SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-07, 10:21 AM   #31
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Just ran the new version. Looks even better. The grid and air coverage circles are great additions.

No problems creating or opening the file.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 01:28 PM   #32
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

New:"Atlas" Color Scheme:

I have created a new theme which I find is much more pleasing on the eye than the old one.

http://www.global-explorer.de/wip_sc...tlas_theme.gif

If you want to install it, download the following file:

http://www.global-explorer.de/Sh3Gen...ing Room.TTKGP

And place it in your map folder. You can also copy it under Sh3Gen\Tracking Room\Template and replace the previous one. In that case it will be used for all new map projects.

If you don't want to overwrite the old file, all you have to do is rename one of the files.

GE

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 01:41 PM   #33
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Just ran the new version. Looks even better. The grid and air coverage circles are great additions.

No problems creating or opening the file.
Nice bit of information. With only positive reports coming in it looks like it can be officially released very soon.

Old 02-18-07, 04:53 PM   #34
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

GE
Would this be possible: At the end of your patrol could you save and then generate a new map with only your sinkings and patrol reports?
Would it be possible to just generate the terrain and just add the layer with your sinkings and/or reports?
Used the new 0.81 and like it better. Will the final release have the new theme?
The new GWX patch (1.02) will have enhanced air coverage of the Biscay area. Your air coverage circles will be handy.

"Keep up the good work."
Old 02-18-07, 06:54 PM   #35
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

This is excellent. Thank you very much for this tool!
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 12:09 AM   #36
ctown
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default MIL-STD-2525B Symbology for Sh3Gen Tracking Room

MIL-STD-2525B Symbology for Sh3Gen Tracking Room

Overview:
This is a cosmetic add-in to GlobalExplorer’s amazing Sh3Gen Tracking Room (v0.8.1). It replaces the stock symbology with NATO MIL-STD-2525B Symbology, alters the ‘traffic’ symbols for consistency, and increases the symbol fonts. I had nothing to do with the original work, for which a great many thanks are owed to GlobalExplorer.

Installation:
Copy directory on top of Sh3Gen directory; alternately, use JScones’ awesome JSGME mod installer (within Sh3Gen directory, obviously). Otherwise use as normal.

Example Screen Shot:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Download @ rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/17162324/MIL-STD-2525B_Symbology_for_Sh3Gen_Tracking_Room_.zip.html
Please host if you have the space.
Hope you like, please give feedback. Thank you again GlobalExplorer.
ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 06:37 AM   #37
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

GE, me probably your biggest fan, am glad you went ahead with your project of enhancing Sh3 Gen. Kudos my man
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 10:32 AM   #38
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

@Tuddley: I know you have been spreading the word in other forums before. Once this is released, I would need someone to take this to the UBI and other forums, would you be the man for that job? Normally I neither have the time nor the energy to advertise, and it's also much nicer if users recommend mods among themselves.

@ctown: Nice submod! It looks like you are the first person in this thread who knows how to make use of the viewers advanced features, queries and stuff. It would be nice if you stayed around and helped people who have questions about using viewer, in case I am not around.

Your mod should work fine. I noticed you got the referencing of the bitmaps right - in the beginning I sometimes created references like:
"C:\\\\Dokumente und Einstellungen\\\\Standard\\\\Desktop\\\\Sh3Gen\\\\ UserData\\\\Lütjens\\\\1942\\\\flags\\\\Finland.bm p"
which of course can only be resolved on the same machine, but not when deployed to another computer.
Another thing I noticed is that you should be able to reduce the size of the bitmaps drastically without losing any quality.

Btw I am still looking for some help with adding ship silouettes. It can be done, but requires patience, experimentation and love for detail, and tbh I am a bit tired of it at the moment ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958
Would it be possible to just generate the terrain and just add the layer with your sinkings and/or reports?
More on that later. There are some considerations to be taken, and it would require some new stuff, but I would like to have that, too. For now suffice to say that it won't make it into this release. I will however post my ideas how this could be done, and I'd be glad to hear your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958
Will the final release have the new theme?
Yes, and it's not difficult to have several alternative themes in your template folder. ctown was very quick at understanding how it can be done.

Old 02-19-07, 05:57 PM   #39
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Noted that traffic in the Indian Ocean is not being plotted, Using GWX "monson" uboat
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 04:30 AM   #40
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

GE, I would be honored to help you out my friend. If you ask me to jump, I will ask you how high

Contibutions like this to SH3 will help keep her alive for much longer, we are so glad to have folks like you puting your time and effort into keeping SH3 going like a bat out of hell. Keep up your good work.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 10:27 AM   #41
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Noted that traffic in the Indian Ocean is not being plotted, Using GWX "monson" uboat
That's because Sh3Gen hasnt model it as a TOO. Click Sh3Gen->Resources->Map to see an exact map of the theaters modelled as of now.

Since GWX comes with new far east operations, I understand there is a need to add Indian Ocean and Pacific theaters, hopefully I find the time to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3
GE, I would be honored to help you out my friend. If you ask me to jump, I will ask you how high
Thanks mate! You would help me a lot if you acted as spokesperson and pointed me the most important questions/suggestions. That way my back will be free to do more work on the program, which is probably a better way to spend it.

I will contact you by PM when I have made up my mind about the release, which should be there by next week at the latest, or so I've promised myself.

Concerning various questions asked in this thread.

Following up on the suggestions by mr chris and irish 1958 I am working on a new version 0.8.2 that will have a solution for generating maps with sinkings and lots of other stuff. Some sour wine first: They will require a bit of hand editing in the files, i.e. you must type in the text at the markers yourself, as there is no reliable way to analyze that from the savegame, and it will also be necessary to place markers in the ingame map at the correct positions. The good news is that with my solution you will be in full control of your patrol event map, and should be able to create your own map overlays once you got the hang of it. I will offer the necessary instructions with every map folder, and include a sample patrol events layer.

Version 0.8.2 will come with the improved color schemes and a patrol event map preconfigured.

Stay tuned,

GE

Old 02-21-07, 12:27 PM   #42
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

UPDATE 2007-02-21

Here is the next, and hopefully final release candidate of Sh3Gen Tracking Room:

www.global-explorer.de/sh3gen_v082.exe

And some new screenshots showing the new patrol events layer.

This is what Sh3Gen will automatically generate:

http://www.global-explorer.de/wip_screens/events_1.gif

http://www.global-explorer.de/wip_screens/events_2.gif

For it to work you must place markers and rulers at the right places for it to work - in the game - this should be discussed as it is probably not clear from the beginning how it works

Instructions for tailoring the new patrol events layers (this is only for advanced users):
patrol_events_instructions.txt

And a sample file with an edited map marker:
map_markers.gml

But with just a little text editing it can be turned into something like this:

http://www.global-explorer.de/wip_screens/events_3.gif

OK, that'll do for now - if there is no negative feedback I will finish this over the coming weekend.

GE

Screenshot of Scapa Flow 1939:

http://www.global-explorer.de/wip_sc...scapa_flow.gif

Last edited by GlobalExplorer; 02-21-07 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 12:33 PM   #43
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Nice work.

However your screenie links are not working. I think you have http:// x2 in all of them.
Old 02-21-07, 12:39 PM   #44
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

So to use this tracking room you have to alt tab the game right?
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 12:54 PM   #45
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Nice work.

However your screenie links are not working. I think you have http:// x2 in all of them.
Yes thanks, I should have fixed it by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumando
So to use this tracking room you have to alt tab the game right?
Yes. Go to www.global-explorer.de to understand how my program works.