SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-16, 06:41 PM   #16
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timman2112 View Post
I'm using the GeForce drivers since the Nvidia card does all the heavy lifting for all my games. It's funny because I've had trouble with older Ubisoft games before (like Splinter Cell) where it wasn't playing nicely with the Nvidia card and would blue screen every once in a while.
I wasn't able to find any new information. The dump boiled down to an NTOSKrnl error, which is pretty generic. Have you tried running it in compatibility mode for something like WinXP SP2?

Other things that I read about in researching it stated possible issues with no longer native resolutions, and pushing too many frames per second, but I'm using an Nvidia card as well with no issues. An article I read also talked about using a utility to slow down / pin the frame rates at 30 or 32. You could try using Nvidia Inspector to try to lock the game's frame rates down and see if that helps.

All of this is now experimentation. lol. Wanna give those things a shot and post back?

Edit: There's also a setting in Nvidia control panel under "Adjust desktop size and position". In that section there is a "Scaling" option. You could also try adjusting the scaling mode and whether the scaling is performed on the GPU or the display. Again, don't know if this will help but it's worth a try. For reference, my desktop is set for Aspect Ration and GPU scaling. You could also try adjusting refresh rates.

Last edited by siege00; 02-22-16 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Last minute thoughts...
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote