Closed Thread

Old 08-01-18, 02:02 PM   #5131
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

If Trump does the illegal and unconstitutional things that Obama did, if he has people in the highest appointed positions who have lied and done illegal things then I would be the first in line to condemn him.
Then I would venture to wish you a speedy recovery on your apparent laryngitis and/or selective mutism...

The many occasions where Trump's actions have been found to be outside of the law and/or constitutional, e.g., some of his Executive Orders (his first two regarding his travel ban being obvious examples), Executive Orders being something he railed against during his campaign, but now finds irresistible, by the way; the slew of appointees (at a current rate of some 40% of the total he has appointed, calling into serious question not only his judgement but, also the quality of persons with which he surrounds himself) who have been hastened out the doors for legal violations, ethical violations, and, yes, even lying...

I think your requirements have been met and in bulk...

I have a sort of litmus test when it comes to deciding if Trump and his minions have steeped over a line or committed gross offense: I just consider what Trump, et al, have done and, if I know the Far-Right would be up on their hind legs howling if Obama or Clinton did the same, well then, whatever was done must be wrong in so many ways...

Again, my condolences on your debility...

<O>
Old 08-01-18, 02:36 PM   #5132
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
For someone with widespread suspicion with little to back it up, you sure know an awful lot.

Well, you see, I have this really bad habit of actually viewing various, and varied, reports and remembering their contents. Here's a bit of back up (oddly and surprisingly easy to find by just typing "donald trump actual worth" into Google):

Trump’s Net Worth Is Far Less Than He Claims, Trump Organization Revenue Suggests (11/11/17) --

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...t-worth-715546

Quote:

Last year the Trump Organization reported nearly $9.5 billion in revenues, but public filings by President Donald Trump suggest that the company actually earned between $600 and $700 million in 2016. Crain's, a leading New York business publication, claimed that the Trump foundation had been reporting an inflated revenue since at least 2010. The publication moved the company from the number 3 spot on the list to number 40.

“It was obviously very important to Donald to have his company on the top of the list...but the numbers that he presented are just flagrantly untrue,” Crain’s senior reporter Aaron Elstein told NPR.

Is Donald Trump Not Really a Billionaire? (05/31/16)--

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...rump-net-worth

Trump lied to me about his wealth to get onto the Forbes 400. Here are the tapes. (04/20/18) --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.2b157b021e3e

Why Donald Trump's net worth is probably a lot less than you think - and it keeps falling (07/17/18) --

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...bably-11856762 --

...and there are a lot more, you just have to look them up...

Of note in a lot of the article regarding his net worth, almost no mention is made of his debt and its nature. Trump has a very heavy debt load and some of his debt is shrouded in questions about the sources of the lending and their conditions, notably Trump's loans through Deutsche Bank (a necessity since US banks won't do business with Trump due to his history of loan defaults and/or bankruptcies); there have been reports the DB loans were informally underwritten by Russian interests tied to Putin, something yet to be fully verified and another reason why Trump might be so skittish about releasing his tax returns, etc...

So, the information is all out there; I mean, Hannity and/or Fox News aren't the only sources available in the real world...

<O>
Old 08-01-18, 05:15 PM   #5133
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
The many occasions where Trump's actions have been found to be outside of the law and/or constitutional, e.g., some of his Executive Orders (his first two regarding his travel ban being obvious examples), Executive Orders being something he railed against during his campaign, but now finds irresistible, by the way; the slew of appointees (at a current rate of some 40% of the total he has appointed, calling into serious question not only his judgement but, also the quality of persons with which he surrounds himself) who have been hastened out the doors for legal violations, ethical violations, and, yes, even lying...
Please lets not talk about amateur hour and confuse it with the pros.

Quote:
I think your requirements have been met and in bulk...
I disagree. But let me know when Mike Pompeo gets caught with a home brew email server in his basement and then his associates mislead and obstruct investigations, and hid or destroy evidence.

Or when Trump has the Internal Revenue Service and other federal agencies illegally used to target and harass the President’s political enemies.

Or when Jeff Sessions oversees the illegal sale of arms to Mexican traffickers for purposes that to this date have not been adequately explained.

Or when John Bolton goes on five different Sunday talk shows on the same day and tells the same lie.

Or when Jeff Sessions is being held in contempt of Congress for inhibiting the investigation of administration scandals.

Or when Daniel Coats lies while testifying before Congress.

Or when Trumps' Department of Justice spies on reporter James Rosen and the Associated Press.

Or when the Trumps' Veterans Administration had a system in which servicemen lost their lives to bureaucratic incompetence and medical neglect, and then falsifies records to cover it up.

Or when Trump violates the U.S. Constitution by authorizing assassinations and drone strikes to kill American citizens abroad without due process.

