SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-14, 01:17 PM   #181
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainexpress View Post
Sjizzle i already explained to you if you look up the page a few posts up what my problem is twice...your charts don't work when i enable them JSGME

delete all the _Draggables.TDW files from SH5 folder ...
if u go to Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part *_20.07.2013\data\UserCharts\
u see there the .dds file or only UserChart_Sjizzle part*.TDW ?

another question u have edit UserChart_Sjizzle part*.TDW ?
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 10:38 AM   #182
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Sjizzle i already explained to you if you look up the page a few posts up what my problem is twice...your charts don't work when i enable them JSGME
Hey mainexpress,

It's odd, that's for sure.

Earlier, I asked you to confirm that those files were in the correct folders, and you did. I was just thinking: after you enable the mod(s) in JSGME, go into the actual matching game folders SH5installfolder\data\UserCharts\ and verify that those files are indeed there as well to make sure JSGME is indeed activating the mod and putting it in the correct locations. If they are confirmed there as well, then maybe they are corrupt like you said, who knows. If so, maybe go with your idea of re-downloading and installing again.

Another thought I had is to edit TDW's UserChart_Default chart in his Uis\data\UserCharts\, and add one of the entries from Sjizzle's charts to it like this one:

[Chart]
Category=Plotting Tools
Name=Maneuvering Board
Filename=maneuvering-board.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Maneuvering Board

It will end up being:

[Chart]
Category=
Name=Flags
Filename=FlagChart.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Flag chart

[Chart]
Category=Plotting Tools
Name=Maneuvering Board
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1

Back up UserChart_Default before you edit it of course!!

Reactivate TDW's mod again (with everything else in the proper order of course - save and load your mod list profile for this) and load the game to see you if get both Flags and Plotting Tools in his Default chart. If you do, this at least tells us that the dds files are ok. Don't forget to delete that and restore the backed file afterwards.

The other thing you can do is copy one of TDW's or Sjizzle's charts files, rename it to something like UserCharts_TEST.TDW, then copy some or all the other charts from the other Sjizzle charts into that. Delete all the other Sjizzle charts from the mod, leaving only UserCharts_TEST.TDW. Load up the mod and see if it works. Remember, as TDW said: these files must begin with UserCharts and have the TDW file suffix.

Let us know how that goes ...
Old 05-21-14, 04:53 PM   #183
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Love this mod, it's a great addition, thank you!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 05:48 PM   #184
mainexpress
Ensign

Downloads: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hey mainexpress,

It's odd, that's for sure.

Earlier, I asked you to confirm that those files were in the correct folders, and you did. I was just thinking: after you enable the mod(s) in JSGME, go into the actual matching game folders SH5installfolder\data\UserCharts\ and verify that those files are indeed there as well to make sure JSGME is indeed activating the mod and putting it in the correct locations. If they are confirmed there as well, then maybe they are corrupt like you said, who knows. If so, maybe go with your idea of re-downloading and installing again.

Another thought I had is to edit TDW's UserChart_Default chart in his Uis\data\UserCharts\, and add one of the entries from Sjizzle's charts to it like this one:

[Chart]
Category=Plotting Tools
Name=Maneuvering Board
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1

It will end up being:

[Chart]
Category=
Name=Flags
Filename=FlagChart.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Flag chart

[Chart]
Category=Plotting Tools
Name=Maneuvering Board
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1

Back up UserChart_Default before you edit it of course!!

Reactivate TDW's mod again (with everything else in the proper order of course - save and load your mod list profile for this) and load the game to see you if get both Flags and Plotting Tools in his Default chart. If you do, this at least tells us that the dds files are ok. Don't forget to delete that and restore the backed file afterwards.

The other thing you can do is copy one of TDW's or Sjizzle's charts files, rename it to something like UserCharts_TEST.TDW, then copy some or all the other charts from the other Sjizzle charts into that. Delete all the other Sjizzle charts from the mod, leaving only UserCharts_TEST.TDW. Load up the mod and see if it works. Remember, as TDW said: these files must begin with UserCharts and have the TDW file suffix.

