SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-11, 01:15 PM   #1546
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
....you have never worked with 3D models before and that is your first attempt?I tried once to dabble and its way hard IMO.
Haha, thanks, but it's not like I built this model from scratch
I exported the existing model with s3editor to a 3d program to unwrap the skin, optimize it and repaint it so it'll look better in-game without longer loading times. All thanks to Hans' instructions and knowledge btw.
So the skin is my work, but the 3d model is basically one of the standard fishing boats in sh3.
Bakkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 01:24 PM   #1547
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkels View Post
Finally ready on the fishing boat. (Besides rudder and propeller)
I still have to do the AO, but most of the work is done now.
And then I got to figure out which model I'll do next.
Nicely done mate, don't worry the AO ain't to bad much easier than the unwrap.
Oh and looking great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
....you have never worked with 3D models before and that is your first attempt?I tried once to dabble and its way hard IMO.
Yes and once the Mod is released we'll be expecting the same from everyone.
As Han's will make the Tutorials Public after the release.

Like Bakkels I to had no 3D experience prior to my Trawler model.
But the Tutorials make it all so easy, believe me some people would pay plenty for that level of expertise that Hans provides in those tutorials.
And there is currently about 11GB of them and more to follow .

Even now I'm working on my second Model, this time I've gone from the most simple and basic Trawler to one of the Largest units in SH3 (Hint hint).
This time I'm totally reworking the from completely rescaling to match actual dimensions and editing a lot of the structure to get it to match more closely to the real deal.

Quote:
Haha, thanks, but it's not like I built this model from scratch
I exported the existing model with s3editor to a 3d program to unwrap the skin, optimize it and repaint it so it'll look better in-game without longer loading times. All thanks to Hans' instructions and knowledge btw.
So the skin is my work, but the 3d model is basically one of the standard fishing boats in sh3.
And also the AO will really make her stand out giving textures a more defined finish.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 01:28 PM   #1548
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Now I do not feel like an incompetent idjut! A friend of mine once said 3D modeling is like black magic.I was ready to call you "the chosen one" for the unnatural black magic running thru your veins.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 01:36 PM   #1549
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Well, I'm certainly not the 3D prodigy you thought I was.
But I am the chosen one, and I do have black magic running through my veins. Actually, my 'blood' as you mortals like to call it, consists of 60% black magic, 30% kerosine and 10% tigerblood.
Old 06-09-11, 01:40 PM   #1550
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Yes and once the Mod is released we'll be expecting the same from everyone.
As Han's will make the Tutorials Public after the release.

Like Bakkels I to had no 3D experience prior to my Trawler model.
But the Tutorials make it all so easy, believe me some people would pay plenty for that level of expertise that Hans provides in those tutorials.
And there is currently about 11GB of them and more to follow .

Even now I'm working on my second Model, this time I've gone from the most simple and basic Trawler to one of the Largest units in SH3 (Hint hint).
This time I'm totally reworking the from completely rescaling to match actual dimensions and editing a lot of the structure to get it to match more closely to the real deal.

And also the AO will really make her stand out giving textures a more defined finish.
Great stuff Reaper and please do not leave us fans out of the loop....some pics now and then are great but some words on how damage model will be,fatigue model etc will be is even better.
Old 06-09-11, 01:42 PM   #1551
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Well, I'm certainly not the 3D prodigy you thought I was.
But I am the chosen one, and I do have black magic running through my veins. Actually, my 'blood' as you mortals like to call it, consists of 60% black magic, 30% kerosine and 10% tigerblood.
Winning!!!!!!!! You must feel like your surrounded by fools and trolls alot.
Old 06-10-11, 11:30 AM   #1552
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
yep, this is great news. just waiting for the note, the sh4 water shader was successfully adapted in sh3!!!

hello Urfisch,

that would be nice...indeed ! BUT ,i am afraid that you will never see it happening.very few in the forum have the abillity to tell you if ,by hacking the executables, is possible to import sh4 's (or even better sh5's) water into sh3.

only three people are in my mind that can tell you (us) if it is possible to be done...Thedarkwraith , Anvart and Seeadler.

the way for hacking the executables is now open ( thanks to H.Sie's brilliant idea to release patches for .exe and not the allready patched .exe) ,so if there is indeed a way for sh4's water to get into sh3 ...only Thedarkwraith , Anvart and Seeadler can answer to your dreams.
especially a tool developed by Thedarkwraith called ''.dll injector'' maybe turn to prooved very usefull for this attempt.

and btw guys...here is the best water i have seen .i know crysis's water is super too...but pay a close look to this water..is much much better...almost real and the author is selling it for 100 usd :

this :

or this:

....nice waters ...eh ?

Quote:
Finally ready on the fishing boat. (Besides rudder and propeller)
Some screens:

------

-----

I still have to do the AO, but most of the work is done now.
And then I got to figure out which model I'll do next.

congratulations Bakkels ! VERY VERY nice work for first time !!

ps:adjust your AA settings a little bit at your machine

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 06-10-11 at 11:45 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 11:52 AM   #1553
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
congratulations Bakkels ! VERY VERY nice work for first time !!

ps:adjust your AA settings a little bit at your machine
Thanks! And yeah, the AA is kinda crappy. But my pc isn't the problem. It's my 3d program. I'll try tweaking the settings there.
Old 06-10-11, 12:04 PM   #1554
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Thanks! And yeah, the AA is kinda crappy. But my pc isn't the problem. It's my 3d program. I'll try tweaking the settings there.
Hi Mate your best option is not to take a screenshot from the Interface but to make a Render - don't forget to set up the render options first for resolution etc, then hit render for proper screenshot's
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 12:09 PM   #1555
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Yeah I just found out AA doesn't work in the viewport. Which I find very strange btw. But yeah, next time I'll use the renderer
Old 06-10-11, 12:25 PM   #1556
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
(or even better sh5's)
If done, then there would be no need for SH5.

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 07:50 PM   #1557
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
only three people are in my mind that can tell you (us) if it is possible to be done...Thedarkwraith , Anvart and Seeadler.
considering Seeadler has found where the shaders are being called in SH3 I don't see why one can't modify the code to point it to call another function that either loads a different shader for the water or compiles a shader from a file (via DirectX function call). I'm assuming that the current water shader code is contained in the SH3 .exe. I'd be curious to know what variables are being passed to the current water shader and to see the current water shader code.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 08:38 PM   #1558
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
considering Seeadler has found where the shaders are being called in SH3 I don't see why one can't modify the code to point it to call another function that either loads a different shader for the water or compiles a shader from a file (via DirectX function call). I'm assuming that the current water shader code is contained in the SH3 .exe. I'd be curious to know what variables are being passed to the current water shader and to see the current water shader code.
I don't quite grasp what you are saying here...

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 01:49 PM   #1559
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what about givin it a try? you are experienced in reverse engineering, tdw. new water would be the greatest thing (beside new crew models) that happened to sh3 since the open hatch mod from dd!!!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 02:57 PM   #1560
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I don't quite grasp what you are saying here...
Basically, that you can coaxe the game code to add effects to the water, more or less like H.Sie did already for his fixes, adding to the SH3.exe a "link" to an external file where you would add water effects.