Then there is the biggie. Let me know when the Trump administration uses the FBI and the DOJ to spy on the next Democratic Presidential candidate and his campaign members for a phony Russian collusion charge. Remember when Bernie Sanders went to Russia for his honeymoon. Pretty suspicious.

Sorry, it is not even close. Yet.

But don't worry, Trump has six more years to catch up.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-01-18, 08:32 PM   #5134
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

I disagree. But let me know when Mike Pompeo gets caught with a home brew email server in his basement and then his associates mislead and obstruct investigations, and hid or destroy evidence.

Or when Trump has the Internal Revenue Service and other federal agencies illegally used to target and harass the President’s political enemies.

Or when Jeff Sessions oversees the illegal sale of arms to Mexican traffickers for purposes that to this date have not been adequately explained.

Or when John Bolton goes on five different Sunday talk shows on the same day and tells the same lie.

Or when Jeff Sessions is being held in contempt of Congress for inhibiting the investigation of administration scandals.

Or when Trumps' Department of Justice spies on reporter James Rosen and the Associated Press.

Or when the Trumps' Veterans Administration had a system in which servicemen lost their lives to bureaucratic incompetence and medical neglect, and then falsifies records to cover it up.

Or when Trump violates the U.S. Constitution by authorizing assassinations and drone strikes to kill American citizens abroad without due process.

Then there is the biggie. Let me know when the Trump administration uses the FBI and the DOJ to spy on the next Democratic Presidential candidate and his campaign members for a phony Russian collusion charge. Remember when Bernie Sanders went to Russia for his honeymoon. Pretty suspicious.

Well put. It really illustrates the double standard at work here.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 08-02-18, 09:48 AM   #5135
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Wow! Great post did you do that from memory?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-02-18, 10:10 AM   #5136
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Focus and going of this thread is a prime argument for why general elections for just everybody should be forbidden.
Old 08-02-18, 10:49 AM   #5137
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Wow! Great post did you do that from memory?

No, the Obama administrations' misdeeds are easy to find via Google.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-02-18, 12:58 PM   #5138
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Nice and suitable.

Old 08-02-18, 01:22 PM   #5139
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/t...-15712379.html

Trump is just a screeching idiot with a dead cat being nailed to his stupid head every morning.

Old 08-02-18, 04:11 PM   #5140
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I am a little worried about this coming weekend. I have to buy groceries and I don't have a grocery ID. I hope I can get one in time.
Old 08-03-18, 01:37 PM   #5141
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...O-4122969.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.50d58d3d9308

Last edited by Bleiente; 08-03-18 at 01:58 PM.

Old 08-06-18, 01:40 PM   #5142
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesells...a-1220915.html

Old 08-06-18, 02:43 PM   #5143
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Bleiente:

https://translate.google.com/?hl=de

Did you know that a couple of people here either are German or are internationals who understand German - but that the vast majority here does not speak German?

Chasing a German article through Google Translator before posting the link, may be useful. Just copy the URL of the German original into the text window, and process it. You must not copy the text itself. Then post the resulting Google URL.

But check the text after the translating process. Often, Google does a very good job now in succeeding, at least to let people understand what is meant. But sometimes the results are so terrible and misleading that its not worth it to post it. So: check it.
Old 08-06-18, 03:02 PM   #5144
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Funny you should mention the New York Times. They have had some bad press lately.

Quote:
The New York Times announced Monday it hired left-wing writer Sarah Jeong, who has a long history of racist tweets, to be the lead technology writer for the newspaper’s editorial board. Jeong repeatedly posted racist statements via her Twitter account.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/02/...rulent-racist/

Quote:
The announcement of Jeong’s hiring comes after The New York Times fired its previous brand new hire for the same technology writer position last February because she “retweeted a racial slur.”

Far from merely retweeting a single offensive post, Jeong likened an entire race of people to “goblins,” compared their conversations to animals urinating, and declared that skin color entirely determined whether an individual was awful or not.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-07-18, 05:06 AM   #5145
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hah double standards and hypocrisy! And Fox of all accusing others
As if the far right is not openly racist and sexist, and now all cry about one woman who bites back?
Ever heard of counter-trolling? "Racist against white people", my heart bleeds.

If she had wrote that in Fakefox about blacks you'd applaud her. Lmao.

"She shas been an obvious target for the right wing internet mobs that have been especially active of late, launching organized smear campaigns against left-leaning celebrities by weaponizing their old jokes and tweets"

Bullying tactics of the far right have left their mark. She is now just imitating the rhetorics of her harassers, hard to take for the latter eh?
What those right wingers not understand is humour and sarcasm, which is exactly what Jeong used

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-07-18 at 05:39 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter