Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-10, 01:53 AM   #1
bamzors
Seaman

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0
Default Does the DRM mean you can't exchange the game?

Sorry this is another boring DRM topic, but I have searched the forums and the interweb to try and get a decent answe but there are so many thousands of posts complaining about the ubisoft DRM I can't find an actual answer...

I've been given a legit *used* copy of Silent Hunter 5, with the original DVD, its original manual, in the original case. But after the install and registering a Ubisoft account I get the message something like 'This cd-key has already been used' (which makes a certain amount of sense - my brother already used the software).

And I see on the 'REGISTER PRODUCT' screen I get when I launch SH5 it mentions "Note that this will tie your game to this account".

Does this mean the only way you can transfer the game is to transfer the Ubisoft account with it?? Or those of you with working accounts do you know if you can do something online to transfer the licence?

Please I do *not* intend this thread to be a DRM rant - just want to know if I'm out of luck running this copy of the game (well, in that case I'll borrow my brother's online account, but that seems a bit lame).

Thanks... Bamzors
bamzors is offline   Reply With Quote