Let us know how that goes ...
hopefully i can try this being out on patrol instead of waiting to get back to the bunker to change out my mods and fix this...
mainexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 02:45 AM   #185
mainexpress
Ensign

ah thanks 7infanterie19 I used the TDW UserChart_Default chart and put a Sjizzle chart in there edited it and bingo all my charts show up...and thankyou Sjizzle for your help and your mod
Old 05-22-14, 04:06 PM   #186
mainexpress
Ensign

Quote:
ah thanks 7infanterie19 I used the TDW UserChart_Default chart and put a Sjizzle chart in there edited it and bingo all my charts show up...and thankyou Sjizzle for your help and your mod
but i still don't see the weather charts and the speed conversions charts...i see the assessment charts though.
Old 05-22-14, 07:40 PM   #187
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Glad you made progress.

Have you scrolled down using your mouse wheel (if you have one) to view any remaining categories?
Old 05-22-14, 09:00 PM   #188
mainexpress
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Glad you made progress.

Have you scrolled down using your mouse wheel (if you have one) to view any remaining categories?
yes i have but not seeing the weather charts & speed conversion charts like i said.intially from the get go i did not use the mouse wheel to scroll down to see the other charts...it might not be a bad idea if sjizzle adjusts his first post and underline the fact that you need to scroll down to see the other chart options...because i did not know that at first.

Last edited by mainexpress; 05-22-14 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-23-14, 01:04 AM   #189
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
yes i have but not seeing the weather charts & speed conversion charts like i said.intially from the get go i did not use the mouse wheel to scroll down to see the other charts...it might not be a bad idea if sjizzle adjusts his first post and underline the fact that you need to scroll down to see the other chart options...because i did not know that at first.
that is mentioned by tdw when added this option in his UI
Old 05-23-14, 06:15 PM   #190
mainexpress
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
do you have any 'how to's' on your charts like a video tutorials?

Last edited by mainexpress; 05-23-14 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-24-14, 01:38 AM   #191
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
do you have any 'how to's' on your charts like a video tutorials?

i don't have any how to for my charts only for tdw's patcher
Old 05-24-14, 01:18 PM   #192
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Grid overlays

This is for those of you using TDW UIs v740 that doesn't have the resizable charts. I have played around with the grid overlay chart sizes from MarineQuadrat Charts and managed to get some very close layouts using either Sjizzle's existing grid.dds or light_grid.dds.

The grid overlays are for many of the grids, but not all. Grids such as all the A* charts, CJ, and BF, have odd shaped grids and/or different numbering layouts, so it's not as simple to do.

Also, there are a few grids that may be a bit bigger or smaller than the designated grid overlay, but these settings should be close enough.

The info points to grid.dds, so that you don't have to have multiple dds files for the different grids. You can easily rename grid.dds to light_grid.dds in your charts file if you would rather use Sjizzle's other grid overlay. If you want both, then you will need to copy the info twice, then adjust the "Name" lines and the "ToolTip" lines to distinguish the two different uses, something like: Name=Grids DF, DH Dark for one, and Name=Grids DF, DH Light for the other.

The overlays work at the zoom level just above the one where you see these numbers on the raw map itself.

I use a screen resolution of 1900x1200 and am curious if these settings will work for you as well on this resolution or on other resolutions, so if you're interested, give it a try and report back to satisfy my curiosity.

You can add the following info to UserChart_Sjizzle_mapgrid.TDW, overwriting the existing info. You have a backup of that file, so you can always restore it later if you don't want to use this. If you create a new file and disable Sjizzle's, don't forget to copy over grid.dds and light_grid.dds. For those of you who, like me, have merged all the charts (including TDW's) together into one file, simply copy and paste the info somewhere into that full charts file.

