SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-09-17, 12:55 PM   #706
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I'm sure that if we ask Kim Jong-un nicely he'll stand down and hand himself over to be tried by the international courts. There's definitely no risk of a nuclear launch during a North Korea civil war, or that nuclear weapons would be given to terrorists.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-17, 12:59 PM   #707
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Its only going to get worse if this cult government remains in power. Frankly I think there's a better chance of stability and unification on the peninsula without Fatboy than there is with him. What we are doing now might just be what's needed to encourage the Nork army and citizens to do what others are afraid to do.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-09-17 at 01:17 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-17, 01:58 PM   #708
Oberon
Lucky Jack

You might be right, or it might be a case of 'better the devil you know', but the biggest problem with any regime change activity is the period of chaos at the end of the first regime and before the beginning of the second, not to mention the possibility of insurgent activity in the longer aftermath term.
When you throw nuclear weapons into this mix, it gets a whole lot nastier for North Korea and the nations around it. What's to stop Kim Jong-un from launching his nukes as the people storm his palace? We'd have to hope that the missile commanders aren't loyalists, and chances are, Kim has already thought of that and they're probably on the best pay (whatever that is) of the KPA.

Be careful what you wish for, that's all I'm saying.
Old 10-09-17, 04:15 PM   #709
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Be careful what you wish for, that's all I'm saying.
I wish for a military victory by the US and it's allies including South Korea and Japan and a peaceful reunification of the North and the South as they are after all the same people with two different ideology's.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-h...ighting-begins
Quote:
So what could be more dangerous? As South Korean and American forces move north, the Chinese would probably move south.
China’s military would also want to find nuclear weapons, stocks of chemical and biological agents, and ballistic missiles. Beijing, however, covets something even more important to China: paper.

The Chinese would need to secure North Korean archives, which will likely show their complicity in the Kim family’s weapons
programs and its horrific crimes.

This means China almost certainly would try to secure the capital of Pyongyang and weapons sites before South Korean and American forces did so.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-17, 04:57 PM   #710
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Of course the loyal dog must follow the orders of its master.
That's a bit harsh. Britain is free to have any opinion the United States decides it should have.
Old 10-09-17, 08:10 PM   #711
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
That's a bit harsh. Britain is free to have any opinion the United States decides it should have.
Been doing side work for the Trump White House, now?

<O>
Old 10-09-17, 09:37 PM   #712
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I wish for a military victory by the US and it's allies including South Korea and Japan and a peaceful reunification of the North and the South as they are after all the same people with two different ideology's.
Have you ever heard of the short story 'The Monkeys Paw'?

Quote:
The short story involves Mr. and Mrs. White and their adult son, Herbert. Sergeant-Major Morris, a friend who served with the British Army in India, introduces them to a mummified monkey's paw. An old fakir placed a spell on the paw, that it would grant three wishes. The wishes are granted but always with hellish consequences as punishment for tampering with fate. Morris, having had a horrific experience using the paw, throws the monkey's paw into the fire but Mr. White retrieves it. Before leaving, Morris warns Mr. White that if he does use the paw, then it will be on his own head.
At Herbert's suggestion, Mr. White flippantly wishes for £200, which will enable him to make the final mortgage payment for his house, even though he believes he has everything he wants. The next day his son Herbert leaves for work at a local factory. Later that day, word comes to the White home that Herbert has been killed in a terrible machinery accident. Although the employer denies responsibility for the incident, the firm has decided to make a goodwill payment to the family of the deceased. The payment, of £200, exactly matches the amount Herbert suggested his father should wish for.
I'm sure you'll get your military victory, your £200...somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Old 10-10-17, 05:57 AM   #713
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Strange that in those so-called enlightened and modern times, there can be lunatics as state leaders abusing their citizens, and the rest of the world does not interfere or care until an international safety valve goes off. North Korea is one problem, China will be the problem.
Agreed. Agreed!

With all the protested injustices of the world, somehow we all overlook the horrible plight of people like the North Koreans. Even without a nuclear program, the civilized world should be working together to bring down that criminal regime and release the millions living there. It's a real shame.
Old 10-10-17, 06:41 AM   #714
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Agreed. Agreed!

With all the protested injustices of the world, somehow we all overlook the horrible plight of people like the North Koreans. Even without a nuclear program, the civilized world should be working together to bring down that criminal regime and release the millions living there. It's a real shame.
Maybe the civilized world should disown it's own criminal allies first?
Old 10-10-17, 07:56 AM   #715
Avis30
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And there i was, thinking O. meant England

B.t.w. here are some excellent design pieces for your home:

Designed by a japanese.
This ish bomb a.f! Brilliance.
Avis30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 08:27 AM   #716
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Maybe the civilized world should disown it's own criminal allies first?

There are "criminal allies" in every land, but there are "ideals" that are basic to human rights, too. Those ideals are interpreted obviously by those that live under them, but in the case of North Korea, they are extremely crushed generation after generation.

NK soldiers are getting across the border, in small numbers, but they are tired of being hungry. First order of business is to feed them, then talk to them. NK citizens that get across the border to China, through higher disciplined NK troops, say the same thing.

The world is not perfect, but I am glad that I have rights to support American ideals. They are the best. If I thought they were no, I hope that I have the courage to go where they are better suited to me. Complaining without action is just negative. The process, to me, is to vote for the best imperfect, donate when I can, and just talk to those around me. Several good Supreme Court cases are coming up this term.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 08:30 AM   #717
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

North Korea 'hackers steal US-South Korea war plans'

Quote:
Hackers from North Korea are reported to have stolen a large cache of military documents from South Korea, including a plan to assassinate North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41565281

Oops!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 08:36 AM   #718
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

The rise of the internet has been very good in many ways. But, there is a dark underbelly.

NK can't afford the cost of maintaining a highly trained army, but they can afford a highly trained team of cyber warriors and strategic missile systems.

KJU, and his father before him, have a good idea of effective warfare.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 10:21 AM   #719
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
North Korea 'hackers steal US-South Korea war plans'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41565281

Oops!
Psalm 37:8 Refrain from anger and give up your rage; do not be agitated—it can only bring harm.

Perhaps if Kim Jong Un aka "Rocket Man" reads these documents he will get so mad he will get cancer and fall over.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 11:09 AM   #720
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I wish. If that worked, President Dotard would have been gone long ago.

Tags
korea, north korea