SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-13, 01:57 PM   #3
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Currently the idea is to use the script/app only after a patrol. Thus, the .clg files are not touched, only the Log_X.cfg files.

Without having access to the log during a patrol, it would be rather useless to edit the .clg file. One could think about having access to the log, but in this case one would have to change the script a bit and the log would only be updated after exiting the game, i.e., before exiting the game, the player could see a mixture of his entries (from previous sessions) and the true sinkings of the current session In addition, the player still had to keep a 'true/paper' log outside of SH3 (at least for the current session).

I think the current solution is better. But if players would like to use it during a patrol, I might adapt the script accordingly (two new options: submit to BdU / only update log and save-game path input required).

Just to make it clear: The idea currently is that the player has no in-game log during a patrol. He must make notes outside of SH3. After a patrol he 'submits' his records to the 'BdU' who checks the records and gives renown accordingly. The player can then see his notes in SH3 via: main career menu --> desk --> patrol history. There the full log with his comments can be seen (and a comparison of his claims and the confirmation of 'BdU').

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote