shuts the window down by itself when the game loads on my rig. And all the changes that Commander should be making to the game are in there.

This may be a stupid question that doesn't need asking, and please don't take offense if it is - but when you say you are using Commander to start SH3 - you do mean that you're clicking the check mark in the bottom right corner of the interface, the one that says "Launch SH3!" when you put the mouse cursor over it. Right?
Yeah, i use the button.

Up until abotu a week ago, the SHC window stayed open in the background. Now it closes itself. And most (If not all) the changes i've made in SHC, like fatigue model, dont get applied. Since I've setup my crew to run on no fatigue (see other threads :P), this is really annoying.

EDIT: things like fatigue model and skip intro movies wasn't being applied.

I just turned off the auto-rollback feature, and SHC stayed up this time..... lets see if it works.

EDIT2: Ok it skipped the movies. Hopefully the rest of the changes will be made. Having not played in about a week due to this is getting annoying.

Old 11-18-10, 01:30 AM   #502
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

SH3Cmdr DOES NOT stay open when SH3 is running...unless, perhaps you are running a very old version of SH3Cmdr (ie pre 3.x), in which case I can't remember, or care, what it does.

SH3Cmdr does not even load SH3.exe directly. It loads a small TSR which in turn loads SH3.exe. As soon as SH3Cmdr runs the TSR, SH3Cmdr closes.

I suspect you have a rollback problem or other file integrity issue if changes are not appearing in game, especially if, as you state, SH3Cmdr used to stay open. Again, unless you are using a very old version of SH3Cmdr (in which case STOP!), this won't occur.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 03:02 AM   #503
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

I checked for updates, and I'm using the current version.

Unchecked auto-rollback, and it stayed open this time, and the files got updated correctly, and I'm enjoying the game again. ::shrug::

I'll see what I can find, but it's not really broken per se.

I'll just have to edit the preset .cfg file that SHC provides (can't remember it's name off the top of my head), and not the basic.cfg anymore.

Old 11-18-10, 10:52 AM   #504
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Here's a quick suggestion if there's ever a new update for SH3Commander.

On the Personnel file, instead of having the U-boat damages showing as percentage -- U-boat damaged (H.I. 66.92%) -- it could read: U-boat slightly damaged, moderately damaged, heavily damaged, etc.

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-10, 12:55 PM   #505
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

That's pretty board based IMHO....what is the 5 range between slightly and moderately for example?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-10, 01:36 PM   #506
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

I thinking something similar to h.sie's Colored Hull Integrity Indicator would work:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1230035

Not perfect but it would be more realistic to have that on a report than having double decimal percentages assigned for each damaged rivet or bullet hole.

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 06:06 AM   #507
ShadowOps
Mate

Downloads: 73

Hello, I have recently updated my SHC from an older version (I got it in mid 2009 I believe) and I have been wondering how to get such detailed Captains Logs. The ones that show Cargo, Crew, Crew Killed, Location, Other Miscellaneous Details, etc. I have been told that you can get that by using the newest SHC and doing something with the Patrol Log, but I have looked and see nothing. How are these types of Logs obtained, I like the immersion.
ShadowOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 08:26 AM   #508
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOps View Post
Hello, I have recently updated my SHC from an older version (I got it in mid 2009 I believe) and I have been wondering how to get such detailed Captains Logs. The ones that show Cargo, Crew, Crew Killed, Location, Other Miscellaneous Details, etc. I have been told that you can get that by using the newest SHC and doing something with the Patrol Log, but I have looked and see nothing. How are these types of Logs obtained, I like the immersion.
In Commander's options, select "Use real ship names" and Commander will flesh out your patrol logs with real ship data when you update your kaleun's Personnal File at the end of each patrol.

You must update your Personnel File first, as this is what triggers Commander to add the real ship data to your patrol logs.

The real ship data is in a file that was included with the latest version of Commander, so the info is already there in the program. However Sailor Steve updates the shipnames file every so often to add more ships and data. You can find the most recent version here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2746
Old 12-05-10, 08:31 PM   #509
ShadowOps
Mate

Downloads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
In Commander's options, select "Use real ship names" and Commander will flesh out your patrol logs with real ship data when you update your kaleun's Personnal File at the end of each patrol.

You must update your Personnel File first, as this is what triggers Commander to add the real ship data to your patrol logs.

The real ship data is in a file that was included with the latest version of Commander, so the info is already there in the program. However Sailor Steve updates the shipnames file every so often to add more ships and data. You can find the most recent version here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2746
Thank You Frau, I love the Ship Names.
ShadowOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-10, 10:08 PM   #510
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

You're very welcome. Now get out there and sink 'em all!

Tags
sh3 commander