SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-17, 07:06 PM   #1
DuckHunter26
Swabbie

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
radar unexpected encounter question

Hello everyone!

First, I would like to say hi to the community. I am new to sub sims, and have been playing Sh3 for the past week, enjoying every second of it!

Also, just a heads up, I am not very familiar with posting on forums, so if this post is in the wrong section it was not my intention to do harm.

Now, I have ran into a little... unexpected problem.

I just got out of Kiel for my 5th patrol ever. Having last night finally caught on to manual targeting/charting and having sunk my first 30000 tons with manual input. So now I start this one, and as I exit the kiel channel for the open sea at full speed, I find myself face to face with an allied submarine, alone, in the middle of nowhere 3 km away.

My question is, how am I supposed to sink it?? Are there subs in the recon manual for targeting purposes?

I fired off a fish that went way wild, and surfaced to engage with deck gun, but man these guys can shoot back, plus I ran out of ammo. Good thing is they did too, and I had to finish it off with the flak gun. Basically I am just asking you ol' skippers and sub vets what is your general course of action when facing this type of situation? Can they shoot torps as well? I admit this had me flabbergasted.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I am using GWX mod.

Last edited by DuckHunter26; 04-16-17 at 08:28 PM.
DuckHunter26 is offline   Reply With Quote