======================

[Chart]
Category=Grid Overlays
Name=Grids BA-BE
Filename=grid.dds
Size=692,408
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Grids BA-BT

[Chart]
Category=Grid Overlays
Name=Grid CF
Filename=grid.dds
Size=500,420
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Grid CF

[Chart]
Category=Grid Overlays
Name=Grids CA-CE, CG, CK, CO, DA-DE, DG, DJ, GK-GR
Filename=grid.dds
Size=548,420
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Grids CA-CE, CG, CK, CO, DA-DE, DG, DJ, GK-GR

[Chart]
Category=Grid Overlays
Name=Grids DF, DH
Filename=grid.dds
Size=580,410
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Grids DF, DH

[Chart]
Category=Grid Overlays
Name=Grids DK-GJ
Filename=grid.dds
Size=410,410
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Grids BA-BF

======================

Let me know what you think

Cheers!

EDIT:

I have changed over to using grid.dds and have added entries for two grid overlays that use light_grid.dds to cover many of the zoomed-in patrol grid quadrants in the AN grid and some grids on the English west coast. Here are the details for those with the same screen resolution as I use. I have no idea whether these numbers work for other resolutions.

[Chart]
Category=Map Grid Overlays
Name=Zoomed-in Quadrant Overlay
Filename=light_grid.dds
Size=630,360
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Zoomed-in Quadrant Overlay

[Chart]
Category=Map Grid Overlays
Name=Zoomed-in Quadrant Overlay - wider
Filename=light_grid.dds
Size=755,360
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Zoomed-in Quadrant Overlay - wider

Last edited by 7Infanterie19; 06-03-14 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-25-14, 10:31 AM   #193
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
yes i have but not seeing the weather charts & speed conversion charts like i said.
Earlier, you said you added one chart to the default and suddenly all the charts showed up. How did you set up your charts after all was said and done? Did you get Sjizzle's working? Did you create your own? Did you add everything to TDW's default? When you said you saw all the charts at first, were those two charts above there? If so, are you saying they vanished since?

Whatever you did, go through the charts and make sure those parts are there, and if so, that they were pasted in completely. You can try to move them to the top of the list to see if they show up, and if so, see if the ones on the bottom are still there or don't show up now. I read that there used to be a limit on the amount of entries, but I don't think that should not be a problem anymore, IIRC.

Worst case is to start from scratch. Create your own UserChartsMainEx.TDW, then copy all the charts you need into that file, load it up and see what happens. I think that should clear things up as long as you have each section done correctly and that [ENDCHART] is the last line in the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
Sjizzle, maybe it would be a good idea to add that to your OP along with any little things people need to know, or you can cross reference TDW's thread where it says that (which I can't find, frankly). You can also add something along the lines that you just added the charts and that if anyone wants to know how to use them, they can search the forums. That should save you headaches.

On the other hand, you can post links to threads in your OP that refer to the tools you have in your mod, so that people can easily reference them, something like sober does in his mega mod thread. That should save you headaches too.

Anything to make a mod more user friendly goes a long way in bringing people to using it. Without mentioning any names, there are mods out there without enough information. It's like "here you go. figure it out yourself.", which leads to a million repetitive posts.

At the end of the day, it's up to you.

Cheers!

Last edited by 7Infanterie19; 05-25-14 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-29-14, 12:06 PM   #194
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
but i still don't see the weather charts and the speed conversions charts...i see the assessment charts though.
While adding and reorganizing my charts file, I was suddenly missing a chart. It turns out that I deleted the [Chart] part, so it wasn't showing up. Make sure you have all the needed lines for each chart - eight lines, including [Chart].
Old 06-03-14, 10:41 AM   #195
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Maneuvering and Timepiece boards

Through a lot of searches, I finally stumbled on sublynx's SH3 Charts Addon mod that used the maneuvering and timepiece boards. From the way it looked, I think he had it set up so that it was functional in SH3.

Does anyone know how these boards work in SH5? As it stands, you can't use any tools on them, and if we have to draw with the tools first, then line up the boards precisely over those markings, then I can't see it being useful or functional.