SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-16, 10:56 AM   #46
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Brady is just one of those guys that other like to see fail. I like Brady and would love to have him throwing for my team but.....the tantrums need to stop. So, the deflategate was a gotcha moment. At any rate, there is no doubt Brady is the best QB the game has seen so why deflate balls, record the other team secretly and other assorted craziness to win games when it is not needed?
Old 12-14-16, 01:10 PM   #47
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

New England vs Baltimore Monday night football 12-12-16

What a great pass this was:
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 02:42 PM   #48
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Yes it was! Brady does keep fighting and does not like losing. The Ravens were back in it and Brady took it to task. Hard fought game!
Old 12-14-16, 06:08 PM   #49
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Brady is just one of those guys that other like to see fail. I like Brady and would love to have him throwing for my team but.....the tantrums need to stop. So, the deflategate was a gotcha moment. At any rate, there is no doubt Brady is the best QB the game has seen so why deflate balls, record the other team secretly and other assorted craziness to win games when it is not needed?
Tantrums? Is that what you say when you want to try and shame people into shutting up about an injustice? Well you had better get used to them because Patriots nation is never ever going to let this go until Goodell is canned and the league apologizes for besmirching the reputation of our team with false charges. If anything this Steeler incident and the leagues reaction or lack thereof only proves it.

Because a "gotcha moment" assumes that the NFL actually had a case which it did not by a long stretch. That is why Judge Berman originally vacated the suspension. The truth is the league conducted a highly flawed and biased "investigation" (read witch hunt) that ignored the scientific facts (see Ideal Gas Law). The subsequent appeal and reinstatement of the suspension was never about the merits of that case but whether the PA allowed the league to do whatever they wanted regardless of the facts which it does. Had it been about actually proving their ridiculous charges they would have laughed out of court and you know it.

And what about the random pressure testing the league was supposed to introduce that was going to prove the leagues claim? Why are they keeping the results a secret? Why are they being so quick to dismiss the Steelers incident? Could it be because they actually prove the Patriots innocence? I think it does and there will be no peace until the league comes clean.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 10:16 AM   #50
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Tantrums? Is that what you say when you want to try and shame people into shutting up about an injustice? Well you had better get used to them because Patriots nation is never ever going to let this go until Goodell is canned and the league apologizes for besmirching the reputation of our team with false charges. If anything this Steeler incident and the leagues reaction or lack thereof only proves it.

Because a "gotcha moment" assumes that the NFL actually had a case which it did not by a long stretch. That is why Judge Berman originally vacated the suspension. The truth is the league conducted a highly flawed and biased "investigation" (read witch hunt) that ignored the scientific facts (see Ideal Gas Law). The subsequent appeal and reinstatement of the suspension was never about the merits of that case but whether the PA allowed the league to do whatever they wanted regardless of the facts which it does. Had it been about actually proving their ridiculous charges they would have laughed out of court and you know it.

And what about the random pressure testing the league was supposed to introduce that was going to prove the leagues claim? Why are they keeping the results a secret? Why are they being so quick to dismiss the Steelers incident? Could it be because they actually prove the Patriots innocence? I think it does and there will be no peace until the league comes clean.
Yes, tantrums. Brady throws his helmet and towel on the bench huffing as he did in the first quarter with the Ravens? This as a result of his receiver missing the catch or a ref call did not go out for interference. It is a poorly executed play. Brady's reaction is not what I call passion for the play. Just one man's opinion.

And for the record....I would love to have Brady as QB for the Ravens.

Concerning deflate gate, something must have been found hence the game suspensions. It can not be laughable as Brady accepted the suspensions. I do not know much more about it other than he took the suspensions. Also, illegal recordings of the the opposing team was confirmed as well. The only difference here is the Patriots got caught. I'm certain other teams do a lot of things(cheating) unbecoming good sportsmanship. It comes down to getting caught I guess.

The Steelers and proving innocence appears to a conspiracy theory perhaps? The Patriots might want to make peace about it as they will be scrutinized much more closely. Just human nature.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 12-15-16 at 10:25 AM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 04:25 PM   #51
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Yes, tantrums. Brady throws his helmet and towel on the bench huffing as he did in the first quarter with the Ravens? This as a result of his receiver missing the catch or a ref call did not go out for interference. It is a poorly executed play. Brady's reaction is not what I call passion for the play. Just one man's opinion.
You gave me the impression the tantrums comment was in regards to deflate gate. Now it's about a players in game reaction to something completely different. I won't defend or criticize a player showing a little emotion on the side lines.

Quote:
And for the record....I would love to have Brady as QB for the Ravens.
Never! Pats fans would break his arms before we let him put on a purple jersey!

Quote:
Concerning deflate gate, something must have been found hence the game suspensions. It can not be laughable as Brady accepted the suspensions. I do not know much more about it other than he took the suspensions.
He had no choice but to take the suspensions. He went to court to stop them and he did manage to delay them for over a year. He even got a judge to toss the suspension out because the leagues case against him was laughably weak, but the league pointed out in their court appeal that the way the Player Agreement is written they don't have to make their case. The PA allows them to pronounce summary judgement and penalize players as much as they want without having to prove anything. If the league wanted they could suspend every member of the Ravens for as many games as they want with no reason at all. It's something that ought to be changed and i expect will be the next time they negotiate a new PA but that's how it reads now.

Quote:
Also, illegal recordings of the the opposing team was confirmed as well. The only difference here is the Patriots got caught. I'm certain other teams do a lot of things(cheating) unbecoming good sportsmanship. It comes down to getting caught I guess.
They had just instituted the rule the year before that you can't film from the sideline. Move the camera 10ft back into the 1st row of the stands and it's (still) legal. In any case it was wrong and they paid a huge price for it. But I guess they can never pay enough if it's still going to be held over our heads almost a decade later.

Quote:
The Steelers and proving innocence appears to a conspiracy theory perhaps? The Patriots might want to make peace about it as they will be scrutinized much more closely. Just human nature.
Meh, the Patriots are scrutinized far more closely than any other team already. As long as they keep winning I figure the league will continue to find or invent excuses to trip them up. But that's ok, we don't mind being the bad boys of the league as long as we keep bringing home those Belich,... err i mean, Lombardi trophies!

Old 12-16-16, 09:28 AM   #52
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Just two take aways from you post, August. Brady does a lot more that a little bit of emotion on the sidelines.

The dark side of Tom Brady

Tom shows emotions on every part of the field and with vigor.

Which brings me to the second take away. I think the Patriots are more closely watched and scrutinized as a result of Brady's emotions on the field.
Old 12-16-16, 02:43 PM   #53
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

Time for my annual one NFL post...

Go browns...... sigh....

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 05:05 PM   #54
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Just two take aways from you post, August. Brady does a lot more that a little bit of emotion on the sidelines.

The dark side of Tom Brady

Tom shows emotions on every part of the field and with vigor.

Which brings me to the second take away. I think the Patriots are more closely watched and scrutinized as a result of Brady's emotions on the field.
Well I suppose it's possible although Brady is certainly not alone in the emotion department. After all didn't Payton Manning chew out 70,000 fans because they were being too loud? But I figure it's more likely the Pat's winning ways. Looser teams are strongly motivated to come up with excuses and nobody want's to explain to their fan base that their team just sucks.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...to-quiet-crowd

Old 12-16-16, 06:31 PM   #55
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Well I suppose it's possible although Brady is certainly not alone in the emotion department. After all didn't Payton Manning chew out 70,000 fans because they were being too loud? But I figure it's more likely the Pat's winning ways. Looser teams are strongly motivated to come up with excuses and nobody want's to explain to their fan base that their team just sucks.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...to-quiet-crowd
It may be the "winning ways" that got the team in this position. Although some of the ways are good. Defensive coordinator is very good. Kept the Ravens offense guessing.
Old 12-17-16, 12:40 AM   #56
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
It may be the "winning ways" that got the team in this position. Although some of the ways are good. Defensive coordinator is very good. Kept the Ravens offense guessing.
By winning ways I mean:

Quote:
Since Bill Belichick was hired as the team’s head coach in 2000, the Patriots have finished first or second in the AFC East every year except Belichick’s first season, with both second-place finishes caused by tiebreakers. Over that time, they have won four Super Bowls, six AFC Championship Games, and thirteen AFC East titles, while amassing a regular season record of 175–65. The team's quarterback over that same period, Tom Brady, has been awarded the NFL Most Valuable Player (MVP) twice and the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player three times; he is one of only four men named Super Bowl MVP more than once.
The Patriots under Belichick have won four Super Bowl championships (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, and XLIX). They also played in and lost Super Bowls XX, XXXI, XLII, and Super Bowl XLVI. During the 2007 regular season, the Patriots became the only NFL team in history to win 16 games, and the first since the 1972 Miami Dolphins (in a 14-game season) to complete the regular campaign undefeated. Belichick’s Patriots are one of only two teams to win three Super Bowls in four years (the other being the Dallas Cowboys from 1993 to 1996).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...triots_seasons

Old 12-18-16, 09:57 AM   #57
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Just looked @ Sunday Christmas day schedule for NFL

Broncos at the Chief's

NBC Sunday night football 5:20 pst
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-16, 08:45 AM   #58
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

It is a glowing review of the facts overshadowed by controversy concerning cheating. As a result, Tom Brady and the Patriots we be remembered for the controversy. At least from where I'm sitting with fans of teams other than the Patriots. Well, except for one....my coworker who is a die hard Patriot fan.
Old 12-19-16, 09:39 PM   #59
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
It is a glowing review of the facts overshadowed by controversy concerning cheating. As a result, Tom Brady and the Patriots we be remembered for the controversy. At least from where I'm sitting with fans of teams other than the Patriots. Well, except for one....my coworker who is a die hard Patriot fan.
That's fine. We both know that it's just sour grapes.

Hey your buddy that's a Pats fan. Ask him if he knows about Fitzy and his Townie News.

Very, very VERY NSFW! But hilarious. He does one of these just about every week.

Old 12-21-16, 06:47 PM   #60
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I found an interesting football stat and I thought i'd share it with you guys